Jack Monroe #416 Food Hero? LMAO, should be in the dock for crimes against pasta.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You know an interview is going to be riveting when the opening paragraph is a long boring screed about the subject’s pronouns.
Jack's spoken at length about her gender identity already, and it has nothing to do with her career, cooking, or the award she won. In context of the article, it comes across as a pre-emptive "don't criticise her because she's trans/non-binary!" We're not, we criticise her cuz she's a huge con artist. Next!

ETA: and, of course, she gets "budget baked bean blogger" in there. I guess they took out the "bit-part" cuz it makes no sense

• Heart
Reactions: 68
I can't edit screenshots atm so unable to post but there's a tweet by a food person and former Jack Stan referencing the awards and praising TD and Olia Hercules. There's an implied criticism of an unnamed award recipient ...

Quick twitter search would imply they are involved with a food bank and saw the light around the time of the teemill incident.
This one?

Screenshot 2022-10-16 at 10-40-21 Lucy Antal on Twitter.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 95
You know an interview is going to be riveting when the opening paragraph is a long boring screed about the subject’s pronouns.
I don't understand the point of her/they if the only place you are actually referred to as 'they' is in your own twitter bio? In fact, by saying to the journalist that for clarity's sake she should be referred to as 'she', isn't she saying that the 'they' pronoun is confusing? Which is hardly doing much to normalise it. quite the opposite in fact.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 90
Only Jack could win an award and spend the interview whining and lying about being abused to the extent she requires a bodyguard. For clarity I'm not saying she doesn't get any abuse on Twitter but the idea that there are armies of trolls hiding in the shrubs outside the crappy bungalow is a laughable narc fantasy.

• Haha
Reactions: 79
I mean, surely the £865 leggings in the photo should have provoked a follow-up question or two?
She has an uncanny try-hard knack of making expensive clothes look cheap and scruffy so most folk probably wouldn’t clock she is dripping in £££.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I mean, surely the £865 leggings in the photo should have provoked a follow-up question or two?
Think I’ve missed this but get out, do they really cost that much? How is it even possible for a pair of trousers to cost 800 quid??

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
Is reporting to the Press Complaints Commission a good idea? I'm so angry with the shoddy journalism
The industry is now self-regulating I’m afraid
It’s Ipso now. I’m not sure if a complaint under Accuracy grounds here is proceedable. The lack of accuracy is astonishing but I’m not sure if you have to be the subject of the piece and can’t complain as a bystander.

Not IPSO either. The Graun and Observer did not wish to be in that consortium, being peer reviewed by the likes of News International. Instead they deal with all complaints in-house. They also use an older version of the press code!
This piece wouldn’t meet the bar for “inaccurate” and it’s features/opinion so it basically doesn’t matter.
If you said “Kwai Kwateng didn’t write that budget, Jeremey Hunt secretly did then he pretended he didn’t and took Kwazi’s job” that would be an accuracy issue.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
Ffs, why is she rebranding herself as an "economist"? She simply made an observation that the price of certain food items was rising more quickly than other food items. Literally any of us who shop for food will have made similar observations. She just has the ego to turn it into a narrative that suits her. The ONS pilot study did not prove that low income households were specifically affected; simply that there was a lot of variability in price increases. So until she actually produces the VBI, she should STFU, she has no argument.

If you go back and read the point that the economist referenced in her Twitter banner makes, it's more like "I'm willing to give Jack the benefit of the doubt as there's not enough evidence either way at this point". Only she would pretend this is a massive endorsement of her genius.

• Haha
Reactions: 57
Only Jack could win an award and spend the interview whining and lying about being abused to the extent she requires a bodyguard. For clarity I'm not saying she doesn't get any abuse on Twitter but the idea that there are armies of trolls hiding in the shrubs outside the crappy bungalow is a laughable narc fantasy.
Yeah, it's as if she thinks a bodyguard can prevent those dreaded audience questions. Because that's the only source of anxiety that Jack's got to worry about.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
I don't understand why she's so self-sabotaging (I think that's the word I'm searching for). She obviously has some ambition, so why does she continually undermine her own career? It should be clear to anyone that alienating half the people in the industry is not a good plan.

Sidenote: I know 'career' is a bit of a stretch for someone who only seems to want attention and free stuff...
Jack has had some awesome opportunities, and most people would think they have done very well, but Jack just whines and grifts and tells lies.

Several books ,well-paying partnerships, paid talking engagements, invitations to prestigious events etc. Yet still rattling her tip had and lying to paterons.I

And not forgetting the DKL, even if all reference to it has mysteriously disappeared from the Cactus TV website.

Never sure how Jack got that gig. Do Cactus TV do, or were hoping to do. Work with channel 4?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I told my husband last night his Rasberries had gone up 10p from last week. Am i now an economist? Crikey!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 65
And not forgetting the DKL, even if all reference to it has mysteriously disappeared from the Cactus TV website.
Strange that it wasn't mentioned in today's piece, given that the narrative starts "in the middle of 2020" - just a couple of months after she finished DKL - and that she's lamenting how much work she lost during that time. She was given the biggest opportunity of her life off the back of the pandemic. Then there's Hellmann's, Del Monte, Netflix, etc etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 58

@DoritoTamales full set of pic. including jm

eta - sorry you were asking about article not pics. i've not had me 3 morning cups of yorkshire tea yet.
Does anyone know at what point in the event was her award given out? There's a lot of awards still to be given behind her in that pic. Some of the other photos show fewer awards. *Dons tinfoil hat* I wonder did she come on for a photo before the event started and then left.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
Does anyone know at what point in the event was her award given out? There's a lot of awards still to be given behind her in that pic. Some of the other photos show fewer awards. *Dons tinfoil hat* I wonder did she come on for a photo before the event started and then left.
I would have, if I was her. I actually felt a bit sick imagining what it must be like for Jack at that awards ceremony, with so many people there knowing so much about her lies.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Ffs, why is she rebranding herself as an "economist"? She simply made an observation that the price of certain food items was rising more quickly than other food items. Literally any of us who shop for food will have made similar observations. She just has the ego to turn it into a narrative that suits her. The ONS pilot study did not prove that low income households were specifically affected; simply that there was a lot of variability in price increases. So until she actually produces the VBI, she should STFU, she has no argument.

If you go back and read the point that the economist referenced in her Twitter banner makes, it's more like "I'm willing to give Jack the benefit of the doubt as there's not enough evidence either way at this point". Only she would pretend this is a massive endorsement of her genius.
It’s clear from the Obs article that the grift bandwagon is trundling on regardless and that it will keep going until at least the release of ‘Grifty Kitchen’ thanks to her second set of professional enablers, her publishing house and agent.

I’m glad to see Jack made a “coming soon, promise!” comment on the VBI work to go with the “coming soon, promise!” Patreon update. The more people who see her words and actions never align the better. Bet she gets dropped like a hot tit brick in early 2023 though.

Reactions: 58
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.