Jack Monroe #42

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Probably best not to speculate. Last time someone mentioned, in passing, that if her address was known it would be possible to check if it was really rented, she went off on one, claiming people were trying to find out where she lived.

She seems to be encouraging this by dropping hints so she can be triangulated. So she can claim the coven are harassing her.
She is encouraging this obliquely - I mean, she has tweeted in the past about bus directions from one area (i.e. where she lives) to another. So it's not that hard to know what part she lives in. And she has also said what area her son goes to school in. So she's hardly Mx Secretive!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Oven recommendation - get a Zanussi with the pyolitic self-cleaning function, they're amazing! If they're getting a bit grubby you just remove the shelves, unhook the metal slots from the side, switch it onto the cleaning setting and 90 minutes later there's a small pile of ash to wipe out of the bottom of a sparkling clean oven. Magic.
The element in my oven died yesterday, 10 days after the guarantee ran out when it was replaced last year 🙄 (and that was 14 months after it was replaced the time before 🙄🙄). Do self cleaning ovens smell bad/burny when you use that function? Thank you!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
@MancBee thanks for checking in xx

Now, every time I read Fraus describing their face shape (triangulation purposes only, m’lud), I imagine you all coming forward in this manner, with your own disco beat theme tune...

I am....a...SHAPE

@Raker that took me back, my children used to be obsessed by that song/video!! Again, again, again they used to shout for me to replay it 🟡🔺🟩🔹

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Well look. If we're talking about weird crushes on older men, I take your Keir Starmer and raise you Alastair Campbell.

Yes, that one.
Same, babe. x

Now, every time I read Fraus describing their face shape (triangulation purposes only, m’lud), I imagine you all coming forward in this manner, with your own disco beat theme tune...

I am....a...SHAPE

Hah, thanks for that earworm. My daughter was obsessed with this song as a toddler. I liked the circle best. Presumably out of sympathy for its moon-face qualities.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Just a quick message to reassure people that I'm ok. I was, and still am, amazed at the support shown on this forum for someone that you have never met. I am truly appreciative of your kind words.

JM antics had got to me little (well a lot if I am honest), something I shouldn't let happen. I have dealt with bigger issues than a ridiculous self absorbed narcissist. Why she triggers something in me I do not know. The flippant way she threw around her alleged abuse did trigger something in me though. She only ever talks about her abuse, her illness, her woes, it is always about her. She purports to be an activist, a champion for the poor, the abused, etc, etc etc. But she only ever highlights these problems by the way they affect her, she is never empathetic.

To this day the first time the man r***d me (it carried on for a couple of years) I recall every second, the clothes he wore, the colour of the wallpaper, the aftershave he used, the pattern of the carpet, the book that was on the floor, his hair, his breath. She brought all that back to my mind at a time I could least deal with it.

The way I used my experience to positive effect was to become a supporter and volunteer at a local charity that helps male abuse victims, an area that is sadly poorly catered for. This poor provision is undoubtedly a factor in why there are so many young male s******s. The way she uses her experiences is to wallow in self pity and make every controversial issue about her.

I have only skim read the past couple of threads, though have come to realise a few things about JM and life in general. Not all people get the comeuppance they deserve. Undeserving people often prosper in life, and getting upset about that fact harms me not them.

JM may well limp along in her sad little world braying to her pack of loyal hounds. What I comfort myself with is that what she is doing is not making her happy. Indeed it seems to be fuelling her unhappiness. It might seem cruel of me to revel in her unhappiness, but I will try to explain why later. I am still getting my thoughts together. I know what I want to say, but can't quite get my sentences together yet.

I will keep reading in the meantime, and will contribute when I have reflected a little more.

Thank you all again. You may be a cabal, canal, or a coven, but what you definitely are, is a group of amazing supportive people that understand how words affect others.
@MancBee, much love. I think it's not unusual for people who have experienced what we have to be quite empathetic. I know what triggers me in her - it's her claimed victimhood yet complete lack of empathy or interest in others. It makes me want to scream! How could you have had all those experiences and not care about what other people are going through? Remember that recent tweet where one of her followers poured her heart out about how homeschooling was so tough and she couldn't cope and all Jackie said was 'babe -same'. (I'm paraphrasing, but you all know what I mean).

I may be projecting, and if I am, please accept my apologies. You strike me as someone who 'feels' a lot. This probably makes you a wonderful person in real life, but you need to also look after yourself (and by the sounds of it you already know how to do this, though we all stumble ocassionally). My therapist helped me with this a lot by getting me to visualise a large, lovely bubble. I can put myself in that bubble, I can hear and see everything, and everyone can hear and see me, but 'stuff' just can't get to me that much. A bit of a shield if you will. I have to say, that bubble has helped me so much over the years. To be clear, I'm not permanently floating around like Dumbo after his bath, but when it's needed, I can remove myself a bit whilst still being present, if that makes sense.

Anyway, take your time, do what you need to do, the canal is ready for you to jump back in when you are.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Probably best not to speculate. Last time someone mentioned, in passing, that if her address was known it would be possible to check if it was really rented, she went off on one, claiming people were trying to find out where she lived.

She seems to be encouraging this by dropping hints so she can be triangulated. So she can claim the coven are harassing her.
Thanks for the heads up. 'Tis hard not to speculate when someone talks about shabby parts of pokey villages you did not know existed in your home town! 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Her poor parents must have been mortified if they’d kept offering to help and she kept saying ‘No, I’m fine’ and then they saw her in the paper saying she’d had to sell everything to feed her son. I have a ‘challenging’ adult child and it’s very hard.
This is the thing, for me. Does she not see how what she does and says, (this week being a prime example) affects other people? Her family primarily. It must cause so much stress and anxiety. She seems to only look inwards, Its sad really.

Reactions: 17
Love to you @MancBee, and I think you make a very good point. As much as we are all people from all walks of life and backgrounds and experiences (and I LOVE that about here), I think we all have a deep sense of justice - or INjustice, as Jack would call it :rolleyes: . The fact that Jack is so clearly a charlatan who makes a living out of lying and cheating people offends us to the core, but it's unclear if she'll ever get her comeuppance because she's seemingly very good at pulling the wool over people's eyes. It's bloody INFURIATING, but it's also the reason why we're all here and are able to tap into such a strong and supportive network. I guess what I'm trying to say is that *this* is Jack's comeuppance in a way; she's managed - despite all her lies and tantrums and gnashing of teeth - to produce a genuinely lovely, hilarious and empathetic place in this cabal, and I thank her for it.

She's also a massive raging bleep.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
This is the thing, for me. Does she not see how what she does and says, (this week being a prime example) affects other people? Her family primarily. It must cause so much stress and anxiety. She seems to only look inwards, Its sad really.
I know for one thing my mum would not be so understanding of I was painting her in the light.

Reactions: 20
@MancBee I, for one, think you are bleeping amazing. Having the courage to speak up about what you went through is something I've never been able to, probably never will.
I don't want to overstep, but if you have never disclosed to anyone, please consider doing it. It honestly changed/saved my life when after 25 years I finally told someone. A lot of the fears I had (rejections, prying, wanting sordid details, gossiping about me) never happened. I can't tell my family, but I have told several close friends and my husband now (therapy, all down to therapy) and my life is so much better.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Just adding my support to the Keir fangirls. Although I saw him outside my office once and he was shorter than I’d imagined.

Also, Pocahontas, yessss to the Peter Mullan love. I’ll get behind you in the queue. Something about a gruff older Scottish man just really does it for me. It also made me laugh that you put 64-year-old Mel Gibson in the younger man category 😂
Is he just shorter than you imagined or actually short? I know this is bad and sorry KS but short is a no go!

GL’d to the end!

couple of things

1. Can’t unsee the Kier Starmer/Toy Story Woody now, thanks for that
2. So sorry for all your stalker troubles, sounds horrendous — and worryingly prevalent
3. Accent still 99% Belfast (yeeow) even after 20 years in the south west— just slowed down a bit as no one could understand me at that speed 🙄
4. For further triangulation purposes, oval and currently Bal d’Afrique (via perfume parlour not byredo, as even if I could ever afford it, there is no planet where I could justify £180/bottle— PP fabulous invocation for £4.99. How much is Penhaligons 🤔?)
I ❤ perfume though, “fave” changes regularly ....
5. Has anyone seen @MancBee — hope he’s alright after JM’s toxic triggering the other day 😡

Apologies , I’ve lol’d hard at this, distracting from the lovely thoughtfulness of the first paragraph, which I obviously agree with 😳
I think that both him and Gove look a bit like the plasticine characters of Wallace and Gromit...? Gove looks very doughy especially. But they both have that stop motion animation vibe.

Also hoping @MancBee is okay ❤ And everyone else triggered by the god awful JM.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Are you being facetious? By the yacht club is the biggest house's? The only bit i can think of is the roads to the north of the station but they are bungalows, still posh 🙄🙄

It annoys me. If she really is a wc hero then shes one that's made it out and socially progressed, so why not shout about that, inspire others to progress
'Some' people do refer to Thorpe Bay Village, usually for the part by the station. But none of TB is shabby.

Reactions: 8
She is encouraging this obliquely - I mean, she has tweeted in the past about bus directions from one area (i.e. where she lives) to another. So it's not that hard to know what part she lives in.
In a town with a serious County Lines problem, and tower blocks and surrounding areas with weekly shootings, stabbings etc, she has lived in two of the best areas. She used to bang on about the awfulness of her home in Leigh....amazing sea views and the one of the most sought after post codes from Shoebury to Hadleigh. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 17
Sending much love and support your way @MancBee. Please take care of yourself - that's the most important thing x

• Heart
Reactions: 11
@MancBee thanks for checking in xx

I am....a...SHAPE

I never knew I was so interested in face shapes before! FYI I'm a definite oval head

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I think that both him and Gove look a bit like the plasticine characters of Wallace and Gromit...? Gove looks very doughy especially. But they both have that stop motion animation vibe.
I always think Gove looks like he has a wet mouth, and like he spits when he talks 💦

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Morning fraus!

Well look. If we're talking about weird crushes on older men, I take your Keir Starmer and raise you Alastair Campbell.

Yes, that one.
Omg I don’t disagree with that either you know! I’ve loved how he’s been during covid too so he’s an ethical crush too? He’s probably grandfather age though so too rogue for me 🤭

With all this chat of hotties JM is gonna have to up her game for our attention, I’m imagining some all fours only fans action on a sideboard, elevating her awful grey athleisure two piece to a grey one piece like ms trunchball used to have. Pose will be a shocker too, all fours maybe like a cat?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
Omg I don’t disagree with that either you know! I’ve loved how he’s been during covid too so he’s an ethical crush too? He’s probably grandfather age though so too rogue for me 🤭

With all this chat of hotties JM is gonna have to up her game for our attention, I’m imagining some all fours only fans action on a sideboard, elevating her awful grey athleisure two piece to a grey one piece like ms trunchball used to have. Pose will be a shocker too, all fours maybe like a cat?
Don’t tempt her, doooooooon’t goad her! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.