Jack Monroe #412 Chiz on Tiz

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I reckon also her parents. I think roast potatoes was the last straw of humiliation.
She’s so cringingly embarrassing. She’s the same age as me 🔺, and if my employer or family had to ‘intervene’ due to my ridiculous social media behaviour I’d know something had gone really, really wrong in my life.

Reactions: 56
She turned down the Hollywood rights to her story??? When that would have given her child financial stability all the way through his childhood including either buying a roof to go over their heads or having money in the bank to ensure the monthly rent until he had grown up & flown the nest. That would have meant he could go to university (if that’s what he wanted) without the weight of a student loan hanging over him. That would have allowed them to go on holidays more exciting & educational than a couple of days at Butlin’s. Whilst Jack does & writes some absolute narcissistic rubbish, this “fact” that she’s casually dropped into the piece in the Guardian has absolutely made my blood boil if it’s true (somehow I doubt it). Because what parent wouldn’t do their utmost to provide the stable an environment as possible for their child to grow up in. What with that & allegedly turning down numerous offers of paid work (as a self employed person) & even full time permanent work that she didn’t even have the manners to reply to, it’s like she doesn’t want financial security but would prefer to bleat on about having to unscrew light bulbs again or selling redundant engagement rings. Or wear stuff found in puddles.

Apologies to the other fraus for the lengthy rant but Jack has got right under my skin this morning with the updated lies in the Twitter profile & liking recent tweets so she’s not taken a break from social media at all; all that’s happened is a temporary gagging order has been issued whilst she works through the lengthy list of sock accounts to delete them (I had wondered at the massive exodus of followers!)
I would imagine that if she sold the rights to her story she'd have to sign some sort of legal document saying that everything was 100% true, especially if it involved other people (such as SB's dad, her family etc). That would be problematic. :D

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
I did some googling about the Hollywood thing and found this old interview in the Mirror where she says she called her mum when the poverty got too much and friends and family helped her out. Is this ANOTHER version of her life story?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
Yes to this!

My problem with TED talks is that I don’t think a monologue is the best way to convey ideas or information. I always find two-way conversations so much more interesting. And a clearer understanding of the topic would come from an interviewer saying things like, “can you expand on that?”, or “are there facts/stats to back this up?”

I can see why Jack probably loves doing things like this because she gets a free reign to ramble on about herself without any interruptions or questions.

ETA. I know TED talks etc have their place, and a lot of people like them, they’re just not for me.
They often make us watch TED talks in team meetings at work and lord are they tedious. They almost always have the same format. Someone was an average person, then something happened that made them realise X, then they overcame adversity and now they’re going to talk to you for 15 minutes in the exact same cheery, patronising style. I mean, it’s great that your car accident made you realise the hidden potential of car free cities or whatever, but can I just go back to work now?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
Her problem is that she interprets all criticism or unwelcome advice as an attack. When she calmed down it would have done with bad grace "Oh seeing as I'm not allowed to say anything anymore..". Whatever has been said more recently has clearly been the riot act, hence feeding her addiction with sock accounts (allegedly).
Even when she asks for advice she sees all replies in that way! Every bit of requested advice for an achy shoulder or an ouchy mouth is met with “yeah… sound… but I completed that 3 years ago mate” why effin ask in the first place?
If there hasn’t been an intervention I’d be asking why? They’re all accountable for her behaviour IMO. Family/Agent/Publishers etc! She’d never of gotten away with ten years of this bullshit had they canned her sooner! Let’s face it, this new books not hitting any best seller lists! It’s not gonna be worth a wank and is a waste of print!!! Why bother? Just quietly disappear with your couple of grand a month Patreon and feel grateful it lasted this long!

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I'm heading out to touch some grass but couldn't leave without presenting you with these bangers.

Forget about Saturay Night Dance, it's all about Sunday Afternoon Burlesque.

Jack's "Songs that turn us into strippers"

Cheers, Spotify. Son's crying now.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 59
I did some googling about the Hollywood thing and found this old interview in the Mirror where she says she called her mum when the poverty got too much and friends and family helped her out. Is this ANOTHER version of her life story?

Don't think Southend Labour courted her. She posted that she thought as she was a member they would let her stand, then from what I remember Kickstarter broke and they kicked her to the kerb as at the time the Progress v Momentum war meant people were investigating each other's socials to run hit pieces on Guido or Evening Echo etc.

Reactions: 25
Screenshot 2022-10-09 11.30.02.png

Too late for a thread title nomination but can we just raise a hat or a glass to 'incessant self-pimping fantasist'.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 107
A lot of the accounts people are calling out as socks don't look like Jack's work. Totally different tone, style of writing, vocabulary, etc.

It's worth remembering that PeekyMink wrote exactly like Jack does. She's not good at disguising her online voice (few people are).

They could easily be the work of a) rabid Jack fans, b) bored trolls who just like to argue, c) anti-Tattlers who want the gotcha moment of "lol tricked you" etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Whether this is Jack or not (I think it is), these arguments are apparently her defence. Piss poor. Firstly, egotistical performance of ‘creating’ dire T shirts with your name emblazoned across them isn’t charity work. It’s attention seeking. The people buying that tat are the ones donating Jack-not you. And you still haven’t accounted for the rest of the money (nor the donations to sue Anderson/media training etc).
Secondly, people aren’t necessarily Patreons because they ‘love your work’ (what work?). Nigella guilt tripped a load of people into supporting you & you’ve spent years claiming poverty (nobody with your wealth unscrews lightbulbs, posts photos of bank accounts with nothing in,talks about rent bouncing). You deliberately create the impression that you’re poor and working for others when neither is true. The fact you’re taking advantage of other people’s naivety is sickening.If you were genuine, you’d have closed your patreon and asked people to donate to those in need because you already have a job and are quite capable of working if you want more, you greedy git.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
I would imagine that if she sold the rights to her story she'd have to sign some sort of legal document saying that everything was 100% true, especially if it involved other people (such as SB's dad, her family etc). That would be problematic. :D
Morals clauses.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Shocked at the number of snow references on there. Maybe we can keep a tally of how long since published/been on TV.
Loved this comment btw:
D7AB8ED6-9CEA-4FF2-BB0E-F5F5821B754E.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
A lot of the accounts people are calling out as socks don't look like Jack's work. Totally different tone, style of writing, vocabulary, etc.

It's worth remembering that PeekyMink wrote exactly like Jack does. She's not good at disguising her online voice (few people are).

They could easily be the work of a) rabid Jack fans, b) bored trolls who just like to argue, c) anti-Tattlers who want the gotcha moment of "lol tricked you" etc.
I was thinking this. Has the wonky insectile stan account been around lately? 🤔

Reactions: 22
I was thinking this. Has the wonky insectile account been around lately? 🤔
I don't think it's mentioned Jack recently but that account is just a massive Jack stan. It's 100% not Jack. There's another stan account that periodically capes up for Jack that gets accused a lot but again it's not her though in the case of the second I think they might be in touch with Jack who might be feeding them lines. That's just a hunch and might be wide of the mark but they do seem sad enough to piss themselves with excitement if Jack acknowledged them in any way.

Reactions: 38
If even one of the socks that’s defending her is actually her, then I find it quite frightening to be honest.
There’s something really chilling about the way she acts. It makes me so uncomfortable in a way I can’t even describe.

• Heart
Reactions: 44

I disagree, because it seems to me that even Jack’s most devoted fans, are actually fans of the idea they have of her - they’re fans of the facade, not the actual person. That’s why they look away from the evidence, rather than revelling in the fact she gets away with it.
As a result, I think they’re unlikely to actually use Jack’s underhand tactics, and unlikely to actually adopt sock accounts, on the basis that their existence (even if created by her fans) actually validates the idea that there are bad faith Jack or Jack adjacent accounts out there.

in a way, even the flying monkeys are Jack’s victims. They’re complicit in being so, but they’ve been taken in all the same.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.