Jack Monroe #411 More flounces than an 80s wedding dress.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh my days, the Allegra and JM fisting clip. I wonder if that was the actual moment Allegra thought I must get her out of my life immediately.

That was soooooo embarrassing! I. Can’t. Even.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 52
Not sure how I feel about them putting out the tip jar tbh.
They're spending a few minutes tweeting and poking fun, I appreciate that, tip jar rattling seems a bit grabby imo. I may be in the minority tho.
No, you're not in the minority - my first thought was the same. I almost felt a bit let down really. Parodying is fine and what have you, but then setting up a Ko-Fi for it and getting people to donate? They then literally ARE asking for money for the content, which is what they said they wouldn't do (even in a round about poking fun at JM way) Nah. Not on really.

Then I started to wonder is this parody account ACTUALLY JM trolling herself, trolling us - and thereby getting another income stream going. Then I gave myself a good talking to and went to make a brew, because my god she's exhausting even when she's not posting much....

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Then I started to wonder is this parody account ACTUALLY JM trolling herself, trolling us
It could be. It certainly tweets a lot.. might be a Jacky sock and it's scratch the itch for her.

I think the parody account is piss taking by putting up a Ko-fi. You don’t get much from it & it’s actually a clever way to highlight Jack’s begging. Although they missed a trick with the thankyou
It's have been funnier if they'd set up a patreon account, but turned it off so no one could actually sign up. (I believe it has that capacity)

• Haha
Reactions: 27
They're spending a few minutes tweeting and poking fun, I appreciate that, tip jar rattling seems a bit grabby imo. I may be in the minority tho.
Yeah, that’s gone from funny to grabbing and…dare one say…grifting

Reactions: 12
I don’t like the Ko-fi being up either. I don’t like anyone at all - no exceptions - having them though.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
No, you're not in the minority - my first thought was the same. I almost felt a bit let down really. Parodying is fine and what have you, but then setting up a Ko-Fi for it and getting people to donate. They then literally ARE asking for money for the content, which is what they said they wouldn't do (even in a round about poking fun at JM way) Nah. Not on really.

Then I started to wonder is this parody account ACTUALLY JM trolling herself, trolling us - and thereby betting another income stream going. Then I gave myself a good talking to and went to make a brew, because my god she's exhausting even when she's not posting much....
From how they've presented it on Twitter I think it's more of a trolling pisstake than anything and I don't see it raising much because they're not really pushing it in that way. I suspect you'll find that I'm probably in the minority in that I really don't care about people having tip jars, I just see it as online busking. Where I get annoyed is when people lie about needing money or giving to charity but someone saying upfront - if you want to support my content, here's the tip jar is fine with me. I kick in the handsome sum of a fiver a month to someone's blog that I really enjoy reading because I want to support their writing and I'm quite happy to do so. I don't feel that I'm being conned, I just see it as offering a small bit of encouragement.

I do think the whole business of online collecting does need looked at as there are clearly bad actors- I just read an article this morning about someone who has raised over $100,000 for various purposes but in part to sue the police over an incident where the alleged victim has changed their story multiple times and their witness contradicts them, then backed out of because the police are now being nice to them. They appear to have spent the money moving to Europe and broadcasting their whereabouts and travel arrangements whilst claiming to be cyber stalked. It's all very Jack on steroids. The law really needs to look at this stuff and there should be an automatic entitlement to a refund when agreement is breached. This might also prevent people setting up tip jars and fundraisers on a whim and failing to consider whether they can deliver on what is promised whether that is perks, some sort of legal action, a charitable purpose or something else.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
These are lovely little fritters, we've made them many times - the book is fab, for anyone who doesn't have it (I know many here already do) x
Ordering it now, because that man knows how to moisten a courgette fritter and I feel vindicated. 250ml my arse. I ❤ you, new to me Miguel.

ETA: but which Miguel will be my first Miguel: Super Easy, Green, Meat-free, Storecupboard, Super Easy, or Fast and Fresh?
*fans self*
*takes a moment*

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
That tip is to pretend she has a super busy life and has no time to put together outfits (like the dyeing black phase). When we know that if she is rushing out the door to be in tv she just puts on the ‘pov jumper’.

If she stops using SM do we have to close down? What’s the minimum amount of SM she needs to keep up?

• Wow
Reactions: 12
The parody-fella's tip-jar is ABSOLUTELY FINE. It goes out of its way to say exactly what it is, that it's a tip jar and nothing else, it's for handing over one single small amount if you're in any way amused. It's the very OPPOSITE of what Jack does and <pseud alert> is in itself a slightly (emphasis on slightly) witty way of flagging up how mendacious Jack's approach was and is.

If it was me, I'd run it like a month like that, then publish it all and give it to a non-Tussell small charity - that might yet be the goal. Even if it isn't, fair f*cks.

• Heart
Reactions: 69
I think it's a piss take, not meant to be taken seriously? A parody of Jack's tip jar usage. That's how I took it upon reading anyway.

Reactions: 37
Screenshot 2022-10-05 13.39.37.png

Should add the parody account is looking for fundraisers to promote on their feed where the funding goes direct to the charity, if anyone has any suggestions.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
I don’t like the Ko-fi being up either. I don’t like anyone at all - no exceptions - having them though.
I’m hoping they’ll run it a while then donate to a charity publishing receipts going “how easy was that even with my scatty ADHD tiny brain”

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I think the parody tweeter also having a tip jar is pretty funny tbh. I wouldn't give to it but.....it's very Jack. Maybe that's why she got the hole about it. Diversion of funds? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.