Jack Monroe #42

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For triangulation purposes, I suppose it could be said my head is on the large side (the dainty pixie type I am NOT!), my face is usually oval but has become decidedly rounder during lockdown and with working from home with easy access to the fridge (not Smeg and no sweaty pistachios). Hair VERY dark and VERY thick and somewhat frizzy unless I beat it into submission, skin white with olive tones (no Jack this does not make me black) and my favourite scent has always been and forever will be White Musk. Crush is Idris Elba, a more slightly unusual one I suppose you could say I had since I was quite young was Alan Rickman and I've a very soft spot also for Jack Black 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 22
2AB4AB38-99C1-4A78-A404-1B5E757E33B3.jpeg
I’m trying to think of a public figure whose perceived behaviour is so completely different to their actual behaviour and i’m stumped.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Morning Hausfrauen. An earlier comment got me thinking, has JM ever apologised without bringing in one of her many ailments as an excuse? "I apologised, I was an alcoholic/ADHD/ouchymouth etc"?
Don't think so. It means people have to be sorry for her. Again. If anyone has the sense to reply 'so what - you were a dick' - her followers can pounce on them and tell them how mean they are and that Jack is TRYING, ALRIGHT?
It is the perfect way for her never really to accept responsibility for her actions.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
@MancBee I, for one, think you are bleeping amazing. Having the courage to speak up about what you went through is something I've never been able to, probably never will.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Worst smell we ever had was a bit of Christmas ham, which had fallen down the back of the stove. It took three days to find it. My mum runs the school canteen, and one time, one of the big freezers accidentally got turned off by the cleaners over the long holidays. The school had to buy another freezer, nothing would get the rotten stench out. So gross

• Sick
Reactions: 18
I have always been confused by her complete lack of gratefulness. She has been on the bones of her arse and bounced back to having some sort of work and alittle bit of money so she can live.

She has a lovely house, food in her cupboards and a lovely son that ( adores ) her. She had a partner too.

I live in a rather poor area, ( however myself and my husband or relatively ok money wise) but there is families in my area who have nothing. My eldest son used to go to the local school and some of the children there were so poor they got given bags from school containing food for their families.

She needs to forget the whole fame game, (very few make it) and focus on herself and her family. She only destroying herself to get her name up in lights for a few years.

I often think of July garland when it comes to famous people and how much fame and being famous destroyed her to the point she died pretty much penniless. After reading about her I decided I wouldn't wish fame on my worst enemy. She would be much better off (mentally) getting a job in a real kitchen

Reactions: 22
Morning fraus!

It’s really bad, I don’t have a crush, but there’s been a few times I’ve seen him on TV and been like... is it bad I think he’s quite fit?! I’m pretty sure he is old enough to be my dad 🤮
Well look. If we're talking about weird crushes on older men, I take your Keir Starmer and raise you Alastair Campbell.

Yes, that one.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
@MancBee I know exactly what you mean about Jack being so triggering and not being sure why. I've found myself absolutely shaking with rage/upset/frustration with her on several occasions and it bothers me that she gets under my skin so easily when usually I am pretty laid back. I think you're so incredibly brave and inspirational, take all the time you need, we'll be here for you whenever you're ready to join in again xx

• Heart

I have only skim read the past couple of threads, though have come to realise a few things about JM and life in general. Not all people get the comeuppance they deserve. Undeserving people often prosper in life, and getting upset about that fact harms me not them.
glad you are ok and thank you for sharing ❤ Love this quote in particular, I frequently get upset about the injustice of the seeming lack of karma in this world but you are so right, getting upset about it only harms me

• Heart
Reactions: 17
So she lives in Thorpe Bay now. I wonder if it is by the Yacht Club?

Yes! Thorpe Bay was known as the Nouveau Riche part of town, Leigh and Chalkwell being the posh parts when I was growing up. I wonder if her shabby part is near the Yacht Club?
Probably best not to speculate. Last time someone mentioned, in passing, that if her address was known it would be possible to check if it was really rented, she went off on one, claiming people were trying to find out where she lived.

She seems to be encouraging this by dropping hints so she can be triangulated. So she can claim the coven are harassing her.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
@MancBee thanks for checking in xx

Now, every time I read Fraus describing their face shape (triangulation purposes only, m’lud), I imagine you all coming forward in this manner, with your own disco beat theme tune...

I am....a...SHAPE

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Morning Hausfrauen. An earlier comment got me thinking, has JM ever apologised without bringing in one of her many ailments as an excuse? "I apologised, I was an alcoholic/ADHD/ouchymouth etc"?

ê
I doubt it they are never apologies just massive justifications, using, as you have said, whatever ailment suits at the time. Repulsive behaviour.

Reactions: 13
My Grandma did actually pass away during lockdown, We as a family couldnt sit with her in hospital while she was there or be with her when she passed, she was on her own which I will feel guilty about for forever and I couldnt go to her funeral.

So duck off with this tweet Jack, I wouldnt mind so much if she actually said it because she genuinely cared and was bothered, but she doesn't, she just wanted a jazzy soundbite and a chance to get her name in the paper again so yeah duck right off Jack.
I'm so sorry to read this. I have a friend in a similar situation. It's heartbreaking.

However, Jackie, as per usual, totally misses the point. When people weren't allowed to go to funerals, there was a very valid reason for this, i.e. we were in the middle of a pandemic. We now need to navigate our way out of this. I don't rate how the government has handled this crisis in the slightest, and I personally think opening the pubs is idiotic, but this package to stimulate the restaurant industry has nothing to do with people not being able to attend funerals in April and May.

@MancBee ❤ to you. You speak meaningfully and bravely and I'm so impressed by you taking your experiences and using them to help others. I'm silent about mine, in the world as it were, and I think your way is wonderful. Take care of yourself. I think JM is so triggering because she so lightly uses hers as a defence and a shield against censure and there's something horrible in that that's really hard to articulate. I think it's the casualness of it, which could be because she has refused to process things and accept the depth to which they affect her, or because of more, umm, unpleasant reasons. Either way, it feels dismissive, both of her own experience and other people's. Words do have power and someone who uses them to earn a living really ought to be more careful about how they wield them. x

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.