Jack Monroe #407 I lost hours yesterday learning about a Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ever since I started lurking here, it's been bugging me that Jack reminds me of someone, physically, but I couldn't think of who. Now I think I've worked it out--it's the actor Michael Shannon.

View attachment 1613557

Does anyone else see it, or is it just me? This isn't meant as a comment on Jack's appearance, BTW, just a sense that her face seemed familiar.
I don't see it, but if I try hard to visual this hard enough this might put me off my weird crush on Michael Shannon.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I hope people comment negatively on the video that was posted earlier, relating to the 2015 incident. Such old news being regurgitated and as someone else said, wouldn't surprise me if Jack was behind it. :rolleyes: #shiftygrifter
I've been reporting it as 'platform manipulation and spam' every time I see it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
There’s a perfect storm of chaos brewing. Between the podcast and Twitter backlash, plus the public getting incredibly sick of the usual budget cooking and thrifty tips being regurgitated over and over when we’ve already had years of cutbacks, I can’t see Jack’s career coming out of this intact.
Don’t you mean scam rather than “career “?

• Haha
Reactions: 22
there aren’t actually any novel money saving tips at the moment. Jack’s schtick only really works when things are kind of ticking along. The thing about money saving tips is that they’re already inherently looking at the cheapest possible methods of meeting basic needs - there’s no extra gear when things get worse
Yes, that’s it, absolutely perfect. It just shows her advice up for the nonsense it is. Bravo

Reactions: 18
Americans can start asking questions about full English/Irish breakfasts after they explain why they eat scones with gravy 😬
Because it tastes good! Just like a full English breakfast! As someone who loves (most of the) food in both countries I never understand why this is such a controversial topic :cry:

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Forget all the [alledgedly] dodgy donation stuff. She should be in prison for crimes against food.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
People have been talking a lot about HH2 being the beginning of the end for Jack and in retrospect - and listening to the podcast - I really can't believe she thought she'd get away with any of this. Posting about how she hasn't bought shampoo in two years, just a few months after that photo of her newly dyed hair and a list of all the (expensive, too!) products she used on it? Says she can't afford shower gel or even to have the lights on but she has a ton of brand deals including with Superdrug which is paying her to promote their budget toiletries. A decade as a public figure who's sold books and worked with a number of companies but writes as if she's in the exact same situation as she was 10 years ago? Pride really does come before a fall
I am absolutely convinced that her amplification by Nigella and the plaudits around the ONS/Asda changes along with The VBI shite made Jack feel she was invincible. Untouchable.

• Heart
Reactions: 67
You forget too. She probably genuinely doesn’t remember some of the tit she’s come out with. Particularly if you’re awake a long time on it (as opposed to someone who does say, a gram a day and goes to sleep every night, eats a healthy breakfast before their first line, and has a normal routine otherwise). When you stay awake a long time, I can’t describe the melting feeling it gives your brain.
For fraus who’ve given birth after a long Labour, and then stayed awake staring at your baby the next night, imagine that but worse. It’s the only thing I can compare it to.

it also ties in to her disappearing “arthritis”. I have arthritis starting (dodgy genes and jobs I’ve used my wrists heavily). But stay awake on coke for four days and my symptoms are more like an 80year olds. This goes away when you’ve had a good sleep or two.
yes, I think you’re right - that’s why I keep coming back to thinking her a bullshitter more than a liar. She’ll say whatever it takes in the moment - that might be the truth, or it might be made up, either way is fine as long as it works

Reactions: 30
Jack also wouldn't be the first person to come to AA with other issues. I know a few women who only do AA as CA and NA can be very male dominated and I also know women who have refused to go to CA or NA. Somehow AA is more palatable I guess.

Reactions: 31
I don't think it's just coke. She's speeding too. Might be her ADHD meds but she has lots of behaviours that are congruous with excessive use of amphetamines
If she has ADHD then her meds won't be having that reaction unless she is taking way too much. I only get a bit speedy if I'm also drinking alcohol mixed with caffeine as it multiplies the affect.

Reactions: 20
Former recreational coke fiend here; recognise the behaviour from my own misspent past, 100% think Jack has a nasty habit, one she doesn't want to give up because she still seems on it quite merrily. She can take me to court all she wants, I completely stand by my convictions.

It's a perfect example of her tricksy wording, the whole AA schtick is a front, a shield to deflect and distract from the truth. She uses her faux alcohol addiction to cover her tracks and gets all the praise for her strength at staying sober. Alcohol was never the problem.
Moderate recreational coke user in the past. I now shudder to think how much I blithely spent on the substance. When in the mood I would easily take out £100 from cashpoint and say goodbye to it.

So more experienced coke fiends and those adjacent: could you please estimate how much Jack would be spending per week?

Because if this is true, THAT is where most of her Patreon money is going, which is a clearer and more blatant scandal than anything else - by which I mean, it’s far easier for the normal person outside the Jackoverse to understand than the intricacies of Teemill and so on, and thus far more likely to bring her down if it was revealed and proven.

Reactions: 46
The VBI thing blew a ton of self aggrandizing smoke up her arse. All those blue ticks doing their performative charity work, holding her up like Simba. Nigella plugging her Patreon to support such important 'work'. All we could do was watch on in awe, sure as hell nothing would ever be produced. That's what made her think she could get away with HH2.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Just wanted to add, just conjecture, but I think Jack has something on Nigella regarding snow. Hence the support.
Would that really damage Nigella so much that she’d be blackmailed into supporting someone she knew was a grifter? I think everyone knows and accepts that media luvvies have done coke. If Jack had a pic of Nigella snorting a line (what else could the evidence be?) it might dent the perfect hostess reputation but could easily be written off as a mistake in the past.

Reactions: 43
I had a few hours to kill this afternoon and I had a casual look on YouTube of old media shite she's done. With the benefit of hindsight, two things are apparent. Firstly, she's shifty and secondly, how did anyone think it was a good idea to put her in front of a camera/mic?
I watched part of the ted talk. The second hand embarrassment

Reactions: 17
The fireplace is still there, behind the cabinet, you can just about see it

Reactions: 10
Moderate recreational coke user in the past. I now shudder to think how much I blithely spent on the substance. When in the mood I would easily take out £100 from cashpoint and say goodbye to it.

So more experienced coke fiends and those adjacent: could you please estimate how much Jack would be spending per week?

Because if this is true, THAT is where most of her Patreon money is going, which is a clearer and more blatant scandal than anything else - by which I mean, it’s far easier for the normal person outside the Jackoverse to understand than the intricacies of Teemill and so on, and thus far more likely to bring her down if it was revealed and proven.
How often do we suspect she's at it?

Reactions: 10
The more I see of all that furniture the more boggled my mind is. Why would you have so many pieces from the same company, from the same line, so many nearly-identical sideboards and wardrobes and bureaus? It would drive me absolutely bonkers.

And how are there so many rooms in that house? It's like the Cotswold Company set up a showroom in the bleeping Tardis.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.