Jack Monroe #42

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I tbink all but the Gate to Women's Country are appropriate for your son!
Some are YA, some aren't, but they are all amazing imho (I'm 32)
Nice one, thank you again.

(you most probably have already read these if post apoc / dystopia is your jam, some are mainstream, but):

Death of Grass by John Christopher
On the Beach by Neville Schute
Day of the Triffids by John Wyndham
The End of the world running club by Adrian J. Walker
Station Eleven by Emily St John Mandel
The Road by Cormac McCarthy
The Power by Naomi Alderton
Under the Skin by Michel Faber
The Passage by Justin Cronin
(Like I say, you’ve prob already read / heard of, but I thought they were all excellent)

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I hate the smell of raw potatoes.

Someone microwaving a potato can make me vomit.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Nice one, thank you again.

(you most probably have already read these if post apoc / dystopia is your jam, some are mainstream, but):

Death of Grass by John Christopher
On the Beach by Neville Schute
Day of the Triffids by John Wyndham
The End of the world running club by Adrian J. Walker
Station Eleven by Emily St John Mandel
The Road by Cormac McCarthy
The Power by Naomi Alderton
Under the Skin by Michel Faber
The Passage by Justin Cronin
(Like I say, you’ve prob already read / heard of, but I thought they were all excellent)
Station Eleven is next on my list!! Well. After I finish this crappy one I got on Kindle Unlimited (it's like Divergent meets a caste system. It's dumb.)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
With the Ian Hislop/ Keir Stramer crushes, I feel like I am in confession.

Since the age of 14, I have had a HUGE crush on Clive Mantle.

For those who don’t know who he is, he played little John in Robin of Sherwood, Mike Barrett in Casualty, a few movies & was Geraldines love interest in Vicar of Dibley. Love how tall he is & his voice.

Met him last year. He is such a lovely man! Such a gentleman, wanted to know about me rather than the questions about him & we chatted for over an hour! We did message on twitter for a while too. He called me darling Lots in the conversation & as we Departed he gave me a HUGE hug & Kiss on the cheek..

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Station Eleven is next on my list!! Well. After I finish this crappy one I got on Kindle Unlimited (it's like Divergent meets a caste system. It's dumb.)
Station Eleven is so good. I loved it. They’re making a tv adap of it (of course)

Ooh I loved the Divergent series.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

For those who don’t know who he is, he played little John in Robin of Sherwood, Mike Barrett in Casualty, a few movies & was Geraldines love interest in Vicar of Dibley. Love how tall he is & his voice.

Met him last year. He is such a lovely man! Such a gentleman, wanted to know about me rather than the questions about him & we chatted for over an hour! We did message on twitter for a while too. He called me darling Lots in the conversation & as we Departed he gave me a HUGE hug & Kiss on the cheek..

Omfg what? Is he single?? This sounds super romantic.

My sister and I used to call him the honey monster, I'm sorry, because he was so tall!! 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Ooooh yes he’s VERY sexy

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
On the older gentleman spectrum, I think Peter Mullan is a handsome rogue. He usually plays unhinged characters but he has charisma. And he played a really gorgeous character in ‘Mum’. Love his accent.
On the younger spectrum (not that he’s young now, plus all kinds of wrong) but Mel Gibson in The Year of Living Dangerously.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Anyway it's around that time of night again, and there is complete silence.
I don't want to go on about it too much but obviously I've spoken briefly here about my stalker trying to kill me. I got a massive amount of help from Paladin Services and would recommend contacting them. My situation was quite different to those already mentioned as the perp was well known to me, but I think Paladin would still be able to support. There is so little actual help, and it can seem like you're so alone with it all.
putting this in a spoiler so it doesn't invade too much, I never knew about this, thank you for letting me know and I'll look into it properly later on today. The police are a little bit useless and unsupportive, telling me to call 999 if I see anyone but then saying it's just a civil matter, which doesn't make sense. All I knew about was the suzy Lamplugh trust but I have been too anxious to call their helpline. I fear I'll just start crying and not stop. Anyway on the scale of us being stalked and Jack sleeping in the back garden, there's a huge difference. But I'm sure she will be reading these posts and hop on that subject again🙄

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
Omfg what? Is he single?? This sounds super romantic.

My sister and I used to call him the honey monster, I'm sorry, because he was so tall!! 😂😂
That is such a great name!
Sadly, I found out he is not single, & was sad to hear his current wife was someone he had an affair with whilst still married to his 1st wife. He’s lovely to fans etc, but sadly not faithful. Was still lovely to meet him though.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
I've loved reading all the conversation about accents today!

I've been told I sound like Hermione Granger 😬 I definitely notice my accent changes slightly depending on who I'm with though.

*Scribbles frantically in notebook*

Keep it coming, kids. Between your face shapes and your fave perfumes of the 90s, I'll be on your doorsteps in minutes.
Oval. Peach Melba by Barry M.

See you in a jiffy (bag marked 'SACRED, HALLOWED, PRECIOUS').

ETA: Just noticed I'm now a 'Chatty Member'! Vlad - I'm open to Bitcoin or Ethereum.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.