Jack Monroe #41 No one else gaslights or fights for 'likes' like Jack Monroe. Oops.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello Jack

What is it you hope to achieve with your 'reviews' of one authors books? What would be a satisfactory outcome for you?

Reactions: 25
Is it right she’s autistic? Been doing some reading around about this ‘lovely’ person and I’m intrigued as to why she feels she can just do what she does with no forethought for other people?

I’m about to jump into the rabbit hole from thread 31 lol

• Haha
Reactions: 17
THIS IS ALL SPECULATION m'lud but does anyone else ever wonder if she's not being completely honest about her sobriety? It would definitely explain the timings of her psychotic late night twitter rants.
It's not my personal business to get into but yeah, she has posted pictures & referenced relapses that have occurred within the 500+ days she quoted the other day. I can't comment for her more recent antics, but uploading pics of 0.6% ABV beers just a few weeks ago, talking about drinking champagne, referencing misdemeanours at awards shows and the like certainly go some way to discrediting her day count and your sponsor would be quite firm on this too.

• Wow
Reactions: 28
She's such a hypocrite. When she did the Kickstarter, she asked for people to donate copies to schools....

View attachment 174628

This book, which she was asking people to donate to schools so am guessing she was aiming them at kids(??) contains the following recipe....

View attachment 174635
Which along with the delightfully child friendly title, also references anal sex??
I love your detective powers. Nothing can escape.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Her snowflake/avalanche thing - what does Jack hope this is actually going to achieve ie what is her desired endgame? That David Walliams books are banned? Is she hopeful that all 'problematic' children's books are banned? And who will be the arbiter for this? She has got to start reading and addressing other authors then.
There are precedents where countries start banning books and it doesn't generally end well.
did I imagine that Jack wrote some God awful doggerel based on the 'They came for the'

Let me add one;
They came for the books

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Hi coven

I have few thoughts I need to share before I get on with work (guys, I'm BUSY).

First of all, thanks @LennyBriscoe , partner in crime-fighting and unfortunately horrible childhood trauma. I really appreciated your post. I couldn't respond yesterday. It just all got a bit too much. Also hope @MancBee is ok today. And everyone else who has experience of what we are talking about. This thread sure brings up a lot of stuff.

I have to say, I didn't love thread 40 (apart from its amazing title of course). There seemed to be a lot of posts suggesting JM should be sectioned, her child should be taken away from here, etc. I don't like it when this forum takes that tone (and yes, of course, while I'm a cop, I'm not actually the thread police, so you can all do what you want, it's just my 2 cents). It just makes me uncomfortable, a bit like people saying the RSPCC should be called about her kitten. Yes, she's awful, but I personally can't see any evidence for behaviour that would warrant sectioning or other authorities getting involved. She's unhinged on Twitter, but so are many and it doesn't mean she's a terrible parent. I just don't think it's a sensible conclusion to draw.

Regarding DW, I'm much, much more concerned about allegations about his behaviour with teenage girls coming to light. Those text exchanges read very inappropriate and creepy. I cannot see how they can be explained away.

Regardless, her 'book analysis' is just so flawed. Like a previous poster showed, the term 'slag' is used by a horrible character and it illustrates how horrible he is. This is pretty much true of all the examples she cited. I don't like them because I think they are lazy and not funny, but I was obsessed with Goosebumps, which is the epitome of writing by numbers, but I devoured them all. You'll be pleased to know that I haven't turned into a serial killer.

Conclusion, she's still an idiot, trying to get attention where she can. I agree that her downfall will not be spectacular. It'll be a trickle. Work will dry up. There might be another peak or two before that happens, but it will. She's showing her true colours for everyone to see now. People don't like cancel culture. They don't like the gloating. She's coming at people within her own industry. Which editor would like to work with her after her rants about Harper Collins and their staff? Not many, is my guess. The industry is small. People know each other. People talk. They may not tweet about it. But they'll file it away, in their crazy little minds, for future reference.

As you were.

I would just like to state I would never wish anything bad to happen to her or anyone. I don't like mentioning her family ( I have a few times but just in general advice.) She just needs help and advice and she really really needs to think about what she is doing. She is a mess,( and I mean they as nicely as they can be put), she's been dealt a bad hand and it's turned her bitter and nasty. That's pretty much all I ever have to say on the matter.

Reactions: 18
If I were your sponsor I’d be advising you to avoid stressful situations that might trigger a relapse.

You can end your concern as a parent by not allowing your kid to have any of the books. What you don’t need to do is start policing everyone else’s kids reading matter.

Attachments

Reactions: 16
Also ( I am not a fan of his) but I really respect his way of dealing with this. He not engaging with her, which is causing her to scream from the rafters and that to me is brilliant. The best way to deal with bullies is pretend they don't exist as they need your input to stay valid. They can't stand being ignored hence the anger and the name calling increases. I hope someone gives her a quiet chat in her ear soon.
I will attempt spoiler, apologies if i muck it up!!!
I'm not analysing her or anything, but she does give off HUGE narc vibes. My mother is the most horrible narcissist I've ever met and this is exactly what she does. The more you ignore the more shouty and frenzied she gets. Exactly as JM is doing in this instance. Absolutely no response from the publishers or DW and it driving her crazy. She is arguing with no one because no one cares. She genuinely believes she's in the middle of some sort of epic war and nothing could be further from the truth.
Her behaviour appears to be manic and the fans (referred to as Flying Monkeys in narc terminology) are just fanning the flames. My mother does exactly the same. Goes off on a rant and rage about some bee in her bonnet and imagines pretty much the whole 'missing' side of the argument because noone is responding. Is creepy and terrifying for a child.
I have diagnosed ptsd because of my abusive childhood and I am starting to get 'spidey sense' from her rant.

TAKE THE bleeping CAT TO THE VET

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 47
I must confess I’ve just had to google how to pronounce tutelage- it’s not a word I’ve ever used, only seen written. I was going for a pronunciation more like fuselage, I’m so fancy!
I hate trying to figure out how to pronounce a word I've only seen written 😂

• Haha
I don't know if anyone watches I May Destroy You (which is really brilliant IMO but the whole series is about rape and consent so obvious trigger warnings apply) - but there was a great scene in this week's episode - basically, the main character is getting a bit power-mad because she's gone public with her rape stories and is getting a lot of love on twitter, which is adversely affecting her IRL relationships. Her therapist is wonderful and tells her amongst other things to delete her social media for a while. Anyway, ~for some reason~, it really made me think of Jack 🤔

Reactions: 25
I must confess I’ve just had to google how to pronounce tutelage- it’s not a word I’ve ever used, only seen written. I was going for a pronunciation more like fuselage, I’m so fancy!
I know a word that is easy to pronounce. VET.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Jumped ship from fod. Hello fellow fodsters 🙌 Off to catch up. I used to be an avid follower on here but looking back it was probably on thread 3! Still read boot strap cook as strap on cock (it must be my old eyes 👵)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I would just like to state I would never wish anything bad to happen to her or anyone. I don't like mentioning her family ( I have a few times but just in general advice.) She just needs help and advice and she really really needs to think about what she is doing. She is a mess,( and I mean they as nicely as they can be put), she's been dealt a bad hand and it's turned her bitter and nasty. That's pretty much all I ever have to say on the matter.
The thing is, how has she been dealt a bad hand?

She’s made a relative fortune out of her poverty experience. She has a good relationship with her sons dad.

She lives in a nice house. She’s no longer on benefits and doesn’t live below the line anymore.

She has a much better quality of life than an awful lot of people in the Uk.

I know she has ailments/conditions but so do many people.

She thinks she’s been dealt a bad hand. She actually really hasn’t.

She’s got a chip on her shoulder because she doesn’t own a home at 32. I was 48 before I bought my flat.

I’m actually sure part of her resentment is the fact that she’s not a millionaire by now and that she can’t buy a flat outright. I mean she’s a best selling author. Five books. Ten years in the game. And she’s moaning about living in a rented crappy bungalow. When some kids are in one room in a B and B.

I also know that she used to make a very big deal about her credit rating being shot to bits. Was she not talking a while back about saving for a deposit for a mortgage?

These books might not be very pc but they could be used as a discussion with kids as to why certain values aren’t appropriate

She’s actually dissecting his books line by line.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Would also strongly advise you to check out thread #31: The One Where Jack Gets A Tattle Account (she came across as a right cock).

Couple of other details:
- she's obsessed with the fact that she lives in a "crappy rented bungalow" but it's actually a beautiful and HUGE detached property.
- she claims to have been in the fire service (and even used her expertise to help out after Grenfell) but in reality she was just a call handler.
- despite making money off the six months she lived on the edge of destitution/ foodbank use, her dad is actually quite high up in the fire service and she had a distinctly middle class childhood, being driven to ballet lessons in a (blue) Range Rover.
- we made her rage by questioning whether her cat was a pedigree. Also she's just got herself a very disabled new kitten for clicks.

She's... quite the character.
Thanks for the catch up, also newbie over here. I saw her hellmans ad on instagram and had seen her thread titles here. Read the comments on ad and ended up down a jm rabbit hole

Reactions: 14
The thing is, how has she been dealt a bad hand?

She’s made a relative fortune out of her poverty experience. She has a good relationship with her sons dad.

She lives in a nice house. She’s no longer on benefits and doesn’t live below the line anymore.

She has a much better quality of life than an awful lot of people in the Uk.

I know she has ailments/conditions but so do many people.

She thinks she’s been dealt a bad hand. She actually really hasn’t.

She’s got a chip on her shoulder because she doesn’t own a home at 32. I was 48 before I bought my flat.

I’m actually sure part of her resentment is the fact that she’s not a millionaire by now and that she can’t buy a flat outright. I mean she’s a best selling author. Five books. Ten years in the game. And she’s moaning about living in a rented crappy bungalow. When some kids are in one room in a B and B.

I also know that she used to make a very big deal about her credit rating being shot to bits. Was she not talking a while back about saving for a deposit for a mortgage?

These books might not be very pc but they could be used as a discussion with kids as to why certain values aren’t appropriate

She’s actually dissecting his books line by line.
I actually meant it as " she" thinks she has been dealt a bad hand. Forgive my poor explanantion. She causes me to trigger so much I often rage type. 😳

If I were your sponsor I’d be advising you to avoid stressful situations that might trigger a relapse.

You can end your concern as a parent by not allowing your kid to have any of the books. What you don’t need to do is start policing everyone else’s kids reading matter.

Jack: "I'm not resentful"

Also Jack:

Screenshot 2020-07-07 at 12.27.11.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
I have to say, I didn't love thread 40 (apart from its amazing title of course). There seemed to be a lot of posts suggesting JM should be sectioned
I am really sorry about this, because I know I posted about her being sectioned and I don't like that I made you uncomfortable.

I do believe that Jack isn't effectively managing her own health (physical and mental) at the moment, and I stand by what I said that during her late night tweeting she would have benefitted from medical intervention. When she was tweeting pictures of potentially fatal amounts of drugs and saying "not OK" over and over, I do believe that an assessment was urgently needed and if getting her in on a section was the only way to do that, it would have been entirely justified. I wouldn't throw around the mention of sectioning lightly, and fully accept that not everyone would agree. In my work I will always err on the side of caution, as I'd much rather see someone spend 2 hours being assessed under section than stand in a coroners court feeling like I could have done more, so maybe I seem trigger happy here but I assure you it's with the best intentions and I do apologise for making you (and anyone else) uncomfortable.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.