Jack Monroe #417 Hard to play the victim when you’ve ripped people off.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This has tickled me almost to the point of hysteria Thread Title nomination for We need a mole in the Shoeburyness Asda please.
Haha, it could attract one. Then again, it could attract some squigs. ‘Jack, Jack, rumours of a rodent in aisle 3 Asda shoeburyness-what do you advise?’

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I am a bit dumb with this. So will Jack be buying these bots? Is it expensive to do this? Surely twitter must be aware of this, though why would they care I guess.
They don't care, no reason to fix it- Elon tried to cancel his purchase agreement due to excessive proportion of bots but he's lost that in court and the sale will proceed.

Could be Jack or her agent or maybe even a well-meaning squig. Anyone can buy bots for anyone else, so it could be anyone with a vested interest in maintaining the facade (until book release in January?), as a decline in followers is a strong signal that everyone can and will see.
Twitter tends to 'prune' bots after around 20-30 days so there's still value in buying them as it smooths the figures, Jack's count visibly drops by .1k after several hours or a day, then they buy some and over the next couple of days it really starts visibly climbing (this was a really good example).

In terms of price just had a quick gander, £19 can net you 500 followers, £29 for 1000 and that's for ones with real people names. These must be smartprice followers.
Looks like they're combatting the exodus and they could do this indefinitely as long as they've got the £££

Again this is all theoretical (but based on what people actually do) as @binkbonk said she could indeed be caught in being used as a nominal blue ticker but I don't see it myself. The count dropping and then being maintained or pumped slightly appears to be more congruent with a targeted approach.

I really appreciated the points raised recently as to why it's unlikely she's got the readies for a cash buy, but that whole 'downsize in 6 months time' thing really weedled me. There's definitely a specific reason for that because she brought it up unprompted, but my theory is based on nothing more than the stuff about having the cash in your account for that long to minimise money laundering questions.
I thought the heckin' downsize is because her 2 year fixed tenancy, that LJC landed her with, ends Jan/Feb and she's unlikely to get a renewal as a single pov.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Just looking at her past twitter and laughing, even those that escaped deletion are hilarious.
When she pretended she had been accidently tweeting as her phone was in her handbag in a 12 step meeting 😂😂 she really is a nob isn't she 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 41
i wonder if her CCJ runs out in 6 months. Maybe that’s what the mortgage adviser told her when she went off with her haunted rings on?

• Wow
Reactions: 27
i wonder if her CCJ runs out in 6 months. Maybe that’s what the mortgage adviser told her when she went off with her haunted rings on?
They expire after 6 years.

I mean, it's not even one month's of Patreon income to clear this, I wonder what her reluctance is to get it cleared?

Maybe she sees it as a badge of honour to prove she was "poor" in 2021 despite all the TV gigs and paid partnerships she enjoyed?

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
What remains an absolute mystery to me is what does she actually eat? I know she doesn’t really eat her own slop so what does she eat and how does she shop for it? I need a mole in the Shoeburyness Asda. Imagine if she just gets a HelloFresh box? 🤣
She dines exclusively on the tears of her haterzz and the bitter bile of her flying monkeys. Plus lots of chips (on her shoulder)

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Sorry to be FORENSIC, but this flat is cash purchase only and not a mortgageable property (99% likely this is due to sub 80 year lease), so the price will be below market level and she'd have to stump up in full, as well as the cost (sub 10k) and paperwork (instruct solicitor, which is well in her skill set) of getting the lease extended.

But your actual point is bang on.
Further to your (accurate) point - it’s also not a great location for a woman on her own (crime/safety reasons - that estate has been pretty horrible since the late nineties) PLUS it’s in a block slated for demolition as part of a planned regen programme.

Said regen programme keeps getting delayed/falling through/getting rescued/getting delayed/falling through/getting bailed out - Google Queensway Regeneration Southend if you’re curious - but will almost certainly happen at some point.
It’s kind of a pity because architecturally 🔺 those blocks are very cool, as are most of the original concrete tower blocks across the country. sadly the local council has neglected them and their residents for so long that regen is a plausible option nowadays despite being very expensive, compared to just leaving them to rot, which seems to be the only other option the council is prepared to consider.

Mind, there’s a major food bank sited on the estate so maybe if Jack lived there she’d actually be able to do some of that volunteering she’s talked about.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I saw Thomasina Miers promoting a meals in school initiative, headed by THAT MAN, Marcus and Fingers Kerridge. No mention of the smol one being involved behind or in front of the scenes.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
A few threads ago (asda 18.41 day?) we had photos of her massive freezer stocktake. Duck gyozas £4 for a snack starter. I'm not gonna let it go lol.
But that is 344% of her weekly budget just on duck gyozas. You’re right not to let it go. Never let it go. Hold onto the rage and let it fuel you. 😆 Just having a big packed out freezer is such a privilege. Shopping every day/every other day for bare essentials is how most people experiencing food poverty live Jack. Duck gyozas 😤 the little effin tit.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
But that is 344% of her weekly budget just on duck gyozas. You’re right not to let it go. Never let it go. Hold onto the rage and let it fuel you. 😆 Just having a big packed out freezer is such a privilege. Shopping every day/every other day for bare essentials is how most people experiencing food poverty live Jack. Duck gyozas 😤 the little effin tit.
There’s a little under counter fridge in my rental, so the tiny freezer compartment is full of frozen chips and meatballs/chicken nuggets for when the kids are being fussy about food and I just want them to eat SOMETHING (ffs), plus a couple of ice packs for accidents. Literally no room here for duck gyozas - completely agree it’s a privilege to have a proper freezer. I’d even be happy with a normal fridge-freezer but the tiny kitchen corner here just doesn’t work like that. Jack simply has no idea what real life is like for ordinary people just getting by, everything she does and posts just confirms it.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
I still hang my head in shame every time I think about it.

Little OJ has swiped right on me too (repeatedly, which is a little creepy). Thanks to the canal, I now realise that he's (probably) not a murderer - but I have to wonder what on earth is going wrong in my life if that's the sort of person who finds me attractive. Send long, hard look in the mirror-os.
Are you a wealthy, middle-aged, car owner Dear Heart? If so send private message-os, rapido 🥰

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Further to your (accurate) point - it’s also not a great location for a woman on her own (crime/safety reasons - that estate has been pretty horrible since the late nineties)
Too late to edit to add, but just wanted to note there are plenty of women - esp single parents - and solo vulnerable/disabled people living in those blocks. Despite the impact of right to buy, quite a decent proportion of the flats are still social housing, and people who are in need do live there - it’s just that if you had a choice to live there or not like Jack does, you probably wouldn’t. It’s been plagued on and off by cuckooing by London drugs gangs for many years now, I wouldn’t choose to live there as a single mum … I guess my point is that lots of the residents have no choice, and the council hasn’t done much to help improve the estate in terms of quality of life for a long time now.

These are the sorts of households Jack could have been making a difference helping over the last decade if she’d actually got off her ridiculous arse and done meaningful grassroots work - or even used her platform to platform families who wanted to tell their own stories to the world, who wanted to share their experiences to her audience. But nobody cares about them (us, really; I’ve sort-of escaped but my family is still in Southend in a not dissimilar area) enough to do that for them. Nobody in the media cares about actually improving opportunity and connection and meaning for disadvantaged households. And that’s why I loathe the Jacks of the world and their enablers. They pat one another on their backs, they celebrate, and nothing changes.

Edited to add - and it’s why I love That Man and Marcus, Henry Dimbleby, and all the celebs doing good and worthwhile work on food poverty and quality, through using their own platforms to help the general public understand just how bad it is, through high profile lobbying work (Marcus ❤), through joining forces to step in where government both central and local is failing miserably, through feeding into excellent strategy and policy proposals (that sadly aren’t getting taken forward under the band of short-sighted morons we get to call our government, but will be there for more sensible politicians to take forward after the next general election), and through also doing and funding grassroots work themselves. They’re all comfortably off, they don’t have to do a damn thing for other people, but they do it because they know it’s the right thing to do, because they care enough to put their money and efforts where their gobs are. Jack Monroe could never.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.