Jack Monroe #416 Food Hero? LMAO, should be in the dock for crimes against pasta.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This was 2 days before the meeting they mentioned in the FOI?
Yep! Your FOI response says they met with her on 28th but she announced that on 26th
823C1043-7F41-4408-9CA6-3367E44BCA66.jpeg

ETA now I’m wondering if they only agreed to meet with her to rein her the duck in a little bit. Or a lot.

• Heart
Reactions: 67
ETA: I’m going to write and ask them to clarify exactly how it was voted- was it solely reader voted, or was it that there was a shortlist from reader votes that judges then chose.
Found it on their website, it's a bit confusing because they use 'vote' and 'nominate' interchangeably, with more votes/nominations getting you on the judges shortlist. Note Jack's category is called "Reader's Award Food Hero" because the readers can nominate anyone, not because the readers gave her the most votes.
One of my problems with this whole thing is Jack can easily scoop up this kind of award due to her massive twitter following, for example she has more than double the amount of followers Diva itself has, so would very likely dominate any competition for their awards unless she's running against a bigger celeb (too bad smaller/local nominees).

Food hero
Supported by M&S Food
From entrepreneurs to producers, innovators to activists, here’s your chance to give your food hero the recognition they deserve. This award is open to anyone who has made a difference, whether it’s with a brilliant campaign, product or with work that changes lives. OFM judges will choose the winner from a voted shortlist.
How do I get my customers to vote?
As the awards are reader-voted, it’s important to gain the support of your customers to encourage them to nominate you. The more nominations you receive, the better chance you have of winning. Please see the help me win page for details on how to encourage those votes.
They repeat "reader voted" multiple times when that's not really what they mean.

Nobody thinks you have a mansion, a pool, or a jag in the driveway you disingenuous turd.
Maybe not but she does have £865 leather legings, £775 tiffany earrings and £180 DM boots on in that photo 🕵️‍♂️

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Trying to join the dots here, but am I right in thinking she went to Dublin for the Killian Fox interview? If that's the case I suppose it makes sense that she didn't mention it after her initial tweet about going there for a quick visit. You can't really boast about an award that you won't be receiving for a couple of months. That said, it's strange that she didn't even drop hints to get her followers in a tizzy.

Reactions: 45
If this interview is for food hero why is it all about her life and career? Why isn’t it about the causes she allegedly champions? It’s almost as if there…. are none? Apart from her getting booked and tipped.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 100
Genuinely quite embarrassing that she spent her own (or I guess her Patron’s…) money getting to Dublin for an interview where she clearly spent 2 hours complaining about “abuse” and the other hour self-aggrandising, and the outcome is this slightly baffled two-pager with an old photo in which she looks boxy as duck.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 81
Really makes you think 🤔
And I actually mean that. Every time we see one of these ridiculous articles it makes me question the media even more. Nothing you see written is necessarily got an ounce of truth.

ETA: Jack tricksy with her words, no one said she’s living in a mansion with jaguars on the drive. Prick.
Is reporting to the Press Complaints Commission a good idea? I'm so angry with the shoddy journalism

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 54
I'd be really embarrassed if I was featured in a newspaper months apart wearing the same clothes.
That observer article is such a pile of shite. I thought that being a journalist meant... Researching, critical thinking etc.

Even if Killian Fox had just Googled her he would have learned plenty.

It's disappointing, but not surprising, to see that it's all a big media love-in with no one brave enough to step outside the horsey jizz circle
This was always going to be a puff piece, based on what Jack says rather than, you know .... reality. Because the text is just to accompany her receiving an award from the very paper he's writing for. I actually feel a bit bad for the journalist because he was treated to a surprise visit from Jack herself in order to plead her case. Absolute nightmare scenario!

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
A lot of awards in many industries are about the time you put into them (for example by urging your customers/followers to vote).

In my own sector we joke about some of our coleague/competitor/collaborators (we sometimes work with them, at times compete with them) who will go for any award. The best strategy to win one is to buy a table at the award show. A new Strategy lead in our organisation is now putting us into more awards as well and nobody really cares about them much (had to draw straws for who would attend a local one the other day as everyone was busy enough as it was and nobody wanted to go).

Then, like with the DIVA awards or any award from a media outlet, the promotion goes two ways. Winners and nominees can promote themselves by mentioning the awards, while the media outlet gets promoted everytime the award nominees mention the event.

I mean, it's hardly a Nobel or Booker prize, or Michelin star we are talking about, it is all PR/marketing.

ETA- not suggesting the Observer food awards are bought by the businesses, but they are about the effort you put in as a business / personality to get nominated.

Last edited:
  • Heart
This was always going to be a puff piece, based on what Jack says rather than, you know .... reality. Because the text is just to accompany her receiving an award from the very paper he's writing for. I actually feel a bit bad for the journalist because he was treated to a surprise visit from Jack herself in order to plead her case. Absolute nightmare scenario!
Exactly. The awards seem to be food-world back-slapping anyway, but the sponsor of the awards isn't going to make itself look even less credible by running an article saying one of the winners is a lying grifter.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
View attachment 1654012

OH duck OFF, JACK. You’re NOT an “economist” you’re an arrogant deluded fantasist twit.

Also, that’s the first I’ve heard of her 2020 full on breakdown. Or is it? I can’t keep track of them anymore.

You know, even if that’s an old interview, the truth about the ONS has been out publicly for a month now and the dodgy stuff even longer. That only went to press this week, so they had ample opportunity to edit and truncate that piece, and chose not to but to laud her and publish her lies instead. I’m amazed there’s not a link to the tip jar at the end.
She claimed she had Burn Out which is a lie and an insult. My husband had Burn Out a decade ago and had to take early retirement and still isn't 100%.
It is a debilitating and frightening condition that takes over your life and those around you.
Jack posted a couple of selfies pretending to cry in an effort to get Louisa back. This was the sideboard humping era of 2020. Apparently as Louisa wasn't running back to the crappy bungalow after seeing Jack pose in hideous underwear she pretended to have a mental illness and wail on Twitter.
She's vile.

• Heart
Reactions: 76
Here too are the tweets where she blatantly takes credit for ONS doing it, and the one the day after the FOI was posted here saying the ONS were doing it anyway but still doubling down and claiming that they’d been in regular contact. Even though ONS say they had just one informal meeting back in Jan. IIRC other blue tickers also credited her for this. Pretty sure Jay Rayner was one.

View attachment 1653938View attachment 1653939

Asda also didn’t correct her claim to be solely responsible for bringing back the value range and her impact on “millions of people”; while she threw all the supermarkets who DIDN’T want to ‘work’ with her under the bus
View attachment 1653942

As to the OFM award, pretty sure that’s them signaling to her that she’s still their pet pov (what with the big boss giving her the award and all), and that as soon as all this nonsense blows over they’ll have her back

ETA: I’m going to write and ask them to clarify exactly how it was voted- was it solely reader voted, or was it that there was a shortlist from reader votes that judges then chose.
All I can see when her dp is small like that is
B5B7F377-A99C-4DB6-BFA3-E7EE3554FE21.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Is reporting to the Press Complaints Commission a good idea? I'm so angry with the shoddy journalism
It’s Ipso now. I’m not sure if a complaint under Accuracy grounds here is proceedable. The lack of accuracy is astonishing but I’m not sure if you have to be the subject of the piece and can’t complain as a bystander.

Reactions: 34
I’m sure the response will be a load of waffly bollox and bullshit, but a complaint to the Guardian/Observer about their egregious lack of fact checking and accuracy is certainly warranted

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Jack is so versatile, she should also be a soap hero and a slow cooker hero:

Screenshot 2022-10-16 at 09.26.45.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.