Jack Monroe #412 Chiz on Tiz

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was listening to an american true crime podcast and they were talking about their upcoming UK tour, tallimg about UK food and randomly mentioned THAT MAN whom they all seemed to be aware of, not just his name but stuff he has done like school dinners etc. Jack would kill for that level of recognition.

I mainly shared this story here because we know Jack reads here and it will rustle her Thrupenny Crumbles

Reactions: 42
Now, now Jack recently featured on an American podcast too. More for being an embarrassing liar and all round grifter than a chef or campaigner but she is known overseas.

Reactions: 52
She will have been entitled to free nursery hours by then as well. And an involved dad. If she’d got an ordinary job there would have been enough to get herself on her feet.
There would have been funding for training for someone unemployed with poor GCSEs and free childcare.

Reactions: 39
Makes you wonder how much of the back story is either lies or driven by her own middle class upbringing and sense of entitlement.

Seems she never wanted a real job ever and went from thing to thing until she managed to find a thing that made her a living without much effort.
Plead poverty, cook slop, write nonsense = get cash.

No poor person I know or anyone I live near got a job at newspaper after quitting fire service and several other jobs. Someone has hand in getting her hired at various places.

Reactions: 39
No idea but it made my face do this:
https://giphy.com/R0jWWtH1CtFEk

Reactions: 22
You could have spoilered the cheap w** h** mention

Reactions: 20
I haven’t caused enough upset today so here’s some squig slop
View attachment 1632707
View attachment 1632708
Apologies for the shitty picture, my room is rather cave like, but wtf have they done to the pasta? It looks far worse than Jack's. I did used to make this semi regularly, not realising until I joined the canal, that I'd been entirely ignoring most of Jack's instructions (turn the pasta down. Wtf?)

Anyway, one grandad was a spy, and I can't to save my life. The other taught welding, and it's safest for everyone that the closest I've ever been to that was the husband, who was a welder/fabricator

Reactions: 25
Anyone find it hilarious that a decade of pretending to be relentlessly hounded has resulted in her being relentlessly hounded but by people taking the piss out of her She must be on the verge of spontaneous combustion by now

Reactions: 42
"Too little bacon or too little brie" will absolutely affect the outcome of a carbonara-style sauce. Does she not understand how emulsions work? Proportions are important in some recipes.

Reactions: 46
"Too little bacon or too little brie" will absolutely affect the outcome of a carbonara-style sauce. Does she not understand how emulsions work? Proportions are important in some recipes.
Dear heart, she doesn’t understand how food works

Reactions: 67
It’s funny how many people tagging Jack in their food posts say that they ‘adapted’ the recipe

ETA it’s a minor point, but I don’t think I’ve seen ‘value Brie’? I have seen very cheap hard cheese though (eg Creamfields at Tesco) surely hard cheese lasts longer too?

Reactions: 27
Reactions: 10
Wh
what about the trips to the lemon groves in Cyprus etc?

Reactions: 20
BIB needs reposting later in the thread, because it’s calling out to be a thread title!

Last edited:
Mmmmm I agree the more you dig into the Time of the POV, the more you realise it wasn’t a Pov at all. Just the financial shock that any new semi single parent would get.

It’s also obvious that she really has a terrible employment history. Being unable to stick / getting fired from 3 jobs on the trot is dreadful and suggests a really poor attitude and work ethic. Big Dave did her a massive favour getting her into the FS and she clearly threw that back in his face too.

I suspect a serious attitude problem, overinflated ego combined with a minimum of competency and a stubborn refusal to engage with reality have defined Jack since her teens. I wouldn’t wanna employ her either.

Reactions: 60
Showed the mystery dinner game to eldest child - he squinted at brown slice and quite innocently said " Is that a prune?"

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.