Jack Monroe #42

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As much as I detest Walliams, Monroe doesn't half come across as a screwed up, nasty piece of work. I really admied how she took down Katie Hopkins but I think it must have given her too big of an ego boost because Monroe has been insufferable constantly going after people. I would be fearful if I ever got in her path. She has way too much power.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
On the older gentleman spectrum, I think Peter Mullan is a handsome rogue. He usually plays unhinged characters but he has charisma. And he played a really gorgeous character in ‘Mum’. Love his accent.
On the younger spectrum (not that he’s young now, plus all kinds of wrong) but Mel Gibson in The Year of Living Dangerously.
MEL GIBSON 😂

9DC282D7-B49D-4189-A41B-ECC331CF4B96.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
As much as I detest Walliams, Monroe doesn't half come across as a screwed up, nasty piece of work. I really admied how she took down Katie Hopkins but I think it must have given her too big of an ego boost because Monroe has been insufferable constantly going after people. I would be fearful if I ever got in her path. She has way too much power.
She really shouldn’t have won that case to be honest.

I think Katie Hopkins lost purely because she was Katie Hopkins. She was stupid and stubborn for not apologising, but she did delete the tweet. It was her second tweet afterwards comparing Jack Monroe to some other wokester that Jack successfully sued for, and I really can’t see what is sue-worthy about it. It was rude and that’s it.

This isn’t a defence of KH, I just think the victory was absurd and it’s gone to JM’s head.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Oven recommendation - get a Zanussi with the pyolitic self-cleaning function, they're amazing! If they're getting a bit grubby you just remove the shelves, unhook the metal slots from the side, switch it onto the cleaning setting and 90 minutes later there's a small pile of ash to wipe out of the bottom of a sparkling clean oven. Magic.

@Switchstreetz - you are not alone in the Macron love :) but I think we'll have to fight Justin Trudeau for him.

trudeau-paris-20190607.jpg

I also get read as posh, though am very middle class. I did go to school with an actual princess though.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
To be fair my username is a bit of a giveaway. I don’t live in Motherwell but it’s the nearest town to me that non Scots know.

When I say where I’m from it’s like where?

So Motherwell it is.
I used to live in Hamilton a while back which is in the general area (Not a fellow Scot but lived there for a few years)...

I know what you mean by the where? My stock explanation of where I am from is "you know where Wales is? Well The lump that juts out the opposite side of the map on the east of England it there!"

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 05.26.40.png

But working class top trumps is Jack's favourite game!

Even evidenced in her reply - 'the shabbier bit'... She just can't help herself can she?!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
View attachment 176399All of the jokes were made literally 10 hours ago. urgh she’s annoying me tonight.
Sympathy waning. I wrote a really long post about how angry I was about this. Read it to Mrs Tunnel, who at, 5.30am was not best pleased with me and told me to delete it.
She cannot make fun of a campaign to help an industry off its knees if she is a poverty campaigner, regardless of whether she is an “out lesbian” or not. Being gay in this regard does not give you carte Blanche to make crude jokes at the expense of someone’s livelihood and that upsets me ( disclaimer, I too am an out lesbian, please do not try to triangulate me).

• Heart
Reactions: 40
View attachment 176530
But working class top trumps is Jack's favourite game!

Even evidenced in her reply - 'the shabbier bit'... She just can't help herself can she?!
If Jack had married Allegra and was living in some Notting Hill mews getting her weekly Wholefoods shop delivered we’d still have to hear all this bollocks. Nothing will ever be enough for her, she’s incapable of being honest or happy.

Speaking of which I wonder when she’ll take over the family empire? Will we get to see landlord Jack have a meltdown over simple work tasks like we see author Jack whinging about the Royal Mail losing 40% of everything she puts out? Maybe she’ll re don her pseudoname Jackie to hide her portfolio from the general public so she can still shell her poverty narrative for a few extra quid 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I mind the first Christmas I came home after moving south, my mum and I were standing outside Littlewoods in Union Street, waiting to cross the road, when I heard an auld fairmer chiel talking about Bridge O Doooooown and I thought, I'm home! Apparently you only hear it when i mention my daaad or occasionally my baaag. :LOL:
Love it!! This came up on my FB memories today, strangely enough
A160527C-8224-42D6-8CC0-D94FFB40BCAD.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I am too innocent to go onto the hunks of parliament thread, I haven’t recovered from the wooden spoon spankings from DKL I can’t be exposed to thoughts of Tory penises
Really didn’t expect to be thinking about Tory penises first thing this morning.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Anyone else getting weird adverts at the moment? I googled “tekning” and have discovered that it is Swedish for faceoff, like in ice hockey, but am still none the wiser. I was getting adverts for mature ladies earlier so not sure if this is an improvement, and what sort of aura I’m giving off to have attracted these? Maybe Novak is into this stuff?

View attachment 176452
Vlad just wants to make sure you see his output. He's quite proud of it, you know.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Really didn’t expect to be thinking about Tory penises first thing this morning.

I was watching the news with my Grandmother last night and Rishi Sunak was on.

Her: Oh, he’s such a handsome man Isn’t he? Look at his lovely hair!
Me: Yes, but he’s a Tory.
Her (crestfallen): Oh, that’s a shame. What a waste :(

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
As she said herself (smell-wise)

"How many bottles of Penhaligon’s do you own? - Two. English Fern that I bought myself, Blenheim Bouquet that was a gift. Oh, I got some free samples off their website a while ago for answering a perfume quiz, so tiny tiny bottles of Endymion, 1884 and Blasted Heath as well I think."

• Haha
Reactions: 15
One of her recipes I've seen was corned beef bolognese, using 2 tins of corned beef which is either the same price as, or more expensive than, minced beef, Where's the logic?
I think some of her rather wild concoctions are using what you're likely to get from a food bank rather than just the cheapest ingredient.

I'm defending Jackie. Please send help.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Just adding my support to the Keir fangirls. Although I saw him outside my office once and he was shorter than I’d imagined.

Also, Pocahontas, yessss to the Peter Mullan love. I’ll get behind you in the queue. Something about a gruff older Scottish man just really does it for me. It also made me laugh that you put 64-year-old Mel Gibson in the younger man category 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Yep, he's old enough to be my Dad too 🤢 He's got something about him. 😅
I agree there’s something about him in spite of his face being massive. He has that successful older man confidence vibe that is attractive even when in reality they are slightly flabby under their suit and have bad breath (not KS specific your honour)

on the subject of ridiculous bullying at school. There were a couple of girls who made my life hell by constantly picking on how short and flat chested and skinny I was. This was when I was around 13 and it took til I was about 30 before it occurred to me that these girls were on the larger size and probably just a bit envious.
Also, because of my olive toned Hungarian skin, I often got called ‘diddakoi’ at school. At the time we were reading the diddakoi by rumer godden and I looked vaguely like the girl on the front and wore gold hoop earrings which added to my gypsy looking vibe I think

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.