Jack Monroe #415 Her campaigning amounts to her talking about being a campaigner

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't find the tartan shorts that are really traaazers post, definitely exists as I'm literally referencing it in thread 372, but can't bloody find what I'm referencing. lol.

I did google 'Jack Monroe Tartan', and wow-eeeeee, so much check. This photo though from 2013 stuck out, she must have blown her whole book advance on the forearm tatts.

6-1386778509-jack-monroe-red-s-hot-women-awards-2013-liam-duke.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
Looking back over her tweets from around HH2 and after, I was reminded of these.

Breadcrumbed that she’d sleep in her ‘old bed’ - that helpfully explained in advance her Instagram with Content this week. Tricksy.

75882B63-3664-4B07-B2E8-BDA0FB53261E.jpeg

There is due to be an online sales link from her Heckin Big Declutter! JACK, JACK - WE’VE HELPFULLY DONE YOU SOME VALUATIONS! Let’s call it 10% and the Toaster with Toaster on.

15498D70-6D31-4390-A317-AC1246AA55EA.jpeg

AND THIS ABSOLUTE BANGER.
dear reader: she didn’t like it when Awfully Molly did this to her.

98A8D461-9795-4349-B6F9-E96254C0CEBF.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 83
Bringing over the Viv chat from the previoous thread.

As mentioned, Theresa May loves a bit of Viv. She's the only person I've seen who makes it look worse than Jack. Surprised Viv hasn't taken out an injunction to prevent the pair of them dressing in her clothes.

1665672264545.png
1665672185376.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 75
The more I think about it, the more I feel like she got slammed with an enormous tax/VAT bill from HMRC for winding up her company
She was talking about getting her accounts in order back in July, wasn't she? They were so far overdue that she'll have needed to pay much more corporation tax than she'd have been expecting, especially if she had an overdrawn director's loan.

And that's probably the best case. If she hadn't been putting any money aside at all to cover her tax liabilities, I can't imagine how hugely fucked she'll have been.

Reactions: 30
I can't find the tartan shorts that are really traaazers post, definitely exists as I'm literally referencing it in thread 372, but can't bloody find what I'm referencing. lol.

I did google 'Jack Monroe Tartan', and wow-eeeeee, so much check. This photo though from 2013 stuck out, she must have blown her whole book advance on the forearm tatts.

Was that the photoshoot from ‘Jack: Gangster’s Paradise’ when the plucky and humble NQT transformed the lives of poor urchins from the ghettos of coastal Essex?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Looking back over her tweets from around HH2 and after, I was reminded of these.

Breadcrumbed that she’d sleep in her ‘old bed’ - that helpfully explained in advance her Instagram with Content this week. Tricksy.

View attachment 1647854

There is due to be an online sales link from her Heckin Big Declutter! JACK, JACK - WE’VE HELPFULLY DONE YOU SOME VALUATIONS! Let’s call it 10% and the Toaster with Toaster on.

View attachment 1647864

AND THIS ABSOLUTE BANGER.
dear reader: she didn’t like it when Awfully Molly did this to her.

View attachment 1647867
I'm going to go see if that bottom one is in media, and if isn't, I'm putting it there..
I reckon some people look around the media files rather than the threads..

• Heart
Reactions: 27
She was talking about getting her accounts in order back in July, wasn't she? They were so far overdue that she'll have needed to pay much more corporation tax than she'd have been expecting, especially if she had an overdrawn director's loan.

And that's probably the best case. If she hadn't been putting any money aside at all to cover her tax liabilities, I can't imagine how hugely fucked she'll have been.
As a smol biz frau even thinking about it makea my blood run cold. I brought someone in to do my bookkeeping and accounts after approx 1 month as I was simply incapable of doing it properly and legally - and that's after I'd been a freelance for several years.

Reactions: 31
Yes that’s it. It doesn’t scream ‘downsizing to a one bedroom flat and sleeping in a living room’ to me.
No, it doesn't, but I just thought she was being a massive drama queen and then the "reveal" was very anti-climactic :D ie. "I'm going to downsize and save a deposit for a house!" (instead of spending everything on Viv, I guess).

I'm fully open to the concept I drew the wrong conclusion tho :D

• Haha
Reactions: 29
The months all blend together for me with our smol pixie, but didn't this lead to a meeting re: taking the first step and then more breadcrumbing about houses and, then, a backtrack insisting it was just prepping for what life might be in five years' time, before, apropos of nowt at all, announcing that one would be moving to an anonymous 1 bed flat in 3/4/5/6 months and, as such, would be doing a heckin.....oh, I've run out of steam. Send steamos.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
I still think she's talking about buying a place in cash and the purple prose is because it's a bit of a fixer upper (a shithole to Jack). So she's being very melodramatic about it because it's not 100% perfect in every way and probably a lot smaller than what she wants because she's pissed away a lot of money on STUFF.

You've all been very busy forensic ninnies so I'll get an update out later on 🕵️‍♂️

• Heart
Reactions: 47

Do we think she might have grabbed a Bounce Back Loan while a Ltd company? I believe the company owns the loan and it would have been written off when she gave the company the boot. I can't find any lists on Gov.uk.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 28
I’m baffled by the performative moving house stuff as that feels like ages ago and you only give 2 months notice so most renters would be moved by now-given that she’s dragged all those bookcases with books on into her living room so she can sleep amongst them on the sofa?!How long can that go on ffs?
Given that Jack likes to post a picture every time she so much as moves a kettle or rug for claps and cheers, and has provided zero photographic evidence of acclimating to living in a smaller space by pretend-building a 1 bedroom flat inside a spacious 3-bed detatched, I do not think this has ever really happened.

I also don’t think for a second she’s in rehab. I do think, however, she’s been given a very clear talking to. It may be by her parents, a lawyer, her agent and publisher all. I’m willing to bet though, that someone (a lawyer I’m guessing) has told her that her ONLY chance of keeping all that PayPal and Patreon money (that she’s probably long ago spent) is to stay very, very quiet.

Pretty sure she’s been advised that nobody can legally force her to be transparent about Teemill, or pay back her Patreons or the grifted legal fees into the ambiguous pot. Therefore, to avoid paying people back money she doesn’t have, the clamor for answers and addressing the MORAL ramifications of what she’s done, unless she goes all in on ADDICTION!!!! MY MEA CULPA AND ROAD TO RECOVERY (which she isn’t) her only option is to keep very, very quiet and hope it blows over/people not personally affected will lose interest when they realize nothing much can be done to force her to do anything.

I’m sure all of the above professionals and her family would love her to stay off her socials pretty much forever other than in a purely professional (lol) capacity, but we all know she’s incapable of that. Hence the continued reappearances, the socks, and the likes, the arguing like duck about her dog’s coat etc even though she’s meant to be staying under the radar during what is, let’s be honest, a bizarre poorly orchestrated version of reputation control.

(Seriously, that ‘reputation management campaign’ is the equivalent of say, buying a pair of genuine Viv leather trousers from an eBay seller in the next town, but then when they arrive, they turn out instead to be a used bin bag that’s been imported through customs from duck knows where. I hope to duck she bought that herself online and that’s not what ol pro bono no win no fee Lewis is offering up)

• Heart
Reactions: 62
I still think she's talking about buying a place in cash and the purple prose is because it's a bit of a fixer upper (a shithole to Jack). So she's being very melodramatic about it because it's not 100% perfect in every way and probably a lot smaller than what she wants because she's pissed away a lot of money on STUFF.

You've all been very busy forensic ninnies so I'll get an update out later on 🕵️‍♂️
Being an outright cash buyer would be an interesting flex...

Reactions: 21

Same, I think she’s got enough saved to buy a place outright.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.