Jack Monroe #414 Catch Me If You (Tin) Can

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The bizarre accent, the hours she keeps, the leeching off people. I’ve only just realised who she reminds me of.
39D55238-E92C-469F-B9EE-5920898A4068.jpeg
07841180-2EF6-4DB7-883F-450AAD001347.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
Chef rant incoming:

I know she’s back on Twitter (gotta get those 100 hours in SOMEHOW I guess 🙄) but the other day I was scrolling through her ig, going through pictures and pictures of slop, and found this absolute nightmare of a situation!

View attachment 1641950

Very soft, probably very flat tasting lentils because god forbid poor people want their food to taste layered and interesting (Jack I’m begging you to use a herb) topped with A FISH FILLET POACHED IN ITS DEFROSTED JUICES. Why. Why why why. Why not, say, some fresh water instead? Perhaps flavoured with the stalks from, say, the parsley you could have folded through the lentils to finish? Or a little splash of the nonalcoholic wine? I can’t believe I have to point out that defrosting juices are not an ingredient 🤮

For me at the end of the day, even with the awful patreon and professional victim stuff, her most outrageous grift is that this so called “food writer” knows next to nothing about what it means to cook good food.
That looks dire.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Sorry, is that supposed to be her in the top photo?! Not even about being flattering. That does not look anything like her. Or even distantly related to her.
Top photo is the actress Juliet Landau who played Drusilla in Buffy the Vampire Slayer

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
She goes cos she wants attention 🙄
Well she wasnt getting the acknowledgent she craves from her twitter socks.

Those poor f**kers. Image having to deal.witj addiction and doing all you can to get thru it and every meeting you go to she's there honking away about herself. :rolleyes:

• Sad
Reactions: 37
Chef rant incoming:

I know she’s back on Twitter (gotta get those 100 hours in SOMEHOW I guess 🙄) but the other day I was scrolling through her ig, going through pictures and pictures of slop, and found this absolute nightmare of a situation!

View attachment 1641950

Very soft, probably very flat tasting lentils because god forbid poor people want their food to taste layered and interesting (Jack I’m begging you to use a herb) topped with A FISH FILLET POACHED IN ITS DEFROSTED JUICES. Why. Why why why. Why not, say, some fresh water instead? Perhaps flavoured with the stalks from, say, the parsley you could have folded through the lentils to finish? Or a little splash of the nonalcoholic wine? I can’t believe I have to point out that defrosting juices are not an ingredient 🤮

For me at the end of the day, even with the awful patreon and professional victim stuff, her most outrageous grift is that this so called “food writer” knows next to nothing about what it means to cook good food.
Did she ever write up the recipe? 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Fitting into kids clothes isn’t the flex she thinks it is. As an Actual Smol Pixie, with teens who have rapidly grown to my height and my body shape but not my weight over the last few years, I’ve spent many hours checking sizing charts on various websites.

Not many go above Age 14, but the ones that do - the sizes for Ages 15/16 are actually equivalent to the same brands women’s Size 10/12.

Which means that I could order Age 14 from the kids range, I just have zero desire to dress 22 years younger than I actually am, although I must add that I don’t subscribe to the “dressing your age” bollocks in general, because what does that even mean?

I have around 20 hoodies in my wardrobe, purchased over the last 15 years or so. They have become “communal” with my teens, because I Am Poor, trying not to put the heating on unless absolutely necessary, we will need the heating on during the winter months because it’s a listed house with all single glazed windows, so for now, I’m trying to keep us warm with what we have available.

I cannot justify spending £20+ per hoodie when they’d need at least 2 each, and will probably out grow them by next winter. I’m getting The Rage with “BUY THIS TO KEEP YOURSELF WARM ITS £50 PER PERSON” whilst I’m wondering how well that’ll work in Nov/Dec/Jan and thinking I’m better keeping that £200 to put towards what I’m sure will be an eyewaterinf

PS Jack - you’re the biggest oppressor of working class women and single mothers right now, because you’re neither of those things and taking up space that isn’t yours.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Morning Ninnies, i see Jack is busy polarising Twitter. Lots of quote tweets that are not in agreement with her including some Lefties.

That Man, on the other hand, has played a blinder and is trending for all the right reasons. Very positive response to his R4 appearance earlier today.

1665475942209.png

Re: the communal wardrobe. I think (hope) what our smol agitator meant is that they both hang their clothes in the same wardrobe rather than sharing the clothes. SB is 12 so that 8-9 year hoody has "escaped" the charity bag for quite some and remained unoticed by both of them until now.

No way has she been wearing that for days without realising. It's so short and tight around her arms it's practically cutting off the circulation - that would be noticeably uncomfortable. I reckon she found it, saw the age and thought 'I'll try that on' then she was so delighted with the result she set up her tripod, took a selfie and came up with some bullshit story (as per).

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 84
Didn't she say that she hadn't bought shampoo for two years, rather than "not been to the hairdresser for two years"? Entirely possible, if you're spending every other weekend in posh hotels and taking the toiletries back with you
Yes, that’s possible for sure.

Whenever my husband stays in a hotel he challenges himself to see how much free soap he can blag. His record so far is a year’s worth (extra remarkable because we used it throughout 2020, so tons of extra hand washing).

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
Morning Ninnies, i see Jack is busy polarising Twitter. Lots of quote tweets that are not in agreement with her including some Lefties.

That Man, on the other hand, has played a blinder and is trending for all the right reasons. Very positive response to his R4 appearance earlier today.

View attachment 1641994

Re: the communal wardrobe. I think (hope) what our smol agitator meant is that they both hang their clothes in the same wardrobe rather than sharing the clothes. SB is 12 so that 8-9 year hoody has "escaped" the charity bag for quite some and remained unoticed by both of them until now.

No way has she been wearing that for days without realising. It's so short and tight around her arms it's practically cutting off the circulation - that would be noticeably uncomfortable. I reckon she found it, saw the age and thought 'I'll try that on' then she was so delighted with the result she set up her tripod, took a selfie and came up with some bullshit story (as per).
I assumed she meant they both hang their clothes in the same wardrobe… but why?! They’ve got more space than most. She’s certainly got more furniture than most. Why can’t he have his own wardrobe??

(I know you don’t have the answer to this, dear heart. Her nonsense just enrages me).

• Haha
Reactions: 38
De-lurking to post this little gem from Twitter this morning. Someone not gonna be happy!
Noticed the other day that Caitlin doesn’t follow Jack on Twitter. She definitely used to, if I recall correctly. Wonder what caused her to unfollow.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 70
"Upped meetings to 10 a week, that sorted me head out a bit :)"
Christ. If we are talking about only AA meetings (she has once mentioned being in 12 step for ED too but only one mention & it was as a rebuke for something relating to her shockingly poor quality food so *untrue* i guess) there are 10 meetings per week in her immediate area, reasonable to get to on foot/bus or more likely a lift from a kindly car owning (environment destroying) 'friend' (taxi). They are roughly 1.5 hours each - so plus travel & group sec duties & mother hen hugs & biscuit time lets say they'd take 3 hours each? That's 30 hours per week. It would also be 6 evenings per week (so is child home alone or being babysat up to 6 x per week?) plus 4 days would involve a daytime meeting, including Sat & Sun.
On top of the 100 working hours & 2 hour round trip school run twice a day & the long dog walks I think she is now in minus hours a day not including sleep. The point I am trying to make is that I have an inkling that she is fibbing.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 88
Chef rant incoming:

View attachment 1641950

come on man, it’s so well crafted. Wine reduction, beetroot stalks (which everyone in toxteth and Salford has in their “pantry”

she knows her audience perfectly well. Nobody will ever, in the history of time, actually cook this.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 60
I reckon she found it, saw the age and thought 'I'll try that on' then she was so delighted with the result she set up her tripod, took a selfie and came up with some bullshit story (as per).
Mmmmm. So now we know what she was doing for the 2 weeks she was off Twitter. She was struggling to get the zip up.

Noticed the other day that Caitlin doesn’t follow Jack on Twitter. She definitely used to, if I recall correctly. Wonder what caused her to unfollow.
Not enough room for two mammoth sized egos in this ere town pardner

Either that or Caitlin's a mate of Louisa via Victoria Derbyshire. This I can well see

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
For all her (albeit phoney) working-class credentials, Caitlin is astonishingly naive. She's exactly the kind of media luvvie who would be taken in by Monroe.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.