Jack Monroe #409 Send product or refund or admit you're a blatant rip off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And this is exactly why she's absolutely NOT helping, with the unrealistic £20 shops and useless advice. Sorry if I am repeating what has been said a million times before, but it really makes me angry. The Face Of The Poor is a clueless, damaging fraud.
And even in her numbers, she was proudly proclaiming that it was 42 meals (PLUS SNACKS) for 3 people. That's only 2 meals a day. 😕

• Haha
Reactions: 39
To put JM and Lee's claims into context, prisons have a food budget of around £2pp per day, and that's with the benefit of large scale wholesale pricing and supplementary veg from their gardens. It's still barely enough.

• Sad
Reactions: 38
Yeah also, I think Jack's earlier stuff was OK, I often see people commenting on social media that they found her recipes useful when they were students. I think even some fraus have mentioned that her first book at least was basically OK. So there's some lingering goodwill there from people who remember her just as someone who makes cheap recipes and campaigns for poor people.

And the egregious stuff like teemill and PayPal can be written off in people's heads because she's been pretty clear that she struggles with Adhd and mental health issues so they feel sorry for her and assume that people who donate for this stuff are doing it to help her anyway so what's the harm?

Honestly even I occasionally feel a bit sorry for her, all that enthusiastic promise stuff like the Very Basic Information index and ooh I'll do postcards of recipes for my patrons makes me cringe because I suffer from executive dysfunction myself and when things start piling up the instinct is definitely to ignore and hide and just grow increasingly stressed over the procrastination and it is just truly awful. Where I lose sympathy is that she could definitely have paused Patreon charges for a while (lots of creators I support do it for a while when they can't commit to their rewards for a while, it's definitely supported by the platform).

Also she is shocking with money, like truly shocking. I know some of her partners were wealthy so maybe she didn't buy all the expensive furniture on her own but she's actually drifting into hoarder territory now. Maybe a downsize will actually be helpful.

Long story short, I wish she'd go back to posting mad stuff like making Bath bombs from table salt which I could just enjoy untroubled by worrying that she might have an actual breakdown
I've also got adhd and autism (obvs diagnosed 100 years before anyone else was) and I feel so ashamed of letting people down that I refuse to do anything unless I'm 100% sure that I'll do it, I'll even say I'm not sure I'll do it until I've done it. Jack using adhd as an excuse just adds to the negative perception.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I wonder if Jack usually stocks up on Pringles in the run up to Christmas when they are on offer to last her through the year? What will she do this year if they aren't due to price rises? A couple of ml filler and a lip flip? 🤔.
She's been out kidnapping bees as they prepare for winter. They are arranged in individual colour coded hivelets in the shed, ready to deploy as required.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I’m still thinking about the “Potatoes” essay, imho she came quite close to admitting the truth about The Pov in talking about all the CCJs she had. Sometimes I wonder whether Jack’s poverty was caused not by the evil cruelty of the Tories and the Fire Service at all. But because she repeatedly put all of her money up her schnozz.
And she has expensive tastes across the board. She’s clearly a sucker for being influenced and trends, she loves designer clothes and jewellery, she likes art and buying books, sideboards, crockery, spoons etc forever. It must be compulsive because most people who’ve experienced THE POVERTY are a bit more circumspect and choosy when it comes to the choices chosen and tend not to fritter.
if she wasn’t such a massive dick she could’ve been quite an interesting person to follow. The poverty larp was misjudged from the very beginning-she chose the one thing she clearly has no skills in and it showed. If she’d gone with clothes and objets at least she’d have had a genuine love for her topic and could’ve indulged her love of dress up. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 30
To put JM and Lee's claims into context, prisons have a food budget of around £2pp per day, and that's with the benefit of large scale wholesale pricing and supplementary veg from their gardens. It's still barely enough.
Does that include the doritos tamales?

• Haha
Reactions: 33
She always gives me ‘my kids trying to bullshit me when they were 13’ vibes.
I know! Some of the old guff our son, step daughters and nieces and nephews have come out with over the years have made me HOOT and FIZZ before I put on a serious face. Maybe that's why I find LEAVE ME ALONE Jack so entertaining 🤔?

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I know! Some of the old guff our son, step daughters and nieces and nephews have come out with over the years have made me HOOT and FIZZ before I put on a serious face. Maybe that's why I find LEAVE ME ALONE Jack so entertaining 🤔?
Ah yeah we’ve had some corkers. If you can keep your sanity teenagers are as good entertainment as toddlers. Let me BREATHE Jack makes me 🦉 🍾 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 21
You guys are obviously all evil or whatever and I don't have time to keep up with 50 pages a day (100 hours a week minimum) so I'm gonna try to make myself stop, but I'm glad I'm not the only one to see this. And to counteract what has been said against you I'd like to say it's genuinely heartwarming how nice you are as a community.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
You guys are obviously all evil or whatever and I don't have time to keep up with 50 pages a day so I'm gonna make myself stop, but I'm glad I'm not the only one to see this it's genuinely heartwarming how nice you are as a community.
You think you can’t. But you can. You can.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Classic the 4 day old beans salad - serves 0. A real high point in the Mel Donte campaign. Good times.
Who remembers when Jack said she was buying a 130volt fridge to save on electric? Or that she prepping for using the camping gas stove for cooking 🤣 they’re SO expensive to buy gas for.
And gas in the radiators 😂. At the same time she was giving advice on cutting energy and heating bills on the world wide web.

Her 2020 shed lockdown filming days were epic though. THAT MAN was producing a series of comforting food programmes on his phone. Jack was trying and failing to cobble together arse cringing shite despite major sponsors assisting her. And this after making a holy show of herself on SM, getting DKL and causing mayhem about how was she was the best person for the job. Good times 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
And to counteract what has been said against you I'd like to say it's genuinely heartwarming how nice you are as a community.
Jack really has painted us as nefarious, mendacious, trolls to the Hellsite, and I think it's lovely every time a new frau is genuinely surprised by how much we're not. We're good ninnies really.

• Heart
Reactions: 69
Jack really has painted us as nefarious, mendacious, trolls to the Hellsite, and I think it's lovely every time a new frau is genuinely surprised by how much we're not. We're good ninnies really.
You lot are.
I'm not.
I'm bastard.

New Merch Coming Soon.. 👍

tshirt.jpg

12 years of low payments of £90 a month.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
We all know she’s talking shite, but because I think we could do with some cuteness here’s my poodle mix who went to the groomers just over a month ago 🙄
Shes a little piggy who shoves her face in any dirty tit she can find outside and she was zoomying around with the cat just before this.
Two weeks ago my fat arse.
View attachment 1619172
BIB For thread title? Both for the succinct hilarity but mostly because of this lovely dog. 🥰

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
And gas in the radiators 😂. At the same time she was giving advice on cutting energy and heating bills on the world wide web.

Her 2020 shed lockdown filming days were epic though. THAT MAN was producing a series of comforting food programmes on his phone. Jack was trying and failing to cobble together arse cringing shite despite major sponsors assisting her. And this after making a holy show of herself on SM, getting DKL and causing mayhem about how was she was the best person for the job. Good times 😂.
I feel like I’ve arrived at the party just after the main event. But everyone’s still up for dancing so it’s all good.

I sometimes feel sorry for her but then remember she took money off a squig on benefits and only recently added the ‘but only if you can afford if’ to her blog beg. For that reason I think she’s a morally bankrupt human being who deserves to become an obscure memory for most people. She needs to get a job and realise the game is up. She’s had a good run.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
I've also got adhd and autism (obvs diagnosed 100 years before anyone else was) and I feel so ashamed of letting people down that I refuse to do anything unless I'm 100% sure that I'll do it, I'll even say I'm not sure I'll do it until I've done it. Jack using adhd as an excuse just adds to the negative perception.
Sorry, mildly relevant merail
Agree totally. I struggle with these things too and have coping mechanisms much like yours, I will not commit to things unless I'm extremely sure I'll be there and turn up. But before I got better at this stuff (still not great honestly but am at least at the point I know my limits better) I did know that crushing feeling of pressure to do things I actually want to do and the complete inability to do them. So I empathise with Jack to the point that I know it's hard, but not to the point that it excuses things. Eventually you have to learn your limits and even when she's overextended herself like Patreon, you stop the charges and admit you can't do it. The thought of getting money monthly for stuff that I'm 2 years out of date in makes me genuinely come out in a cold sweat.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.