Jack Monroe #413 The flying monkeys are more like limping chimpanzees these days

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She really is quite desparate isn't she?
'Look I wear eight year old's clothes'. In a way I feel sorry for her. For all her claims to being a maverick she is entirely conformist to the accepted norms. 'I'm so small! I look so young!'. I really don't care if she is or isn't tbh - but the fact she sees these things as important is quite sad.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
How does anyone who works even part time have time for 10 meetings? Especially when she doesn't drive!

ETA Orphy B beat me to it 😂
It's really just one meeting but after listening to Jack droning on participants are often heard to remark "I feel like I have sat through 10 wretched meetings".

• Haha
Reactions: 43
How does anyone who works even part time have time for 10 meetings? Especially when she doesn't drive!

ETA Orphy B beat me to it 😂
You're part of a mithering hive-mind now, pal. You're only allowed to leave for a piss and sandwich.

It's a thought though, how is she getting to all these meetings? She couldn't even scrape the bus fare to Aldi together, she must need a week pass at this rate! She's the Marla Singer of Southend.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
She spends a lot of time on American sites or Tweets i think. The language is very similar to activist type writing around BLM and the pushback against the anti-abortion legislation over there. It’s giving her a whole new vocab.
I guess. We don't really talk like that. Just Ron Burgundy. But I'm not surprised Jack has a tin ear.

Reactions: 14
Lol there's a Leigh-on-Sea next to Southend, she's hopefully been nowhere near the Greater Manchester one. The tories did take Leigh in 2019 though so maybe she'll go yell at some working class people about how stupid they are.
Whew. Geography making sense now.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I guess. We don't really talk like that. Just Ron Burgundy. But I'm not surprised Jack has a tin ear.
No of course not! Nobody does! Its just Jack lifting and rewording other people’s tweets or blog posts. I just think their origin isn’t here because then she seems all ground-breaking and original. Unless that’s just Twitter-speak and everyone talks like that when they’ve got their knickers in a twist!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Oh man that made me lol and gave me memories!! What was with guys back then and their obsession with girls who don’t wear make-up? Always the lipstick comment too. Aside from the grunge trend for looking like a homeless zombie child it’s really weird.
Me and a friend decided years later this was because they wanted a ‘plain’ girlfriend that nobody would steal and that they didn’t have to put any effort in to being an actual boyfriend. So no Valentines etc because ‘you’re not like other girls.’ The Ladette movement around the same time didn’t help either-not inclusive of ravey festival fraus or our thoughts on how we’d like to be treated.
Why 90s men get make up snarky?
Standard toxic patriarchy.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
Top thread title nom is something Molly said. I dunno what the rules are on this. (I remember it had to be changed before because of the same source.)

Mods, please send advice-o's.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.