Jack Monroe #41 No one else gaslights or fights for 'likes' like Jack Monroe. Oops.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why does she think Harper Collins give a duck? Does she really think they're going to come on Twitter and engage with her? If they do nothing, this will go away on its own - he's sold over 30 million books!?

Also, she does understand DW isn't running that Twitter account, right? He's not sat in his basement raging about this...it's just a corporate account.

Quite, quite mad.
I think this is what she doesn’t get, I doubt aJ O manages his account either therefore doesn’t care. He has better things to do, it’s probably totally incomprehensible to her that “ slebs” don’t spend all their time on twitter

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I caught the tail.end and yes that is what she said - 'why should characters be described by how they look?' 🤦‍♀️ When did that become a problem?
Would be a bit of a boring (and short) book if there's no description of what the characters look like. Anyone read Lee Childs books? He goes to great lengths to describe Jack Reacher as a tall, brooding man as this is a big part of his character and it's also why people were pissed off when Tom Cruise was cast as him in the film!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
I am loving the irony of her sycophantic followers, continuing to fan the flames of this continued pile on, which is ultimately bringing about her loosing credibility, especially in the publishing and blue tick world.

Reactions: 20
Ugh. A private fb group I'm in has starting mentioning all this bollocks, and how awful it is. Tried to get in that Jack isn't exactly the right on person they think she is, but I did not mention here. I like my social media in compartments 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 43
To get a referral to a private facility is incredibly difficult though, and would have taken a lot of social and health workers advocating for her for a sustained period of time. From what I know she’d have had to have gone to day treatments and all that lot beforehand, it’s sort of a last chance saloon sort of deal not just a nice lil paid for retreat. She’d have been more likely to get shipped up north to a public service if it was through NHS, rather than just coincidentally landing in the most well known treatment centre in the country. Makes sense Allegra would have helped though.
Did she claim to go to Roehampton? Because the Priory are a group with numerous sites. The people I know were London-based and admitted locally after acute breakdowns (via NHS). They have been involved with a lot of scandal, definitely not a retreat https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/my-daughter-one-12-who-15246974.amp

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
I wonder how many were given to schools? 🤔
Any number from 0 to 567 according to that. I wonder how happy the backers would have been to send the books to schools if they'd realised they contained the words "unfuckupable" and "sod it" Luckily no moon howler caught wind of it, so only the mugs who bought a copy for themselves know about it.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
could you imagine what she’s like to live with? I can imagine her talking down to poor SB in her awful “I know best” way whilst being horribly obtuse and defensive. We know she doesn’t take criticism or differences of opinion well.

I’m a few pages behind still, was there any mention on twitter of what SB thinks of his books being confiscated and ruined? 😞
It must also be an uncomfortable experience that the book is okay at dad and step mum’s but not okay here on sooo many levels too. I’m not saying she should accept them but god what a situation to have to approach, also would pay to be a fly on the wall in that household seeing as JM basically said all of his reading of the books happened there 👀

I’m a bit confused by this. I would have thought following protocols and direction and being very accurate and detail oriented were the qualities I’d want in a dispenser. Someone going after solutions doesn’t make sense - in my experience, it’s the pharmacist who provides solutions.
Also same in my experience too, I’ve always had the person at front of house (lol or whatever it’s called) shout back to get an opinion. Unless it’s obvious like oh I need antihistamines etc

Reactions: 16
Would be a bit of a boring (and short) book if there's no description of what the characters look like. Anyone read Lee Childs books? He goes to great lengths to describe Jack Reacher as a tall, brooding man as this is a big part of his character and it's also why people were pissed off when Tom Cruise was cast as him in the film!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
It must also be an uncomfortable experience that the book is okay at dad and step mum’s but not okay here on sooo many levels too. I’m not saying she should accept them but god what a situation to have to approach, also would pay to be a fly on the wall in that household seeing as JM basically said all of his reading of the books happened there 👀
I have issue with this( but fear I am getting too personal) she really needs to talk to her family and sort them out, not sheep who are probably only egging her on because there is naff all to do.

Reactions: 8
Would also strongly advise you to check out thread #31: The One Where Jack Gets A Tattle Account (she came across as a right cock).

Couple of other details:
- she's obsessed with the fact that she lives in a "crappy rented bungalow" but it's actually a beautiful and HUGE detached property.
- she claims to have been in the fire service (and even used her expertise to help out after Grenfell) but in reality she was just a call handler.
- despite making money off the six months she lived on the edge of destitution/ foodbank use, her dad is actually quite high up in the fire service and she had a distinctly middle class childhood, being driven to ballet lessons in a (blue) Range Rover.

- we made her rage by questioning whether her cat was a pedigree. Also she's just got herself a very disabled new kitten for clicks.

She's... quite the character.
Bit in bold: I bleeping knew it! Without knowing anything about her except her Wikipedia, and the fact she goes on about being poor/working class. I just bleeping knew she would be one of these upper-middle class people who larp as poor. Like Lily “council house” Allen. (Who, incidentally, also inserted herself into the Grenfell aftermath)

It’s partly the self-description as working class, living in poverty etc. Real working class or impoverished people don’t revel in making their identity all about being poor.

Another part is that when wealthy people suddenly struggle financially, it’s a massive shock to them. JM was obviously horrified by her brief stint as a peasant. That’s because she’s not used to the conditions in which average people live.

The French have a saying that translates as “yearning for the mud”, for when wealthy people fetishise being poor. I think it probably applies to her.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
It’s so clear that neither Jack nor her fans have any idea about corporate PR or business social media etiquette.

The first rule for businesses is to never engage in a public slanging match with an aggrieved (perceived or otherwise) party, and if potentially brand damaging allegations have been made, you certainly don’t seek to make corrections on such a volatile - and public - platform.

Harper Collins is acting exactly as you’d expect any multinational brand to behave.
Very true. I've mentioned this before. I monitor the social media channel of a very large international organisation. They NEVER get into anything with anyone online. Over the years the organisation has had various allegations levelled at them. I do quite a bit of freelance work for them. They are not evil, they are not corporate (it's in the education sector) and they overall do a lot of good. They sometimes duck up and they work hard to put it right. But they don't do it on Twitter, because they know they would never look good enough.

I would also say, organisations and publishing houses are made up of people. People make mistakes. I def think DW's celebrity status and clout had something to do with the many people involved in producing his books not speaking out or questioning things. I can't believe how she cannot fathom that a freelance proofreader or copyeditor has zero influence over what gets published.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Bit in bold: I bleeping knew it! Without knowing anything about her except her Wikipedia, and the fact she goes on about being poor/working class. I just bleeping knew she would be one of these upper-middle class people who larp as poor. Like Lily “council house” Allen. (Who, incidentally, also inserted herself into the Grenfell aftermath)

It’s partly the self-description as working class, living in poverty etc. Real working class or impoverished people don’t revel in making their identity all about being poor.

Another part is that when wealthy people suddenly struggle financially, it’s a massive shock to them. JM was obviously horrified by her brief stint as a peasant. That’s because she’s not used to the conditions in which average people live.

The French have a saying that translates as “yearning for the mud”, for when wealthy people fetishise being poor. I think it probably applies to her.
Ooh what is it in French? I like that one!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
This, from the NHS website

Pharmacy assistants work as part of a pharmacy team under the direction of a registered pharmacist. The work includes:

• taking in and handing out prescriptions
  • dispensing prescriptions
  • using computer systems to generate stock lists and labels
  • ordering items
  • receiving, loading, unloading deliveries
  • delivering medicines to other parts of a hospital or health centre
  • selling over-the-counter medicines
  • answering customers questions face to face or by phone
  • pre-packing, assembling and labelling medicines
  • preparing medicines
  • referring problems or queries to the pharmacist [so I don't think you had to quickly solve problems with what was available. You had to get the pharmacist to solve the problem. You know, the ones that studied and know about medication and stuff. The ones that will be able to give safe advice. Not you, you plum]

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
She's still reposting that image comparing characters' skin tones, where she's altered the lighting between the pages.

Edit: and she's tagged Harper Collins in it
Jack is DESPERATE for Harper Collins to respond. And the longer they ignore Her the more angry she will get. I can imagine key staff members are pissing themselves laughing.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.