Jack Monroe #41 No one else gaslights or fights for 'likes' like Jack Monroe. Oops.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Monroe only got her diagnosis of autism a few years’ back, prompted by her inability to learn to drive, roundabouts and junctions being a particular hazard. “I just freeze, like a blackout. It happens in other areas of my life too,” she says. -https://www.scotsman.com/arts-and-c...-tins-twitter-and-talking-about-gender-102271

It just does not add up. Sorry.
Or perhaps it should say Monroe was diagnosed with autism as a child, but her parents kept the diagnosis secret. She only learned of it when her GP made a passing reference, having seen it in her records.

Which one was it? 🤔

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Jesus Christ, the number of times I’ve taken scissors to my hair when I’ve been really in the grips of bad mental health... she’s not ok this is just one of those really ‘up’ times 😳

• Sad
Reactions: 18
I don’t drive and froze at junctions, roundabouts but it turns out I was just tit at driving and quite frankly, a menace on the roads .

I’m not on the Spectrum , just a tit driver.
Me too! I’m never going to be a driver because, well, I was utterly crap at it.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
@SoulRebel is craft business owner on the list?

Also this is interesting
View attachment 175290
Why would he not pay child support? And why would she not go through the CMS to forcibly claim it?

He obviously was not a deadbeat if he was having him two nights a week and buying him things. Why would he draw the line at making sure he had enough food? That makes no sense
The thing is. We don’t know enough about the dads circumstances. Full time employment means little. There are people who work full time who are on the breadline or just above it.

I assume the dad is around the same age as her so would have been in his early 20s at the time. She wrote an article in the guardian saying how great her sons father was.

If he had the child two nights a week he was being fed two nights a week.

I always got the impression her parents wanted to do more but she said no. Her mum spoke to the Sunday people at the time as well.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
[
View attachment 175322

‘Bangs’ I’m surprised she didn’t use her trusty bread knife. It’s ok to have normal scissors, Jack. Not every tale needs a twist.
[/QUOTE]
“Bangs” .... brings me back to my Babysitter Club and Sweet Valley High days.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Jesus Christ, the number of times I’ve taken scissors to my hair when I’ve been really in the grips of bad mental health... she’s not ok this is just one of those really ‘up’ times 😳
Yep, my first thought too. Starting to recognise patterns in her behaviour now and it's making me uncomfortable.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
I absolutely LOVED HH... even my dad picked up a copy now and then. I think my favourites were the Greeks and the Vikings. My mum used to mutter that Deary was a Tory, but at least I was ready and engaging with history.
You (or your mum) will be pleased to learn he is far from a Tory! https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2012/jul/14/terry-deary-horrible-histories

I adored the HH books. I rinsed my local library of the entire collection growing up 😂 The perfect kind of book that encourages you to question everything - past and present.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
If there could be a soundtrack to Jack’s threads what would it contain?
I’m starting with What The Hell Is It This Time by Sparks

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Can’t keep up but I’m really disgusted with her focus on a particular weight and her mentioning the manics song and making up some totally bullshit story for more attention. Urgh. Vile.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
A poor little urchin like Jack couldn't afford that! 🙃
Plus she doesn’t really strike me as the sort to buy other people gifts (unless it is a copy of one of her manky books) - she just expects to receive them.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.