Jack Monroe #41 No one else gaslights or fights for 'likes' like Jack Monroe. Oops.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jeeessus I was hosting a 10 year old's birthday party yesterday I cannot believe what I've missed! I haven't fully caught up but I look forward to seeing what the inevitable comedown from this particular escapade involves...I feel sorry for her poor sideboards already.

I can just picture her poor SB sitting alone feeling very ashamed of himself for enjoying DW books while his mum manically flips through the books growing more and more outraged yet gleeful without ever once looking up from her phone to check he's okay.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
At the end of day, repugnant characters in books are designed that way as an example of how NOT to behave and think aren’t they. They are not the author’s mouthpiece for their own inner thoughts.

I agree that DW uses lazy stereotypes (perhaps not Miss Tutelage, haha) but for gawd’s sake - What about all the other, more salient, problems she could be using her voice and platform to help tackle? Ah, no - she’s giving her valuable time to badmouthing. Cretin.
The point is lost on the silly cow

Reactions: 14
Books to mail out......... to the people to had to email you ten times to ask where the book was.

When I bought the limited edition Xmas recipe cards a couple of years ago I waited so long for them I had to email and ask where they were. Her assistant was lovely and was going to send me another set but they then turned up.

Jack. Why don’t you concentrate on what’s left of your own career. As for your claims that this isn’t an attack on DW. Bullshit it isn’t. We saw the tweet the other night where you were mocking his name change and we saw the Henry Hoover gif, we also saw the names you called him.

Own your own bleeping bullshit. Just because your relationship broke down don’t take your upset out on everyone else around you.

This is what you always do. Start a dogpile and then go. I have to run. I am so BUSY!!!!!!

Twitter was a hellscape last week and you were leaving remember? Now it’s not when you are tearing someone else to bits.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Her snowflake/avalanche thing - what does Jack hope this is actually going to achieve ie what is her desired endgame? That David Walliams books are banned? Is she hopeful that all 'problematic' children's books are banned? And who will be the arbiter for this? She has got to start reading and addressing other authors then.
There are precedents where countries start banning books and it doesn't generally end well.

I must confess I’ve just had to google how to pronounce tutelage- it’s not a word I’ve ever used, only seen written. I was going for a pronunciation more like fuselage, I’m so fancy!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I have to say, I didn't love thread 40 (apart from its amazing title of course). There seemed to be a lot of posts suggesting JM should be sectioned, her child should be taken away from here, etc. I don't like it when this forum takes that tone (and yes, of course, while I'm a cop, I'm not actually the thread police, so you can all do what you want, it's just my 2 cents). It just makes me uncomfortable, a bit like people saying the RSPCC should be called about her kitten. Yes, she's awful, but I personally can't see any evidence for behaviour that would warrant sectioning or other authorities getting involved. She's unhinged on Twitter, but so are many and it doesn't mean she's a terrible parent. I just don't think it's a sensible conclusion to draw.
Thanks for saying this - I agree. But I also think she caused a really quite visceral reaction for people on here yesterday (as with the kitten) and people may have said things they don't actually mean in fury. I certainly felt rage yesterday - mostly, actually, from all the people egging her on and crowing along with her. I've never experienced a 'cancelling' in action before. I do think there are instances when people should be cancelled, but it happens all too often these days. This was a witch hunt and I felt very, very uncomfortable. If these much more serious allegations about DW are true (and I have no reason to believe they wouldn't be), then everything that happened yesterday takes on a much more sinister bent.

Today I'm just a bit sad and deflated. How quickly 'be kind' was co-opted by people who have no intention of being. That phrase is absolutely meaningless now.

• Heart
THIS IS ALL SPECULATION m'lud but does anyone else ever wonder if she's not being completely honest about her sobriety? It would definitely explain the timings of her psychotic late night twitter rants.

• Sad
Reactions: 29
She's just a nasty emotional vampire. Some people can only feel superior by putting others down, and she's one of them.
So glad that her ex saw sense and "LEFT". I feel so sorry for her kid.
She seems to have gone from passive/aggressive to aggressive/aggressive in one fell swoop.

Reactions: 20
She gets loads of new followers when she targets someone or has a strop, but they start dropping off again quite quickly.

Screenshot_2020-07-07_110009_1.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 20
Her snowflake/avalanche thing - what does Jack hope this is actually going to achieve ie what is her desired endgame? That David Walliams books are banned? Is she hopeful that all 'problematic' children's books are banned? And who will be the arbiter for this? She has got to start reading and addressing other authors then.
There are precedents where countries start banning books and it doesn't generally end well.
I bet she has no idea what the end game is. All she cares about is getting attention for herself.

I hope she's keeping all this away from SB - if not he may well be feeling he's done something bad by upsetting his mum.

• Sad
Reactions: 26
just another example of her lies and make believe life
I’m really surprised she hasn’t created a google doc (along with the eleventh billlion pages of this thread) to keep track 😹

I am supposed to be working (I have a LOT of WORK to do) but seeing as the company have told me they are making me redundant, I am finding it hard to muster up any enthusiasm. So here I am, wasting time reporting Jack's triggery bleeping tweets.

Do we think Jack is really in touch with her Sponsor all day?
She said she stopped after her sponsor was sleazy and never went back I thought?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
THIS IS ALL SPECULATION m'lud but does anyone else ever wonder if she's not being completely honest about her sobriety? It would definitely explain the timings of her psychotic late night twitter rants.
I honestly would not be surprised if she was regularly drinking. The behaviour fits.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
My experience of liars is that they love adding detail. Why not just say ‘I was a child’ why mention your specific age and what you were doing?
Definitely ! I would consider myself a good liar (not something I’m have added to my cv 🤣) but these is always an indication of lying, most people cannot pinpoint such a specific age anyway, I could say for ex I would have been 5 or 6 as this was when my sister was just born... but the exact age 🧐

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.