Jack Monroe #411 More flounces than an 80s wedding dress.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was kicked out of secondary school in year 10. At the governors meeting, the head of key stage 4 begged the governors to let me sit my GCSEs early, he said he knew I’d pass with high grades. I have never heard of this happening, and it didn’t (governors refused, my behaviour in the meeting didn’t help, as I was an absolute twat) Like you, I’m not gifted, I just got high marks. If a school knows you will get those grades, they will bend over backwards to get you in that exam room. I imagine jack got some high marks in her SATs and has exaggerated that heavily. Not a chance would they refuse someone they thought was “gifted”.

I thought she claimed to have been kicked out of school though? Can anyone clear this up for me (as much as any of her contradictions can be cleared up).

Reactions: 25
I'm just catching up on a few pages so apologises if this has been mentioned but wasn't the green eggs and ham bake or whatever it is a recipe of that post-it wall of recipes she posted ages ago? I'm sure it was. She said she had soooooo many recipes to choose from for her book. I can't remember what book as Grifty Kitchen has taken 84 years.

Reactions: 25
Mystery older policelady was suspected, purely because it was pre-Allegra and that’s the only previous girlfriend we knew of

Reactions: 26
I seem to recall she got kicked out for smuggling out (or in?) a scalpel. There are multiple versions of the story floating about though. Centuries from now, scholars will say ‘Never mind whether Oedipus actually shagged his mother or just married her, does anyone have a conclusive answer for Jack Monroe’s school exclusion??’

Reactions: 37
ENJOY!

Reactions: 13
The Bookseller promotion of Grifty Kitchen on Twitter, calling Jack a national treasure.
A squig replied "Read the room".

At the Sloppies I think there should be a read the room award, or fingers in ears award, for media/journalists pretending that nothing has changed.

Reactions: 53
Someone who was (allegedly) at school with her popped in recently and said the scalpel thing was true but as it was the end of year 11 they didn't officially kick her out. Then she fucked her GCSEs and wouldn't have got into sixth form anyway.

Reactions: 34
I would imagine Jack took her GCSEs. Didn’t pass very many and only scraped through on the ones she got. She didn’t therefore have good enough grades to go onto the sixth form and A levels, which is where Westcliff High takes in girls from other schools to do their A levels. I went to Westcliff girls and did my A levels there

Reactions: 30

Daily Mail link:

Reactions: 45
I agree with this. She says stuff and then remembers that people can go and ask Allegra - same with the sadfishing post she did about the Burberry studded leather jacket and 'an ex' telling her she wasn't butch enough for it. Sounded exactly like something Leggy would say too, lol

Reactions: 36
View attachment 1627896
A new slop! Another recipe in progress! Another insistence on telling us how many people are (supposedly) in her household!
Recipe in progress - That should be the name of her new book. Imagine a beautifully bound book filled with pictures of food - no recipes just vague promises of one day.
Chapters include “I’ll ping it over when I go downstairs” and “Here’s my riff on…”

Reactions: 40
Oh LJC. I knew about 1 which was gross enough and even worse that it’s the blurb for a recipe I a published book. The shame. I did not know about 2 which is frankly just cringe-making. She’s got absolutely no class as at all.

Reactions: 17
Yes I’ve been pondering this when Leggy comes up-what shocks me most is that Jack had a taste of that world and misses and hankers for it, rather than congratulating herself for escaping a life of pretentious middle-class tedium.

Reactions: 32
It's utterly bizarre to me how much she compartmentalises the social media websites - you look at Twitter and the vibes are "'im taking a break from the hateful internet ARE YOU HAPPY TROLLS" but over on insta she's posting macaroni and cheese

She definitely has a social media addiction - she barely uses insta except when she's not on twitter, it's like she just needs to fill the void with something

Reactions: 52
I'm sure she's said that she got kicked out of school but didn't tell her parents? . How the fuck did that happen? Oh wait...

Reactions: 29
Presumably, Tits Fiancée (as she’ll be known as going forward) would have been pre-Leggy. So Jack went into the relationship with a lesbian who sent her oyster clitorises, while still exploring a trans identity. I feel that’s something you should tell your partner before you book the moving van and take her down Harvester.

Their relationship sounds absolutely mental and exhausting. Jack must have been like a pig in shit with her new fancy London house and the media connections. I bet once the honeymoon period wore off that went downhill fast.

Reactions: 53
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.