Jack Monroe #42

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Guys yesterday on my day off I spent hours doing some Insta admin ..... somehow I had been following 750 accounts !! I created myself a new account for my crafting and book accounts I like to follow and then went through and Marie Kondo’d (does this bring me joy in my life? 😂) 400 off the list of accounts I follow. It was quite a delight to hit Unfollow on JM I must admit 🤪

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Accent aside - are you me? My poor sister, who is very white white, went through an unfortunate fake tan phase as a teenager after people at work kept commenting on how pale she was. Myself, I've had arguments with people over my ethnicity, with people from that cultural group - 'but you must be' (I am not) Our brother is somewhere in the middle. My aunty is also different coloured to my mum, to the point when she was dating her husband, who is Lebanese, she would get compliments on her English! This was much nicer than the truly awful slurs she'd get at uni, which I won't repeat.

For triangulation purposes, sort of oval, and not sure on scent, but if you can produce some Lynx Java, I'll hand myself over!
Haha probably! It's weird how genetics work though. My only explanation is that we have Scottish, Irish, Scandinavian, France and Spanish ancestry and that my sister got the first bit and I got the second 🤷🏻‍♀️

Rik mayall for me RIP
Rik was my first crush 😢

• Heart
Reactions: 10
No apologies needed - it’s just what happens when you quote someone and then quote someone else before another post - it kind of bunches your quotes into one.

Which is fine sometimes, but sometimes it happens where you’re quoting a sad post can be merged with a funny one, and that annoys me bec it looks like I’m being heartless!
Thank you, and God yes, I can see myself doing something very similar and making myself look a right nob!
It has been an eye opener to see that there are so many people that see through the bullshit. I used to watch her emotionally incontinent drivel on Twitter and see people lapping it up and thought it was just me that did not buy it. I used to feel a bit sorry for her, as she is clearly not well, however she comes across as such a nasty, spiteful rage filled bullshitting jealous little demon that any sympathy/empathy is long gone.
Her passive aggressive "apologies" really vex me too, they are never apologies but justifications using her current "ailments" to gaslight whoever has had the temerity to challenge her latest "inconsistency".
It mainly bothers me due to the harm she does for those actually impacted by the assortment of issues she claims to suffer from.

Reactions: 30
Nice one, thank you again.

(you most probably have already read these if post apoc / dystopia is your jam, some are mainstream, but):

Death of Grass by John Christopher
On the Beach by Neville Schute
Day of the Triffids by John Wyndham
The End of the world running club by Adrian J. Walker
Station Eleven by Emily St John Mandel
The Road by Cormac McCarthy
The Power by Naomi Alderton
Under the Skin by Michel Faber
The Passage by Justin Cronin
(Like I say, you’ve prob already read / heard of, but I thought they were all excellent)
This is a brilliant list - I love the Death of Grass! Really stayed with me when I read it as a teenager.

Not dystopian per se but the short story ‘The Last Question’ by Isaac Asimov is an absolute must for any sci fi fans. I read it at least once a year and is astounds me every time.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
"Jack plays scrabble in the shabby part of town, smelling of beans and bringing everyone down"

• Haha
Reactions: 30
She smells like Tom Ford private blend. Gift from a friend.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I'm supposed to be getting ready for work but I'm sat here so I can get to the end of the thread just to tell you how large my head is*!

*Massive. In school pictures with my sister, for scale pueposes her head was approx size of a grapefruit, mine was watermelon. 🍉

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I'm supposed to be getting ready for work but I'm sat here so I can get to the end of the thread just to tell you how large my head is*!

*Massive. In school pictures with my sister, for scale pueposes her head was approx size of a grapefruit, mine was watermelon. 🍉
I have a large head too I think 🤔 I balance it out with my hair, it's big and wavy and down to my bum. I would not look dainty with a shaved head 😂

Reactions: 21
Once had what we thought was a leaking waste water pipe, turned out I’d put a bag of potatoes in a far cupboard and forgot about them
@Alansbigplate SAME!!! OMG how horrendous is that smell? 🤢

I’ve always had a thing for Kevin Bacon, no idea why but I’m a bit fascinated by him....he makes me think of David Bowie!😂

JM smells of pistachio milk and the metal from a phone charger

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Guten morgen frauen! For triangulation purposes, I have a square face and smell of Penhaligon's Lothair (FANCY!). My nose is fabulous.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
View attachment 176444Commence ego inflation. Beep boop.
My Grandma did actually pass away during lockdown, We as a family couldnt sit with her in hospital while she was there or be with her when she passed, she was on her own which I will feel guilty about for forever and I couldnt go to her funeral.

So duck off with this tweet Jack, I wouldnt mind so much if she actually said it because she genuinely cared and was bothered, but she doesn't, she just wanted a jazzy soundbite and a chance to get her name in the paper again so yeah duck right off Jack.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 51
Sympathy waning. I wrote a really long post about how angry I was about this. Read it to Mrs Tunnel, who at, 5.30am was not best pleased with me and told me to delete it.
She cannot make fun of a campaign to help an industry off its knees if she is a poverty campaigner, regardless of whether she is an “out lesbian” or not. Being gay in this regard does not give you carte Blanche to make crude jokes at the expense of someone’s livelihood and that upsets me ( disclaimer, I too am an out lesbian, please do not try to triangulate me).
I thought the same - I thought she was being crude and disparaging of her own sexuality. Always think it’s shabby when people are derogatory about themselves in a way that discredits what they’re actually meant to be going on about.

Reactions: 22
Sympathy waning. I wrote a really long post about how angry I was about this. Read it to Mrs Tunnel, who at, 5.30am was not best pleased with me and told me to delete it.
She cannot make fun of a campaign to help an industry off its knees if she is a poverty campaigner, regardless of whether she is an “out lesbian” or not. Being gay in this regard does not give you carte Blanche to make crude jokes at the expense of someone’s livelihood and that upsets me ( disclaimer, I too am an out lesbian, please do not try to triangulate me).
I am so sorry, I was also crude about the slogan. I didn't think about the reality behind the campaign and that was disgustingly ignorant of me. I can see now how trivialising this issue is gross and I am genuinely sorry.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Just a quick message to reassure people that I'm ok. I was, and still am, amazed at the support shown on this forum for someone that you have never met. I am truly appreciative of your kind words.

JM antics had got to me little (well a lot if I am honest), something I shouldn't let happen. I have dealt with bigger issues than a ridiculous self absorbed narcissist. Why she triggers something in me I do not know. The flippant way she threw around her alleged abuse did trigger something in me though. She only ever talks about her abuse, her illness, her woes, it is always about her. She purports to be an activist, a champion for the poor, the abused, etc, etc etc. But she only ever highlights these problems by the way they affect her, she is never empathetic.

To this day the first time the man r***d me (it carried on for a couple of years) I recall every second, the clothes he wore, the colour of the wallpaper, the aftershave he used, the pattern of the carpet, the book that was on the floor, his hair, his breath. She brought all that back to my mind at a time I could least deal with it.

The way I used my experience to positive effect was to become a supporter and volunteer at a local charity that helps male abuse victims, an area that is sadly poorly catered for. This poor provision is undoubtedly a factor in why there are so many young male s******s. The way she uses her experiences is to wallow in self pity and make every controversial issue about her.

I have only skim read the past couple of threads, though have come to realise a few things about JM and life in general. Not all people get the comeuppance they deserve. Undeserving people often prosper in life, and getting upset about that fact harms me not them.

JM may well limp along in her sad little world braying to her pack of loyal hounds. What I comfort myself with is that what she is doing is not making her happy. Indeed it seems to be fuelling her unhappiness. It might seem cruel of me to revel in her unhappiness, but I will try to explain why later. I am still getting my thoughts together. I know what I want to say, but can't quite get my sentences together yet.

I will keep reading in the meantime, and will contribute when I have reflected a little more.

Thank you all again. You may be a cabal, canal, or a coven, but what you definitely are, is a group of amazing supportive people that understand how words affect others.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 109
Morning Hausfrauen. An earlier comment got me thinking, has JM ever apologised without bringing in one of her many ailments as an excuse? "I apologised, I was an alcoholic/ADHD/ouchymouth etc"?

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.