Jack Monroe #416 Food Hero? LMAO, should be in the dock for crimes against pasta.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When times are so hard that even your private members club are worried about you.

And they say nurses have it tough!

If they did phone her (and that's a big 'if', lol), then I'd bet they were chasing debts. Racked up a massive tab and/or didn't pay up her membership fees.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Late to the canal after much lurking but did spot the smol pixie IRL in a members’ club (🔺) in central London on the afternoon of the OFM awards. Wearing a vest (for ease of identification) and scribbling in a notebook. That’s all.
You understand we need all the ☕ now, don't you.😁

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
A litre of vodka is 37.5 units. She would be drinking over five litres of vodka a week to be consuming 200 units
She'd be constantly and obviously incapacitated.
Maybe she was showering in it, to save on the utility bills for hot water.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Who tf is wearing a vest in mid October? Tbf the Groucho must have to keep the thermostat to baking to keep their core clientele alive 👴🏻👴🏻👴🏻

• Haha
Reactions: 47
If they did phone her (and that's a big 'if', lol), then I'd bet they were chasing debts. Racked up a massive tab and/or didn't pay up her membership fees.
And her response was probably "you must have mistaken me for someone else, as the champion of the poors I would never set foot in your elitist establishment."

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Who tf is wearing a vest in mid October? Tbf the Groucho must have to keep the thermostat to baking to keep their core clientele alive 👴🏻👴🏻👴🏻

She worked up a honky sweat on the dance floor, using her alluring moves to snag a rich spouse.

But alone she sat on the sticky floor, trying in vain for someone to do the 'Ooops upside your head' boogie with her.

• Haha
Was trying to find out how much groucho membership cost (£950/year, £250 sign up free and you have to be proposed and seconded by an existing member) and came across an article about how they are trying to attract new members. Perhaps this is the inspiration for Jack's Redcar moment.

Screenshot_20221017-204758.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 53
Hi Jack, will you be renewing your membership? The last payment bounced, you see and we were wondering if there’s any issue?
OMG THE GROUCHO CALLED TO ASK AFTER ME
see also

Hi <NAME>
id like to invite you to this year‘s Labour Party conference. For the many, not the few.
Jeremy Corbyn
OMG J-CORBZ ASKED ME TO MEET HIM

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Hi Jack, will you be renewing your membership? The last payment bounced, you see and we were wondering if there’s any issue?
OMG THE GROUCHO CALLED TO ASK AFTER ME
see also

Hi <NAME>
id like to invite you to this year‘s Labour Party conference. For the many, not the few.
Jeremy Corbyn
OMG J-CORBZ ASKED ME TO MEET HIM

Yeah, but do you remember when Boris LEFT the country like a shaking, shitting dog, rather than go toe to toe with Mx Monroe. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Interesting that here she describes the stans who message her as “sycophants” (or maybe psychopaths?!)
I think that confirms how little respect she has for the very people donating to her Patreon and buying her books. It comes across in all her interactions.

• Heart
  • Sad
Tbf I think the tea spiller meant the 'camisole ' vest top Jack wore under the over sized suit.
Nothing to see here peeps. Just a smol lil pixie writing her acceptance speech destined to be spoken in front of a room full of people that dislike her.
Seriously though, I would pay actual cash money to see video footage of her going up to accept her award that was in no way shape or form fixed for her to win.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Sorry if this has been posted (I'm behind) but seems subtly relevant... on 'thriftifarians'.

' there’s also something distasteful about pretending to suffer when you’re not. '

Did anyone else watch the most recent ep of The Ranganation? They showed a clip of a woman cooking pasta in a kettle. My mind went straight to this thread haha.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Was trying to find out how much groucho membership cost (£950/year, £250 sign up free and you have to be proposed and seconded by an existing member) and came across an article about how they are trying to attract new members. Perhaps this is the inspiration for Jack's Redcar moment.

View attachment 1657955
Jack's Groucho anecdotes are hilarious. But not in a good way.
Also, we discussed this in many threads in early days and I do believe someone triangled her to getting lifetime membership of Groucho through some award or something.
I only mention that because Jack used to be very fond of boasting about popping in and sampling their black linguine and generally just showing off about her membership like some bleeping braying Hooray Henry about how loaded she was.
Then she remembered she was supposed to be poor and stopped mentioning the Groucho.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 70
I only mention that because Jack used to be very fond of boasting about popping in and sampling their black linguine and generally just showing off about her membership like some bleeping braying Hooray Henry about how loaded she was.
So gauche, darling, so middleclass.

Working class kids dream of the Nando's black card not Groucho memberships :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 52

View attachment 1657955
I mean really how many normal 19 year olds can afford to go to the Groucho, or indeed afford the clothes to get past the doorman at the Groucho? (Never been myself but presume the doorman will be checking out your garms before he permits you across the threshold).

Like @MooBelle says she can’t decide whether she wants to be seen as a hooray Henry meeja type or Fantine from Les Miz. And consequently trips herself up at every step.

Reactions: 53
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.