Jack Monroe #411 More flounces than an 80s wedding dress.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone replied to the green eggs and ham saying a vegan version would be most welcome….. would that not be a completely different recipe?

• Haha
Reactions: 49
I honestly think she's staying off twitter because she knows something big is coming that could do damage to her 'career'.

Reactions: 51
Someone replied to the green eggs and ham saying a vegan version would be most welcome….. would that not be a completely different recipe?
This is the thing that boggles my mind with her squigs. I've been vegan for 8 years now. When you see a recipe you like, and it's got meat/dairy in it, it's second nature to start thinking about how you could veganise it. (With Jack's recipes I struggle with why you'd want to but that's a separate issue.)

Jack can't help much there, and it's really fairly simple to work out how to do it yourself. Jack doesn't need to hold their hand for every little thing.

So for the greens, eggs and ham one, I would make a standard mac and cheese sauce, wilt some spinach or kale and stir that in, fry mushrooms or fake bacon and add that, plus some breadcrumbs (for texture) and tomatoes and bake it.

And then for the eggs, well b*gger me there isn't really a good baked egg replacement so, sorry vegan squig but you'll have to do without. But given that the ones in the picture look like they're the texture of raw snot I'm not sure you're missing much.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
How did the dayhab thing go down last time? Did she outwardly say she was going or was it something pieced together by the canal?
In true Jack fashion, she fiercely protected her privacy by posting selfies in fancy apartments, making vague but frequent references to "intensive treatment" and a "group of new friends" she was working with. Then after everyone had already put two and two together, she did her big DIVA.pdf confessional.

Re the modelling, I've sure there was a chaos last year? Maybe 2020? when she recieved one of those "come and have a £1000 photoshoot at my gaff and I'll make you a 🌟 STAR 🌟 " offers that absolutely everybody with an email address has had at some point.
Of course she was all "little ol' me, why I couldn't possibly. Could I...?"
And instead of just saying that it was a very well known scam all the Squigs went do it Jack, you're so beautiful Jack, you'd be amazing Jack.
It was never mentioned again, naturellement.
I could be wrong but I seem to remember one squig with a bit of nous about them warning her that it might be a scam, then she got all defensive and replied that she'd forensically researched the company and that they were LEGIT.

😬

• Haha
Reactions: 52
I agree, but the book release is another three months away. How the hell is she going to manage to either stay off Twitter as herself or restrain herself from doing much more than posting occasional photos of slop and Content until January?
Simple answer? She won't 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I honestly think she's staying off twitter because she knows something big is coming that could do damage to her 'career'.
I'm a bit of a luddite and don't really understand the difference between the different social media aps properly.

I presume she can stay on Instagram as she doesn't have many followers on there? Or is that people can't interact in the same way to challenge her?

I was reading a report on the BBC website about Elon Musk buying Twitter, and I hadn't understood that twitter is small compared to Instagram and TikTok....I'm beginning to understand how she can have a lot of Twitter followers but be largely unknown on the rest of the media.

Reactions: 17
I'm a bit of a luddite and don't really understand the difference between the different social media aps properly.

I presume she can stay on Instagram as she doesn't have many followers on there? Or is that people can't interact in the same way to challenge her?

I was reading a report on the BBC website about Elon Musk buying Twitter, and I hadn't understood that twitter is small compared to Instagram and TikTok....I'm beginning to understand how she can have a lot of Twitter followers but be largely unknown on the rest of the media.
Instagram let's her control things much more easily, she can delete comments on her pictures, limit who can comment etc. However it doesn't have the same "viral" ability of twitter in that you can't really share posts in the same way. She'll get a small dopamine hit from likes and comments, but nothing like what she gets from retweets etc on twitter.

Reactions: 35

This is exactly why I did my personal flounce off Twitter (I didn't; I went softly, gently, not an airport etc etc). Too much Musk and Monroe on there for this jaded Frau.

Reactions: 18
Didn’t she tell her doctor recently she was incredibly busy and had no days off until end Nov?

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Didn’t she tell her doctor recently she was incredibly busy and had no days off until end Nov?
I think it was an interview or some such nonsense.
It's like everything else, a figment of her overactive imagination.
She doesn't work, not really, she begs and scrounges and pisses about.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.