Jack Monroe #408 All those blue ticks holding her up like Simba

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Other tattlers have spoken to or collaborated with the media.

Reactions: 53
Just listened to the BBC Scotland interview. Her voice? Oh my god. Sounds like she's holding her nose under water.

Really useful tip though when she says: "One of the key things I build my shopping budget around is doing a stock take before I leave the house and go to the supermarket."

How clever. Her shopping only costs £20 per week because she's already got £200 worth of stuff in her freezer, fridge and cupboard.

How does any interviewer take her seriously and not think "what the fuck?" when she spouts such obvious nonsense.

Reactions: 59
I'm listening to the BBC Scotland and I feel like the poor presenter is doing the work for her whilst she keeps repeating the same piece of advice. He had to remind her to look for reduced stuff!

Also, stock take? Really? What about people who have NO STUFF IN THEIR CUPBOARDS?!?

Reactions: 47
Imagine going to do your weekly food shop and not checking what you had in already. Especially if you're on a limited budget. How do they not just laugh in her face when she spouts this utter nonsense?! What an absolute joker.

Reactions: 49
There was a weird picture - adverting campaign? - of Jack and a very small sb smoking cigarettes or have I imagined that
She did. I remember posting it, but can't remember where from, Ladbible or somewhere ridiculous, and it wasn't specifically about her, but people recognised her. Kind of funny given she is a smoker/vaper.

ETA, my googling is only bringing up her topless photos, and I ain't going there.

Reactions: 33
Imagine going to do your weekly food shop and not checking what you had in already. Especially if you're on a limited budget. How do they not just laugh in her face when she spouts this utter nonsense?! What an absolute joker.
It's mad isn't it? Surely people on a limited budget -- and still with stuff in their cupboards -- wouldn't bother going shopping? And you'd probably not run up much of a store cupboard anyway if is cash is tight.

Reactions: 26
Wear a nice hat for when they send a photographer round?

Reactions: 45
I’d be happy to speak to a proper journo about my previous experiences as an innocent squig being gaslight and lightly threatened into removing a tweet that she didn’t like lol. I’m still pissed off about it I AM SPARTACUS.

Reactions: 93
I’d be happy to speak to a proper journo about my previous experiences as an innocent squig being gaslight and lightly threatened into removing a tweet that she didn’t like lol. I’m still pissed off about it I AM SPARTACUS.
If you have receipts, I hope you get the chance as imo it's really important to prove she trolls/abuses at least as much as she claims to be trolled and abused. DMing alongside deleting public tweets is part of the "reputation management " that makes due diligence and ending the grift harder.

Reactions: 64
It's mad isn't it? Surely people on a limited budget -- and still with stuff in their cupboards -- wouldn't bother going shopping? And you'd probably not run up much of a store cupboard anyway if is cash is tight.
It's probably best not to run out of food completely, if you can avoid it. It gets rather expensive if you have to replace all the basics at once.
There's a few people on youtube who go through the whole process of stocktaking and menu planning and then shopping, and it does make sense. They don't usually have hundreds of pounds worth of food though, more like a few bits left over from the previous week.

Reactions: 36
I’ll go on the news to talk about PayPaling Jack a fiver ten years ago and making those shit kidney bean burgers that taste of tins and cumin. But they’ll have to blur me out and put one of those robot voices on me.

Reactions: 67
I just Googled monkfish out of curiosity and now I'm chortling...

This definitely looks like something that would lurk in one of Jack's soups.

I can just picture her going oh yeah just bung the whole thing into a risotto. It'll melt down into the rice.

''This is just the thing to add to SB's birthday cake''

''Aaaargh not the prunes!''

Now we know why Jack never opens her fourth freezer.

Reactions: 57
LJC!! They’re lucky they’re delicious

Reactions: 37
According to my notes (I was live texting my reaction to my IRL Frau friend) the mention of mackerel was for mackerel and veg risotto which I just Googled to check if my horrifying mental image was correct and I see that she made it using.....microwave wholegrain basmati and quinoa.....the only source of potential creaminess would be the mushroom flavour cup-a-soup.

Also according to my notes (aneurysm documentation) another suggestion was make bolognese, and then the next day add herb and spices so it becomes goulash (does it?!) and then the next add chocolate and cumin to that so it becomes chilli (DOES IT?!?!)

Reactions: 53
I’ll go on the news to talk about PayPaling Jack a fiver ten years ago and making those shit kidney bean burgers that taste of tins and cumin. But they’ll have to blur me out and put one of those robot voices on me.
Yes! Sitting on a chair in the middle of a darkened room. I'd do that too.

Reactions: 26
Just to be clear here: she's never shown any evidence for how many of these "donated" copies of her books were sent out, and where they were sent to, has she?

But there IS evidence of squigs who had asked for the books they paid for to be sent to a particular library or foodbank, but have since said that no books were received?

Reactions: 57
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.