Jack Monroe #417 Hard to play the victim when you’ve ripped people off.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has she changed her Twitter bio re the VBI? She says “creator or the VBI”, rather than “upcoming” or whatever it was before.
I really wish someone would call her out on the blasted thing. It’s obvious that it’s never going to materialise.

Reactions: 54
Has she changed her Twitter bio re the VBI? She says “creator or the VBI”, rather than “upcoming” or whatever it was before.
I really wish someone would call her out on the blasted thing. It’s obvious that it’s never going to materialise.
She's such an enormous fraud, the latest award infuriated me, however the backlash is growing... Hopefully her grifting days are numbered.

Reactions: 43
Keeping us as regular as Jack’s breakfast-tit-ones-self-on-the-tube-to-work prune smoothie would (sorry I had to)
You said what we were all thinking.

Still makes me laugh remembering that description. Never thought I'd see the day when a recipe comes with a 'you may crap yourself on the tube' warning. Was the editor off sick that day? Maybe they'd tried the prune smoothie or some of Jack's fish in a jar.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
Keeping us as regular as Jack’s breakfast-tit-ones-self-on-the-tube-to-work prune smoothie would (sorry I had to)
Ah dearest Misty, I love that you decorously used the polite term “tit oneself“ rather than the vulgar “tit yourself”. You are a true woman of refinement.
184DD7BC-7900-4EBE-92AF-77473C16675E.gif

Also, I hate to break it to the male Fraus, but Jack has some very specific ideas about ‘l’odeur d'un homme’ in the home which she describes as being
ED09EB20-A597-4918-B231-C1B520C8D824.jpeg
No update on this post deliciously wealthy ordinary Harold, which is a great shame, or Burger Boy, which is a great relief.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 65
I agree. I wish a journalist or interviewer would pin her down to the mechanics of it rather than let her get away with 'it's coming! I promise!'. At the very bleeping least ask her how much longer it will take.
It may seem irrelevant to most but the VBI is what prompted daft Nigella to signpost people towards Jack's Patreon - 'it will enable her to carry on this vital work' VOM. Well it didn't did it.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
I agree. I wish a journalist or interviewer would pin her down to the mechanics of it rather than let her get away with 'it's coming! I promise!'. At the very bleeping least ask her how much longer it will take.
It may seem irrelevant to most but the VBI is what prompted daft Nigella to signpost people towards Jack's Patreon - 'it will enable her to carry on this vital work' VOM. Well it didn't did it.
Agreed. Nobody has ever even asked her about the mechanics of it, how specifically it would be compiled, how it would work, how updated to ensure it remained live etc. it really does feel like there’s this odd level of infantilizing her where she’s not treated as a peer (which let’s face it, she isn’t) but still given a platform to spout her nonsense.

Same way that the Guardian lets her trot out the same article on being scared of bailiffs and the cold and trauma for years on end, she gets head pats for what everyone knows to be abysmal and misleadingly costed ‘recipes’, her publisher enables her with silly tweets such as encouraging her to be petty about her teachers from years ago. “Oh, Jack, at least she tries” with a little pat on the head in the form of a meaningless award, or a new book, or a blue tick rattle on her behalf now and again.

It’s an embarrassment for a 34 year old woman with a now amongst-teenage child to still be treated that way, and it’s even more mortifying for her to have zero awareness whatsoever of the fact that she is treated that way.

• Heart
Reactions: 84

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 102
Hello Gang, woke up thinking about this and have trawled through (grunked?) I don't think it's been shared recently.
When Kate Spade died, Jack tweeted the attached. The Taco Truck is currently sitting at $1,247 AUD on ebay. The black one is 'photo finish', (not a car dial) and is about $350 USD.

TW in the article: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-stories-pictures-Kate-Spade-bag-Twitter.html
She bought herself a Kate Spade bag for every book deal *and* Burberry overcoats for some deals as well?? How much of an effing advance does she get? It's not like she's James Patterson FFS.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 107
She bought herself a Kate Spade bag for every book deal *and* Burberry overcoats for some deals as well?? How much of an effing advance does she get? It's not like she's James Patterson FFS.
Wasn't there also a piece of Viv for every book deal?

It'll be whole bleeping new wardrobe for each book deal at this rate. Beginning to see why she needs so many Cotswolds...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 73
Wasn't there also a piece of Viv for every book deal?

It'll be whole bleeping new wardrobe for each book deal at this rate. Beginning to see why she needs so many Cotswolds...
And why she can’t afford shampoo, shower gel, her rent, or a decent tattooist

ETA I just want to know if she stamped back into Burberry seven years later in 2022 wearing her butter soft Joseph leather leggings, All Saints leather jacket and Russell and Bromley leopard block heeled loafers, her arms loaded down with her Kate Spade handbags, Mulberry, her 3 pairs of Viv (RIP) trousers, two Viv dresses and two Viv blouses, her ugly pigskin Stetson on her head with her Boy baseball hat on top of it, the louboutins and Jimmy choos dangling off her wrists
89C7297E-7D43-46EB-A9DB-6B942B018EB3.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
I just went for a browse on Instagram & saw these. How can she possibly think people will see these & believe that photo where she was claiming to promote body confidence when her waist was a fraction of this? Do people’s ribs just fall off nowadays or their internal organs fluctuate in volume wildly or something? A selection both old & new as I’m not sure when that ridiculously photoshopped one was taken.
Again Jack, make the bullshit about 333% less ridiculously obvious & you might get away with more of the lies, you fool.
Her caption annoys me. What does buying a fire brigade union t-shirt prove about being part of the "fire family"? You can just buy them online with zero connection.

They're quite reasonably priced, so anyone wanting to support the union, you're getting vfm (unlike, I would argue, her teemill stuff 😑)

Reactions: 47
Hello Gang, woke up thinking about this and have trawled through (grunked?) I don't think it's been shared recently.
When Kate Spade died, Jack tweeted the attached. The Taco Truck is currently sitting at $1,247 AUD on ebay. The black one is 'photo finish', (not a car dial) and is about $350 USD.

TW in the article: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-stories-pictures-Kate-Spade-bag-Twitter.html
Genuine question, how big are her advances likely to be? She (allegedly) seems to treat herself to a lot with them, but her sales figures don't seem to quite match up with awarding her anything massive.

Reactions: 43
Bought it with my book advance is simply a variation on found it in a puddle.

I wouldn't worry too much about calculating her advances, the simplest explanation is always that she's lying.

• Heart
Reactions: 87
Bought it with my book advance is simply a variation on found it in a puddle.

I wouldn't worry too much about calculating her advances, the simplest explanation is always that she's lying.
Oh, she's definitely lying, but I am still curious how much she'd get for an advance.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Book advance day sounds bonkers. You have to buy a Kate Spade and a Mulberry Handbag and a viv (RIP).

If only there was a technique to share money out over time rather than spunk it on the day you get it. It could also help with eating properly, getting a house deposit together and avoiding CCJs. If anyone ever invents this they should call it “budgeting”.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 114
Oh, she's definitely lying, but I am still curious how much she'd get for an advance.
I think she said in an online exchange with Matt Haig that she gets the smallest advance of any smol author ever because she's the biggest victim of all victims ever. Or something like that.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 72
Oh to be a writer and to be able to afford a new Burberry coat, a new Kate Spade bag AND a new Cotswold sideboard with every book deal...

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Do we need to start a 'when I hand a book in/when I get an advance I buy one ridiculous thing' list?

Mulberry satchel
Burberry trench coat
a decent pair of boots
butter soft leather leggings
some nice furniture
a good dining table
a Stetson hat
multiple Kate Spade handbags

No wonder she can't get a mortgage.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.