Jack Monroe #42

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She said she has cctv all over the bungalow to protect her against her stalker, yet slept in a tent in the garden.
Massive hugs and love to all of you who are victims of stalking. I'm still battling on here (getting a case together to make it stop) and it's getting me down so much.
Chin up. It’s awful.

Some stuff happened to me that I won’t speak publicly about. Yet.

But the last 9 months have been awful. I ended up on sleeping medication. I had to give up work for a bit. It affects your whole life. As you know.

The gang I crossed tend to pick on single women. I live alone.

The hardest part for me has been keeping it secret from my brother. We are close and he would worry.

I didn’t go out once last year socially apart from with my mum. I couldn’t. Work. Gym. Sleep. That’s all I could cope with.

But before lockdown I went on a few nights out with people who know nothing about it.

It’s been good to feel like me and not me who has been stalked.

I don’t know if I will ever feel like me again but one day I hope to.
Sometimes I forget how far I’ve come because 9 months ago was horrific

Keep battling. You will get there. I’m a big believer in the truth always coming out in the end.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
I’ve had a tipple or two, so forgive my potential offering for next thread title;

Jackie are you ok? Are you ok, Jackie?

• Haha
Reactions: 33
She said she has cctv all over the bungalow to protect her against her stalker, yet slept in a tent in the garden.
Massive hugs and love to all of you who are victims of stalking. I'm still battling on here (getting a case together to make it stop) and it's getting me down so much.
I don't want to go on about it too much but obviously I've spoken briefly here about my stalker trying to kill me. I got a massive amount of help from Paladin Services and would recommend contacting them. My situation was quite different to those already mentioned as the perp was well known to me, but I think Paladin would still be able to support. There is so little actual help, and it can seem like you're so alone with it all.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
Good old Lesdoh accent over here. It's not as pronounced as most but people do get confused by it 🤷🏻‍♀️ Also, my sister is very fair skinned and I'm quite dark in features (hair, eyes, slightly olive-y skin etc) Same mum, same dad. It does happen Jack.
Accent aside - are you me? My poor sister, who is very white white, went through an unfortunate fake tan phase as a teenager after people at work kept commenting on how pale she was. Myself, I've had arguments with people over my ethnicity, with people from that cultural group - 'but you must be' (I am not) Our brother is somewhere in the middle. My aunty is also different coloured to my mum, to the point when she was dating her husband, who is Lebanese, she would get compliments on her English! This was much nicer than the truly awful slurs she'd get at uni, which I won't repeat.

For triangulation purposes, sort of oval, and not sure on scent, but if you can produce some Lynx Java, I'll hand myself over!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I totally would do Kier Starmer though I fear he’d be a bit boring in bed. His face is too big for his features, but wouldn’t he smell lovely?

He can really wear a suit and he has terrific hair. I can’t believe he’s 57, he looks 10 years younger.
But is his skin too big for his hands though

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I reckon she'd just smell of bonjela and some weird concoction she'd made out of lemon (FANCY) household cleaner to save on buying perfume

• Haha
Reactions: 22
One of her recipes I've seen was corned beef bolognese, using 2 tins of corned beef which is either the same price as, or more expensive than, minced beef, Where's the logic?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
bleeping YES. Thank you!
Are these recs for me or my son? Or both ? Apart from the gate to women’s country?
I tbink all but the Gate to Women's Country are appropriate for your son!
Some are YA, some aren't, but they are all amazing imho (I'm 32)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
One of her recipes I've seen was corned beef bolognese, using 2 tins of corned beef which is either the same price as, or more expensive than, minced beef, Where's the logic?
There is none, she's just assuming poor people eat corned beef and not mince, oh the irony

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I love this Tattle book club! I've been making notes. My eldest is quite advanced for her age and has just finished the 4 Hunger Games books. I've had a few raised eyebrows over it (she's 8) but I can't exactly force her to read Rainbow Magic or whatever. Anyway, I read whatever I wanted when I was a kid and it's not like I'm going around lusting after old politicians and almost shagging comedians round by the bins ffs.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
I think eu de Jackie has a flavour profile akin to purest grated spam, with notes of ‘Nduja and mayonnaise. Just bung it on and you’ll magically become a working class hero

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.