Jack Monroe #41 No one else gaslights or fights for 'likes' like Jack Monroe. Oops.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 174630

Ah... so she hasn't been practising how to pronounce 'tutelage' overnight then.

Also, I'm confused by her point here. Is she doubling down and saying that mocking this fictional white teacher's frizzy hair is indeed racist?
She's oddly proud of not being able to pronounce "tutelage", isn't she? It's an odd choice of hill on which to die. I didn't think it was a particularly obscure word, but thanks to JM, I stand corrected!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Wow, so she actually is a racist then. The person who created the character said she is white, but because Jack thinks her skin is darker than a man next to her, she's going to proclaim she isn't white? Yep, that's racism Jack.
An excellent point, Grunka. She's so awful.

Reactions: 20
View attachment 174630

Ah... so she hasn't been practising how to pronounce 'tutelage' overnight then.

Also, I'm confused by her point here. Is she doubling down and saying that mocking this fictional white teacher's frizzy hair is indeed racist?
Omg this is just getting embarrassing. Tutu because her (non African) name is Tutelage. What can't she grasp about this? Why does Jack think calling someone Desmond Tutu is automatically offensive? :unsure:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Another thing is, she actually going after a publisher, isn't that a silly thing for an author to do? I mean they could potentially give her a book deal and they are a big name so the money could be life changing.

She kind of losing herself potential job offers. She will probably say she wouldn't want to work with a company that allows this, but then I have read on here somewhere she grumbles about big corporations and then worked for one. Money talks louder than actions
Exactly. Which publisher would work with her now?

Reactions: 20
The two photos of the Miss Tutelage cover is absolutely pathetic - you can move a piece of paper 5cm left or right and it will look darker/lighter, depending on where the sun is. It's just pathetic.

Jack has exposed her unconscious bias - you could argue it's casual racism.

Not so woke now, is she?

• Angry
Reactions: 47
I do wonder about her followers. Are they for real or are they just pretending, egging her on, trying to contribute to her self-destructive behaviour for enjoyment? It baffles me. Even if you agree with her rants on some level, they don't even make sense.

Reactions: 23
Ahhh. She's such a cow. The lighting between these two comparison pics is markedly different, meaning it's impossible to compare. I can't believe I'm so fixated on this.

View attachment 174641

Adding the full picture. Bottom left character is notably darker-skinned.

View attachment 174644
Yes, she's done it deliberately. She really is insufferable.

The idea that Harper Collins, one of the top publishers in the UK, are quaking in fear of her big baby twitter tant about DW is hilarious.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I am supposed to be working (I have a LOT of WORK to do) but seeing as the company have told me they are making me redundant, I am finding it hard to muster up any enthusiasm. So here I am, wasting time reporting Jack's triggery bleeping tweets.

Do we think Jack is really in touch with her Sponsor all day?
omg sorry you’re being made redundant first and foremost I really hope you’re okay, but secondly please do not do that lot of work for them. The cheek of companies is beyond me and I’m so fed up of them taking people for bleeping mugs, if you’ve got a lot of work that suggests you’ve got a role to do? Don’t do it they can the dickheads. See your salary as a redundancy bonus, do no work, go sit in the garden with a fruity mocktail and croissant x

• Heart
Reactions: 41
All these white people have a lot of interesting opinions on someone's inferred ethnicity, hm?

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Books are ultimate escapism. I read a lot. I read even more as a kid/teen. I would even enjoy reading the dictionary to help my dad with the cryptic crossword on a Sunday (combing each letter with the correct combination of missing letters and letters in the right place - I would burst if I found one that fit!). I loved all manner of things now considered a bit ropy. Blyton was absolutely up there. Mr. Twiddle and Mr. Meddle were the best (as well as the usual suspects such as Famous Five etc.). Here’s the thing though - I don’t read Blyton anymore. I grew up. Oh, and I like to think I am not a sexiest, anti-fat, anti-gay wanker. We do Pride, we went to BLM protests and we don’t vote for bleeping UKIP or fraternise in a Spoons (as does Jack, if I recall...something about bringing them down from the inside with free WiFi and endless coffee, if I remember correctly).

That poor poor boy. If he is a reader, it will be one of his escape mechanisms from his version of normal life. So, congratulations, Jack, on shitting all over that!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
I bet SB is ecstatic that his mum has taken his property and damaged it.
Show your mum your new book, and she spends hours rage-tweeting about it, then gives it back all folded over. If someone (not necessarily a parent) flies into a rage over all kinds of innocuous things, you eventually learn not to tell them anything.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.