Jack Monroe #42

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm from a middle-class background and went to private school, but one in a part of South London not known for its poshness. I code-switch like mad and it's not even vaguely deliberate, but I roam up and down the scale of accents like Paul Young looking for somewhere to hang his hat,. I think my 'normal' accent - the one I use with my partner (though he's privately educated at a very posh school so tends to drag me upwards), my close friends and my family, is very similar to Jack's.

I’m the same @Flumps. I also pick up other people’s accents so move to French constructions & accent etc when I’m talking to French people.

My parents sent me to elocution lessons when I was little so I’d learn to speak posh 😅.

Reactions: 11
1. Turn up 5 mins late
2. Forget at least 2 ingredients and 1 utensil
3. CREEPY EYE
4. Talk over the guests
5. Talk about how crap you are

I've loved reading your triangulation coordinates Dear Hearts. I for one rinsed Davidoff Cool Water as a junior frau and have a big nose, thin hair (almost as thin as the Rat Tale), but really nice cheekbones if I say so myself.

Absolutely creased at the Ian Bishop comments. I loved Neighbours growing up. Susan and Karl are my adopted parents (in my head).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Absolutely creased at the Ian Bishop comments. I loved Neighbours growing up. Susan and Karl are my adopted parents (in my head).
I only watched Neighbours for a few brief months back in the day, but my abiding memory is of Susan slipping over on some spilled milk and suffering full blown amnesia.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
A3775F5A-6939-444B-81D4-FBA0C4F19FED.jpeg

Well she’s full of the joys of spring tonight, isn’t she? The people still cross with DW must be very confused.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I only watched Neighbours for a few brief months back in the day, but my abiding memory is of Susan slipping over on some spilled milk and suffering full blown amnesia.
That was such a dramatic storyline! I think she thought she was 16 years old and woke up horrified to be married to a 45 year old 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I’d wager Hislop has a tang of the Old Spice about him, myself.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.