Jack Monroe #411 More flounces than an 80s wedding dress.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And as the new fuel prices hit, I can't believe she's not managed to worm her way back onto the news circuit.
I think whichever learned frau speculated that she was back in rehab is bang on the money tbh.

• Wow
Reactions: 44
I need to comment on the green eggs and ham. How is it burnt, yet the egg yolks are still raw looking?

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Sat with my coffee watching Tom Kerridge on BBC Breakfast pushing for free school meals to be expanded to cover those currently falling through the cracks. How is he doing this??? He's in a school holding a cooking class with the children and working with the school and their suppliers to produce what looks like lovely, healthy, filling nutritious meals engaging with everyone, the media included, in an open friendly way - explaining not only the need but also how to make it happen. Warm and smiley - not a snark, shout or flounce in sight. 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 68
Did anyone else just see the report on the BBC about Tom “Fingers” Kerridge spearheading a campaign to get more children access to free school meals? He was at a primary school chatting to the children about food, they were eating recipes from full time meals. He came over as really warm and friendly, one little boy even ran over to him to give him a fist bump.
This is exactly the sort of thing a person who calls themselves a chef and poverty campaigner should be involved with, but can you imagine Jack doing the same? She’d be Nasally honking at the children while they choked down her recipes and making it all about herself.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 74
To be fair to the commenter, they're right. Nobody cooks like Jack. It's less farm to table and more table to bin
🎶 Noooo-oooone cooks like Monroe,
Writes bad books like Monroe,
No-one serves inexplicable muck like Monroe 🎶

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
I absolutely love Tom Kerridge, 🔺 I work in an area where his current work is v relevant and he’s absolutely everywhere, even more so behind the scenes. Makes you think.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
Did anyone else just see the report on the BBC about Tom “Fingers” Kerridge spearheading a campaign to get more children access to free school meals? He was at a primary school chatting to the children about food, they were eating recipes from full time meals. He came over as really warm and friendly, one little boy even ran over to him to give him a fist bump.
This is exactly the sort of thing a person who calls themselves a chef and poverty campaigner should be involved with, but can you imagine Jack doing the same? She’d be Nasally honking at the children while they choked down her recipes and making it all about herself.
It'd be like the scene in Matilda where Bruce Bogtrotter is forced to eat an entire cake. But with a whole class of children struggling to choke down slop whilst Jack wanders the rows and bellows at them

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I think whichever learned frau speculated that she was back in rehab is bang on the money tbh.
I disagree as she's still very active on her Twitter socks (addicted much, Jack?).

Jack is in damage control mode ahead of her book release, she really can't afford another chaos or bad publicity right now. She's lost over 1400 Twitter followers so far this month already.

Searching Twitter, she's now just become a joke and punchline. It'll be interesting how she deals with the ridicule when she does have to Tweet to promote Jack Monroe's Thrifty (Grifty) Kitchen.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Not sure how I feel about them putting out the tip jar tbh.
They're spending a few minutes tweeting and poking fun, I appreciate that, tip jar rattling seems a bit grabby imo. I may be in the minority tho.
Same. I also seem to be in the minority that really don’t think the parody account is actually that good/funny? Could have been done a lot better!

Reactions: 9
How did the dayhab thing go down last time? Did she outwardly say she was going or was it something pieced together by the canal?

Reactions: 12
How did the dayhab thing go down last time? Did she outwardly say she was going or was it something pieced together by the canal?
IIRC the canal managed to figure out which aparthotel she was staying in thanks to some awesome detective work using photos Jack posted online. Once you knew the vague part of London she was in, it was quite easy. Even I managed to track it down.

I don’t remember Jack announcing she was in dayhab, but she breadcrumbed enough details to make it fairly obvious. Think it was the “ODAAT” she embroidered on a denim shirt that swung it.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Another reason for her absence might be moving house to the tiny flat she kept breadcrumbing. After all, the downsizing in preparation was what prompted HH2 in the first place.

I also believe Jack on the boobs, because she is quite broad through the shoulders and upper torso, so band size 38 I can well believe. E cups, sure, when she’s going through one of her husky phases. She doctors her own pics so much that it’s hard to see but on TV you can see that she has that classic cuboid shape. But it’s pretty much the only thing I do believe Jack on.

IIRC the canal managed to figure out which aparthotel she was staying in thanks to some awesome detective work using photos Jack posted online. Once you knew the vague part of London she was in, it was quite easy. Even I managed to track it down.

I don’t remember Jack announcing she was in dayhab, but she breadcrumbed enough details to make it fairly obvious. Think it was the “ODAAT” she embroidered on a denim shirt that swung it.
She also went full Million Little Pieces / Cuckoos Nest after the fact with her tales of tossing chairs in group therapy (spoiler: never happened dude) but eventually through many hugs and careful love she was able to open her frozen heart and became so well recovered that everyone said she was the most recoveredest person ever recovered and everyone clapped, whereupon the therapists gave her a job at the dayhab.

then, alas! A return to Southend, where there be ❄

• Haha
Reactions: 49
I disagree as she's still very active on her Twitter socks (addicted much, Jack?).

Jack is in damage control mode ahead of her book release, she really can't afford another chaos or bad publicity right now. She's lost over 1400 Twitter followers so far this month already.

Searching Twitter, she's now just become a joke and punchline. It'll be interesting how she deals with the ridicule when she does have to Tweet to promote Jack Monroe's Thrifty (Grifty) Kitchen.
I agree, but the book release is another three months away. How the hell is she going to manage to either stay off Twitter as herself or restrain herself from doing much more than posting occasional photos of slop and Content until January?

• Haha
Reactions: 22
ALL the kids are wearing them now. Crocs are the new sliders.
No no no. 🔺 I love sliders. I have a pale blue adidas logo pair for indoors and a classic navy three stripe pair for outdoors. The only crocs I’ve tolerated the look of have been those special edition Gregg’s ones at Primark. Yes, everyone tells me that crocs are so comfortable but no. No no no. They are the Gregggg Wallace of footwear.

I suppose Jack makes crocs by using a hole punch on an old tyre? We shall see in Grifty Kitchen (£19.99 or discount rate via Jack of £19.99).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Doubt she can afford rehab now. No rich partners to fleece.
I’ve no doubt her parents would pay if she asked them. I disagree with the speculated orthodoxy on the last dayhab in that I believe her ‘rents paid For that and not LJC.

I totally believe that Big Dave and Big Momma give in to Jacks every whim in order to keep the peace and she consistently throws it back in their faces

• Sad
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.