Jack Monroe #42

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The fragrance chat has me wondering what Ian Hislop smells like. Bet he’s lovely and crisp smelling, with just a hint of something mossy. Like a fresh autumn evening personified.
I always imagine him smelling like a new book.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Good old Lesdoh accent over here. It's not as pronounced as most but people do get confused by it 🤷🏻‍♀️ Also, my sister is very fair skinned and I'm quite dark in features (hair, eyes, slightly olive-y skin etc) Same mum, same dad. It does happen Jack.

Reactions: 13
It stays with you. I always knew I was unplanned, I always knew mum really didn't want me, so I turned to my nan who lived with us, I adored her. It was only years later that mum admitted trying to get rid of me my drinking gin in a scalding hot bath. It hurt, but it confirmed what I already felt.
Same I was incredibly close to my grandparents on my mums side. My mum told me on numerous occasions she wished I'd never been born at all and then disowned me completely at the age of 15. Not seen or heard from her since. Like you she didn't need to tell me, I already knew how she felt all through my childhood. It's a funny old life isn't it.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
As his official train buddy™️ I can confirm that he never smelt of anything strong enough to pierce through the general funk of a train carriage.
I bet Dave Gahan smells of dirty sexy musk and Kevin Bridges smells of the weird sandalwood body shop cologne I bought my ex in the 1980s.

Both are my future husbands so I’ll find out one day anyway 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
She’s trying to be funny but aside from everything else problematic about this... this is actually how she is?
How can she jokily one-up these people when she does this non-ironically all the bleeping time?

I mean maybe it is amusing when a normal person says “you were lucky to even have a bowl lol” but this is Jack Monroe, Patron Saint of Exaggerations and Playing the Biggest Victim to Have Ever Been Victimised

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Which is odd because she asked Shivi on DKL if she’d ever made Peanut Butter and then said she’s never made it herself...
Ah, I’m feeling nice; I’m gonna give her this one, I don’t know what she made in that picture but it was not peanut butter 🤢.
However! I’m sure I also recall on DKL her trying to claim that she invented marmite peanut butter...which was obviously bullshit but I assumed she meant she made peanut butter and added marmite, not that she cracked open a jar of sunpat and added it

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Some of these personal accounts are so sad and you're amazing for sharing them here. I cannot imagine how difficult growing up for some of you was and I hope you have some peace from it now.

I was bullied too, got called all sorts at school. It really stays with you doesn't it 😕

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
She’s trying to be funny but aside from everything else problematic about this... this is actually how she is?
How can she jokily one-up these people when she does this non-ironically all the bleeping time?

I mean maybe it is amusing when a normal person says “you were lucky to even have a bowl lol” but this is Jack Monroe, Patron Saint of Exaggerations and Playing the Biggest Victim to Have Ever Been Victimised
Novak Nail on head, there.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’ve been looking at new ovens. Big range in price!
Last oven we got we went by features rather than price. So ceramic hob, fan oven, top oven grill, electric as we don't have gas, same width as the previous oven. I honestly can't remember what we paid for it £500ish about six years ago may be? So if it lasts ten years it works out about £1 per week of use.

I think the separate hobs and ovens are fashionable now, but I really couldn't be arsed.

Reactions: 7
I bet Dave Gahan smells of dirty sexy musk and Kevin Bridges smells of the weird sandalwood body shop cologne I bought my ex in the 1980s.

Both are my future husbands so I’ll find out one day anyway 🤣
KB did smell good, but I feel like he had put a sex spell on me so 🤷🏻‍♀️ It was a pretty standard bloke in his 20s smell and he had been quite heavy handed with it, but I think it was probably along the lines of Hugo Boss type.

Will you marry both at the same time?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Dragging it back off topic again. This is number 3 of my future husbands but they don’t know it yet. He plays for Motherwell F.C. and Northern Ireland

He’s called Trevor Carson. The only man alive that makes the name Trevor sound sexy.

Edited for GrunkaLunka

I have a slight dilemma. His name is Trevor 🤣

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.