Jack Monroe #41 No one else gaslights or fights for 'likes' like Jack Monroe. Oops.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The French have a saying that translates as “yearning for the mud”, for when wealthy people fetishise being poor. I think it probably applies to her.
Plenty of mud around our beloved Thames Estuary :LOL: Someone on the last thread expressed interest in chatting about plants, if you are still reading I am 100% here for that FYI

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
View attachment 174818

I think everyone who works a job handling cash has felt this way? Especially as things has continually gone more and more cashless since what, the 80s? I've never even owned £50 note... does that make me Oliver Twist?
Do you mean the locum who had to complete a four year university degree to obtain an MPharm? You mean they earned more than you?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
Plenty of mud around our beloved Thames Estuary :LOL: Someone on the last thread expressed interest in chatting about plants, if you are still reading I am 100% here for that FYI
I have a passionfruit plant that has stayed alive for two years now, but is still just one strangly bit that grows tall in summer and dies back down in winter. Can I save it? How?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Here's what she said about her last sponsor/AA when she was here. Thread 31, post 549.

View attachment 174689
I've not gotten through the whole thread thing but the 'I just seem to bleeping pick'em' comment here really stood out to me.

I've suspected that my mum is a covert narcissist for a few years. Being a covert narc, it was less obvious than your Trump/Johnson type, but looking back and having had therapy, there's a lot of things that I've realised were problematic.

Now it may be that it is true about the AA experience because these things do happen. However, one thing I noticed about my mum is that she has no friends. She has spectacular fallings out with people, she even tried to get the police on her ex-friends! My mum didn't join any social media for a long time, but when she joined Facebook, a friend of hers welcomed her. And my mum replied 'I took some convincing because I seem to attract weirdos.' I remember reading it thinking 'is it really them though, or is it you?' Similarly, I had a friend once who liked to complain to me about her work, her friends, her housemates. Every single housemate was bad. Every work colleague was bad. Every friend was awful to her. At a certain point, I began to wonder if maybe it wasn't the other people who were the problem. Eventually, I became the problem and the 'bad friend' when I wasn't thankful enough over her doing something I'd asked her not to do.

I feel sorry for SB. Imagine coming home with a book you are enjoying and then your mum going berzerk and yelling at the author on Twitter. If I were him, I wouldn't want to tell her ever again about what I was reading or listening to or enjoying. It's very sad.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Nows the time that the local electrical company or perhaps the internet needs to have some down time. I think she needs a wee break to rest( recharge)

Reactions: 9
What I don’t understand is how this job was never mentioned before, and is now constantly referenced?? When was she doing this? Before or after she battled out of control fires, or before or after she spent 3 months - 2 years in abject poverty, or before or after she then became saint jack of slop? Whennnnn???
exactly , can someone add this and repost to the long list of past jobs?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I will say it again loudly for the fans at the back.....
THEY ARE NOT HAVING A ROW WITH HER. SHE IS HAVING A TANTRUM AND THEY ARE IGNORING HER

apologies for capitals but I was shouting very loudly....
It would be a bit like me saying I was having a row with Donald Trump because I was shouting shut the duck up you ignorant orange bleep when I heard him on the radio.

they are honestly treating her like a toddler and talking to the adults over her head. It is very funny.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
As much add I don't particularly like Walliams, I hope his next book is titled "The tit Chef", or some such (Ratburger has already been taken) and is about a scrawny, self - opinionated hypochondriac, with a kitchen full of out-of-date tins and cartons but a secret cupboard stashed to the brim with Waitrose expensive non-essentials.
It could be a cautionary little tale of the perils and consequences of claiming to be far more qualified than one really is, while at the same time constantly having to swim furiously up-stream against a tide of injustice and victimisation.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
I still can't believe Jack hasn't been asked about the racist connotations of the word 'bootstrap'. I know it was mentioned previously here but if she's going to dig down further with this teacher thing she needs to look at herself as well.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.