Jack Monroe #411 More flounces than an 80s wedding dress.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And it says she was in Tanzania? I thought that if this was true she would mention it more? Ive literally never heard her talk about working with Oxfam in Tanzania, but maybe Ive only been following the chaos for a short period of time.
There are/were some very old Tanzania posts on Jack's Instagram but I can't be arsed scrolling to see if they are still there.

Do we not think shes hinting at a new partner? household of 3?
She currently has a housemate.

Last edited:
Reactions: 25
duck me that book looks tedious though. I can just imagine it being full of wacky Reddit style humour like ‘what if you got attacked by a bacon narwhal?’
xkcd is brilliant - albeit for the science nerds amongst us

Reactions: 17
She's been✨mysterious✨ about it for a while - she claims to have a lodger who likes long walks and manual labor, but who doesn't seem to pay rent or need a bedroom or help around the house in any way. Except to looooove every meal Jack cooks for them.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
She's been✨mysterious✨ about it for a while - she claims to have a lodger who likes long walks and manual labor, but who doesn't seem to pay rent or need a bedroom or help around the house in any way. Except to looooove every meal Jack cooks for them.
A dog, then

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Her content and cooper, bet they passed. Ooooft full mummy
“No more please Mummy, no more bread and jam baked greens, eggs and ham baked macaroni vomity stuff, Mummy” 🐶 🐱

Went down a storm= Jack taking a few tentative bites, binning the lot and phoning Deliveroo
I’m pretty sure “went down a storm” is a euphemism for the massive indigestion as it went through all its victims faster than gooseshit slides through a tin horn (as they say in these here parts).

Never mind one bed left in the house, if three actual people ate that monstrosity, I hope there are at least three toilets and a fuckton of bog roll in the crappy bungalow

EDIT not sure why I spoilered one swear but didn’t even enter my head to do the two others. #BeKind(to Geese), I guess?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 36

Also Ive just been rereading this article with her and Leggy: Jack Monroe and Allegra McEvedy: We’re teaching the kids that food is about more than fuel | Family | The Guardian

And it says she was in Tanzania? I thought that if this was true she would mention it more? Ive literally never heard her talk about working with Oxfam in Tanzania, but maybe Ive only been following the chaos for a short period of time.

View attachment 1627945
Why does she always have to create a problem when there isn’t one? The Brits don’t have an eating with hands phobia, we’re the nation of the sandwich ffs. Our most popular fast food vendor is Greggs. Jack loves to invent problems that don’t exist just so she can position herself as an innovator, like when she tried to pretend that using ordinary rice to make risotto was an internet breaking act of iconoclasm.

• Haha
Reactions: 57

Also Ive just been rereading this article with her and Leggy: Jack Monroe and Allegra McEvedy: We’re teaching the kids that food is about more than fuel | Family | The Guardian

View attachment 1627945
She’s a really nasty piece of work who always has to throw shade at someone. What she says about her son here, in isolation this might be tolerable but she has form for it, like the constantly mocking and undermining of Louisa in her social media posts.

Here she is back in Leggy days when there’s no way in the world she’d dare do it to Leggy herself, “bless him, my silly son who tried to eat a taco with a knife and fork”.

You have a pattern of doing this Jack, and it doesn’t reflect well on you. In fact, makes you look like a pathetic bullying twit.

• Sad
Reactions: 51
duck me that book looks tedious though. I can just imagine it being full of wacky Reddit style humour like ‘what if you got attacked by a bacon narwhal?’
I got my ex the first one years ago and it wasn't quite that bad (but then again I do browse reddit) 😅 it's the xkcd comics bloke. Definitely better than a slop manual.

Reactions: 10
Thank~space~ you, kind plushy velvet one, I shall investigate further as it sounds rather awesome.😘
(I have practically zero knowledge of literature unfortunately:rolleyes:, George Orwell and Jane Austin could be my saving graces lol, not that that gives me any credibility. Unlike certain smol pixies though, I'm quite happy to admit I don't know everything. My grammar school was a bag of shite, as good old Paul Calf* would say.)

*Doesn't that seem a long, long time ago? Happy days!😁
Paul / pauline calf and mapp and Lucia all remind me of my long ago youth
Not really adding value to the thread but need an in somehow 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Paul / pauline calf and mapp and Lucia all remind me of my long ago youth
Not really adding value to the thread but need an in somehow 🤣
Here’s a much more fitting entrance for you dearest @Shawads ❤ I’m always pleased to see you pop up!
08862746-D728-4043-8A75-76455C8B198C.gif

On topic: Jack is awful and cannot cook. Or sing. Or do poetry. Or play the piano. Or present. Or earn her own income. Or even talk properly without sounding like her adenoids are about to explode in a tsunami of snot these days.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Remember Jack's oh so quirky hobby of collecting shopping lists? That she was wildly passionate about but never mentioned it before or since?
A more dedicated person has put together an exhibition and book, and has a write up in guardian. Amazing what can be acheived by applying ones self and seeing a project through to completion. eta sorry this image is huge. no idea how to minimise. x
Screenshot_20221005-151603_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Not sure how I feel about them putting out the tip jar tbh.
They're spending a few minutes tweeting and poking fun, I appreciate that, tip jar rattling seems a bit grabby imo. I may be in the minority tho.
I agree but I think everyone does it nowadays, at least she is honest, says its for her and there's no manupulation

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.