Jack Monroe #41 No one else gaslights or fights for 'likes' like Jack Monroe. Oops.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have always wondered why, with such a wonderful family, (they are Foster Carers too) and also the child's father and his family, did Jack put her child through such a terrible time of dire poverty. Pride? Did she put her child through that misery to make a point? I do not get it. You want to make a point, fair enough put yourself through whatever you like, but sacrific your child?
She didn’t. I think lies to get attention. And then it was picked up by the press.

Reactions: 12
I'm fascinated by this 'I'm not going anywhere' line she's parroting (honey, we KNOW). Like what is her end goal? That DW's books be taken off the shelves? That Harper Collins admit they're TERRIBLE BIGOTS? That she gets to go to court again (cos she's seemingly baiting DW's legal team)? Or is it just good old fashioned attention?? WHO KNOWS!
No, she’s not going anywhere because she’s got nowhere to go ; no place of work , no meetings for her next project ( because there isn’t one) so sitting at home rearranging her teething necklaces and twatting about
DW is all she’s got.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
So, just thinking aloud here and mulling it over but....

From what she's tweeted, it seems her son returned from his Dad's with a new book, and for some reason she went wild over it.

Is it a coincidence that the book is called World's Worst Parents? What I mean is, did she take offence to this, and see it as a dig? If she was already feeling very fragile mentally, perhaps she was triggered in some way by the title. We all get parent guilt sometimes and things can be blown out of proportion when we feel vulnerable.

I don't know, I'm starting to get my usual pity for her and feeling sad that she seems to spend her whole life in a rage, searching for negative things to focus on. I know she's awful, but I feel sad for her again.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
She didn’t. I think lies to get attention. And then it was picked up by the press.
I think she said she was too ashamed to seek help. In this context, I'd rather swallow my pride and avoid selling my child's favourite cuddly toy dinosaur but there we are.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Moreover, if you combined the cost of all the Cotsworld sideboards, extra iPhones, Dyson fans and so forth, she probably would be about 1/3 of the way to a 10% deposit for a 2 bedroom flat somewhere. She could even use help to buy/first time buyer schemes. My friend recently bought a lovely house where the council own 30% of it (and she and her partner are salaried at around £20k p/a each).

I've not been on benefits myself but I'm genuinely curious if this would impact your credit rating to the extent JM says - i.e. she can't get a mortgage? She never talks about being in debt when she went through poverty, just about having no ingoings. I may be totally wrong here, but just wondering.
When she says “poverty hangover” what she really means is debt hangover. She’s admitted she’s accrued debts and I’m assuming she had a difficult year or two being on benefits and was unable to pay them off. But surely she should have paid them off by now. If she has a poor credit rating then that’s a result of her own poor financial management, nothing else. We’ve seen her splashing out on some fancy stuff, smeg, Vivian westward clothing and the cotswolds catalog. This money could have been saved towards a deposit. She also lived with very well off partners for a time, why didn’t she save then? Being a home owner doesn’t quite fit with the brand though does it? Which is a relief because I’d miss sniggering at “it’s rented!”.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 13.44.21.png

I think everyone who works a job handling cash has felt this way? Especially as things has continually gone more and more cashless since what, the 80s? I've never even owned £50 note... does that make me Oliver Twist?

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
View attachment 174818

I think everyone who works a job handling cash has felt this way? Especially as things has continually gone more and more cashless since what, the 80s? I've never even owned £50 note... does that make me Oliver Twist?
If you were paying the locum daily out of the till, then I'm assuming the till contained more than their daily wage. So by looking into the till at any given point before handing over the cash, you could've seen MORE than you had to hand them. Why is she so obsessed with how much money other people have? It's really weird.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
View attachment 174818

What I don’t understand is how this job was never mentioned before, and is now constantly referenced?? When was she doing this? Before or after she battled out of control fires, or before or after she spent 3 months - 2 years in abject poverty, or before or after she then became saint jack of slop? Whennnnn???

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Would be a bit of a boring (and short) book if there's no description of what the characters look like. Anyone read Lee Childs books? He goes to great lengths to describe Jack Reacher as a tall, brooding man as this is a big part of his character and it's also why people were pissed off when Tom Cruise was cast as him in the film!
This ^^^^^^^
I’m a huge Reacher fan and my mental image of him (like a 6ft 5’ Nick Nolte) was ruined!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
This ^^^^^^^
I’m a huge Reacher fan and my mental image of him (like a 6ft 5’ Nick Nolte) was ruined!
Tom may be a Maverick but he doesn't have hands the size of supermarket roast chickens like Jack* does

*Reacher, not Monroe, to be clear!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
So, just thinking aloud here and mulling it over but....

From what she's tweeted, it seems her son returned from his Dad's with a new book, and for some reason she went wild over it.

Is it a coincidence that the book is called World's Worst Parents? What I mean is, did she take offence to this, and see it as a dig? If she was already feeling very fragile mentally, perhaps she was triggered in some way by the title. We all get parent guilt sometimes and things can be blown out of proportion when we feel vulnerable.

I don't know, I'm starting to get my usual pity for her and feeling sad that she seems to spend her whole life in a rage, searching for negative things to focus on. I know she's awful, but I feel sad for her again.
Go back and read last weekends tit show re the Ouchy Mouth and the Kitten. That should bring you back around. I feel empathy for anyone whose been dealt a crappy hand in life but in the grand scheme of things she really hasn't and in any case has the money and the connections to get herself sorted properly if she so wished. Not everyone has that opportunity or privilege. She chooses instead to maintain a massive chip on her shoulder and lash out at anyone and everyone depending on her current mood and attack and retreat and then try to hide the worst of her vitriolic ramblings and outright lies. She is selfish and narcisstic and triggering and cares about noone but herself. She doesn't deserve your empathy.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I am surprised she hasn't been served with a Cease and Desist by now though.

Perhaps they really are viewing her as just a mere speck.

1594126455855.png

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.