Jack Monroe #41 No one else gaslights or fights for 'likes' like Jack Monroe. Oops.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I went to Grammar School. Have never earned anything close to £27K and my career includes being a bank manager in the early 90s.
Honestly! I was on £700-850 pm (zero hours so there was variation) aged 23, often working six day weeks to make up for the times where my shifts were cancelled. I walked 3 miles back and forth to work each day 'cos I couldn't afford public transport. That's when I first heard of JM and made the mistake of wasting my food budget on her cookbook and on ingredients to use in her recipes. They didn't work. Also sorry, I don't want to harp on about myself too much cos I am not in that position now. And I know I was a in relatively privileged position compared to others - no disability or dependents. But it fucks me off when she really has been afforded a largely privileged life aside from a couple of years and still has a begging bowl out to this day.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
To be honest they both come off as insufferable beasts - but I did laugh when the grandfather was brought up and she goes, ‘My grandfather is DEAD.’

Not that it’s funny her grandfather is dead, of course - just the dramatic way she says it, like she’s a character in Days our Lives.
I'm still surprised by people who have living grandparents after the age of about 20. I'd expect them to have lost most, if not all of them by their mid twenties.

It's what comes of actually being working class - the reduced lifespan.

And Edwina was significantly older than that. Why would she think an adult woman would react like an upset teenager to something that, in her experience, would have happened years ago?

Reactions: 28
Relationships tend not to last if one person needs coddling all the time. It's exhausting to have to listen to endless woe-is-me laments, interspersed with rants about perceived slights and wrongdoings. One of the things Jack said before they broke up was that Louisa would often have to cut short her nights out to return to Jack having a wobble.

I've been in that situation before - a rare night out with my friends would always be interrupted by my ex phoning with pleas to come home because they were ill/sad/drunk/insert excuse here. I was blind to how manipulative it was. They just couldn't stand me having a life of my own. And I feel really sorry for Louisa if she went through something similar with Jack. It's such a headfuk. I hope she can relax and enjoy life again.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
C5ADFDFB-D37F-463F-83E5-EDC8E7607479.jpeg

Fan called the loose women ‘old hags’. Quite right, Jack. Although it will annoy the fan.

• Haha
  • Angry
One of the things Jack said before they broke up was that Louisa would often have to cut short her nights out to return to Jack having a wobble.
No wonder Louisa left. She goes out, enjoys herself with friends, lives her life - and then gets a crisis call from Jack, which ruins her night. It's so manipulative. Jack just wanted attention, and couldn't cope with the fact that Louisa was not tending to her every need.

Ooh I love it when she gets all cowboy lawyerly with her prima facies and her torts
When I was a student a friend of mine did law. He said "tort" is just anything that isn't covered by a specific area of law. And you avoid using the word, if you can, because it's used my non-lawyer people who think they know something about law!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I'm still surprised by people who have living grandparents after the age of about 20. I'd expect them to have lost most, if not all of them by their mid twenties.

It's what comes of actually being working class - the reduced lifespan.

And Edwina was significantly older than that. Why would she think an adult woman would react like an upset teenager to something that, in her experience, would have happened years ago?
I didn’t lose my gran till I was 41. My grandpa on the other hand died when I was 9. (Cancer).

Tbh. As much as I don’t like Edwina all she was trying to do was point out that Jack didn’t come from a poor family.

What irks me the most is that Jack says she was in poverty for two years. I’ve been on benefits much longer than that. Mostly when I worked as well.

I worked in a gym 13 hours a week 8 years ago. In the beginning it was 9 and I got keeping the first fiver of my wages and then the dwp basically took the rest. I’ve done jobs like that a few times.

Even my first job (community education worker). I was on just over 14k a year for a 35 hour week.

My mum was a teacher all her days and in the beginning she struggled financially. Starting salaries were low and it is possible to work full time and still struggle

She isn’t poor. She’s not the poverty spokesperson for a generation either. Much as she thinks she is she really isn’t.

Reactions: 27
Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 15.47.08.png

It's not a competition, Jack! Zero help? Don't you share custody? Jimmy-Nail-shes-lying.JPEG

ETA: If she feels like this deep down though then it is really sad :( I normally refuse to comment on SB but he has never looking nothing but well looked after, despite everything that goes on with her.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
It's not going to happen and JM has really hit DW when he is already down but I would love to see clips of him reading from her dodgy recipes (tinned meat rinsing etc). But he has bigger fish to fry than deal with this self absorbed irritant.

Harper Collins are leaving her to it to figuratively give her enough rope.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Just watched the Edwina Currie clip on dailymotion - it was a programme called The Big Benefits Row.

Wow. She gets very angry when she's exposed and resorts to shouting that her granddad is dead (don't know how this changes the fact he owned property?) And also that she failed grammar school and only got 4 GCSEs (also don't see how this has any relevance on the fact that she's from a wealthy family). Just because you were well off but stupid doesn't mean you can get away with saying you're poor, Jack.

I mean this whole "hard to pronounce name" crap is hilarious as well. The word Tutelage is not a difficult word... I mean maybe 4 GCSEs Jack finds it hard but for most people it would be easy?

• Haha
Reactions: 32
So, just thinking aloud here and mulling it over but....

From what she's tweeted, it seems her son returned from his Dad's with a new book, and for some reason she went wild over it.

Is it a coincidence that the book is called World's Worst Parents? What I mean is, did she take offence to this, and see it as a dig? If she
But some people do but when she’s cornered in knots even she can’t untangle she dismisses it with: “I have a CHILD to look after/I’m a PARENT, you know/I ACTUALLY have WORK to do today/and of course, the Classic: I’M BUSY”.

Plus, the block button is her best friend so anyone that doesn’t grovel accordingly enough at her feet go bye-bye.
Or worse, she weaponises whatever ailment she is currently suffering with to silence any perceived challenge to her bullshit narrative. A thoroughly unpleasant individual.

Reactions: 23
View attachment 174916
Fan called the loose women ‘old hags’. Quite right, Jack. Although it will annoy the fan.
She's fine with using misogynist language when it comes to her detractors ("the coven" of "pathetic hausfrau"), though.

View attachment 174926

It's not a competition, Jack! Zero help? Don't you share custody? Jimmy-Nail-shes-lying.JPEG

ETA: If she feels like this deep down though then it is really sad :( I normally refuse to comment on SB but he has never looking nothing but well looked after, despite everything that goes on with her.
She's so determined to win gold in the Oppression Olympics that she can't even show a shred of sympathy. This poor woman is obviously reaching out and she just has to get it in that she's doing Just As Badly (even though SB is evidently away often enough that she has missed a significant portion of his reading development...)

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.