Jack Monroe #407 I lost hours yesterday learning about a Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So basically Jack’s repulsive patronizing ‘meal solutions’ (I hesitate to call them recipes) are the food equivalent of the human centipede?

Shame on the BBC for still giving her a platform to spout this useless bollox too.
Just popping in to say that just like 'degloving' the 'Human Centipede' makes me feel funny in my tummy.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
Moderate recreational coke user in the past. I now shudder to think how much I blithely spent on the substance. When in the mood I would easily take out £100 from cashpoint and say goodbye to it.

So more experienced coke fiends and those adjacent: could you please estimate how much Jack would be spending per week?

Because if this is true, THAT is where most of her Patreon money is going, which is a clearer and more blatant scandal than anything else - by which I mean, it’s far easier for the normal person outside the Jackoverse to understand than the intricacies of Teemill and so on, and thus far more likely to bring her down if it was revealed and proven.
I can’t even guess. We’ve had weeks where we’ve spent a few hundred on it. I darent total up what we spent in a year. It would make me sick at myself. And she appears to be in far deeper. I’d certainly love to see her cash withdrawals tho to see how many are 40/multiples of 40/£100.

• Wow
Reactions: 31
I don't think it's just coke. She's speeding too. Might be her ADHD meds but she has lots of behaviours that are congruous with excessive use of amphetamines
Agree with this. Her hand-written stock-takes, all-night posting sprees, senseless transcription sessions, and continual furniture re-arrangement all seem very speedy to me.

If you wanted to be very generous, you might say that it's down to her being a touch over-medicated for her ADHD - but I suspect that there's rather more to it than that.

Reactions: 38
The more I see of all that furniture the more boggled my mind is. Why would you have so many pieces from the same company, from the same line, so many nearly-identical sideboards and wardrobes and bureaus? It would drive me absolutely bonkers.

And how are there so many rooms in that house? It's like the Cotswold Company set up a showroom in the bleeping Tardis.
What gets me is that obviously she and LJC did a huge order from the CC to furnish the place together (at least, this is how Jack claims she afforded it), then LJC leaves and just...leaves everything in it for Jack? Doesn't want a single item for her own place? Okuuurr

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
I had a few hours to kill this afternoon and I had a casual look on YouTube of old media shite she's done. With the benefit of hindsight, two things are apparent. Firstly, she's shifty and secondly, how did anyone think it was a good idea to put her in front of a camera/mic?
Excuse you, pal, she's repeatedly turned down media training because she is a very important campaigner and a bolshy baked bean blogger; not an actress

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Former recreational coke fiend here; recognise the behaviour from my own misspent past, 100% think Jack has a nasty habit, one she doesn't want to give up because she still seems on it quite merrily. She can take me to court all she wants, I completely stand by my convictions.

It's a perfect example of her tricksy wording, the whole AA schtick is a front, a shield to deflect and distract from the truth. She uses her faux alcohol addiction to cover her tracks and gets all the praise for her strength at staying sober. Alcohol was never the problem.
This is exactly what I think.

Reactions: 26
What gets me is that obviously she and LJC did a huge order from the CC to furnish the place together (at least, this is how Jack claims she afforded it), then LJC leaves and just...leaves everything in it for Jack? Doesn't want a single item for her own place? Okuuurr
Even though Jack could bench press the Queen (RIP ma'am), duck trying to move one of those beasts. I don't blame LJC for packing a bag and running for the hills.

(Was it ever proved that LJC had SB that one day?)

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I'd say fairly often.

What makes it sadder is that if it is true, then she's sat by herself, snorting lines and trying to be funny on Twitter. It's all a bit tragic really.
This bit always makes me feel awful for her. The fact that she is sitting alone, begging for attention and someone to notice she is there.

It is like a tragic tale.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
If you don't have ADHD and you take ADHD meds, you might try to use your nonexistent ADHD as an excuse for missed appointments and failures to deliver on promises while taking the ADHD meds to cut down your appetite and get a sense of speedy well-being. Allegedly.

Reactions: 47
How often do we suspect she's at it?
Most days imo.
Agree with this. Her hand-written stock-takes, all-night posting sprees, senseless transcription sessions, and continual furniture re-arrangement all seem very speedy to me.

If you wanted to be very generous, you might say that it's down to her being a touch over-medicated for her ADHD - but I suspect that there's rather more to it than that.
i don’t take speed and coke does all that to me too if I stay home alone taking it. If she were taking more speed than coke she’d be skinnier IME of friends who’ve been on speed.

ADHD meds taken in the morning also wouldn’t keep her awake all night.

I think coke is the main problem and she’spossibly using speed to help with the comedown/ the point where coke doesn’t make you feel awake anymore.

• Sad
Reactions: 23
I can’t even guess. We’ve had weeks where we’ve spent a few hundred on it. I darent total up what we spent in a year. It would make me sick at myself. And she appears to be in far deeper. I’d certainly love to see her cash withdrawals tho to see how many are 40/multiples of 40/£100.
I think we could easily estimate a grand a month then, of other peoples money.

I respect and appreciate the views about Jack’s gurning staring as a sign of snow use but I haven’t seen the drumming fingers or grinding teeth that I would have said are an obvious sign.

Reactions: 17
Missing my normal Jack twitter content - took a look on Facebook and saw this (seems like a real account)
View attachment 1613825

The same person has also commented in Jack's publisher page asking why they work with her. No response.

Obv it's not gaining traction, but I don't think I'd seen anything negative come up on a quick Facebook search before...
It’s really quite fitting that, in the end, Monroe’s pure greed and abject laziness are the things that are seemingly to bring her down - to say, she just couldn’t resist taking easy money through the creation of a patreon account, but also just could not be arsed, at all, to do any work to keep it going. And she never intended to, not even from day 1.

It’s kind of poetic…

Reactions: 25
Here we go: https://www.sundaywoman.com/is-jack-monroe-a-liar-bootstrap-cook-faces-scrutiny/

It's a very thorough article that raises some interesting questions. The first time I've seen outright criticism in more mainstream press. I did a bit of a read-up on the publication - one of the fastest growing titles in the consumer / luxury goods space for women aged 30 and above.
It's a very good article, and the ball is definitely rolling!

Although, I'm so sick of demonising 'woke' people. I consider myself to be 'woke' in the sense that I hate injustice and think everybody should be equal. This doesn't mean I believe everyone deserves to be free from scrutiny no matter their 'labels'.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
I said that a few threads ago! Great minds and all that.
I'm still queasy at the thought of stewing steak and tinned mandarins :sick: I could sit down for a week trying to think of the most revolting concoction possible (which is how Jack plans her recipes) and still never come up with that.
I might have to do a @Geetbo with the three tin tender.
Don’t do it tender one. I’ve not been the same since.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
I think it is. My sister was born at 32 weeks and was half that.
TBF to Jack 30 weeks in 1988 (if she Was that prem) was not great due to the lack of lung development in utero. Post 1990 had the benefits of steroids and artificial suctafant but pre 1990 were prone to lung damage of the small sacs from oxygen treatment etc.

3pound9 is good for a 30 weeker but it’s about half what a healthy baby should be.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Here we go: https://www.sundaywoman.com/is-jack-monroe-a-liar-bootstrap-cook-faces-scrutiny/

It's a very thorough article that raises some interesting questions. The first time I've seen outright criticism in more mainstream press. I did a bit of a read-up on the publication - one of the fastest growing titles in the consumer / luxury goods space for women aged 30 and above.
Crikey. Things are gaining traction, I agree that it will be interesting to see what she pulls out of her bag o f confidence tricks next.

Reactions: 35
Just woke up to see a tweet ( now bloody lost it and spent 15 looking for it) that says a freelancer has done an article and it’s being considered by the Mail and others, will be sold to the highest bidder. Will keep looking ( my feed has been on fire since Blocked and Reported) and will edit with screenshot.

Jack’s going down like the Titanic….

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 79
This bit always makes me feel awful for her. The fact that she is sitting alone, begging for attention and someone to notice she is there.

It is like a tragic tale.
I agree, totally awful. But maybe she's lost all her friends because they are sick of her lies and aggression. You put up with that in your 20s, but then everyone grows up and gets tired of the one drama king/queen in the group and moves on.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
I think we could easily estimate a grand a month then, of other peoples money.

I respect and appreciate the views about Jack’s gurning staring as a sign of snow use but I haven’t seen the drumming fingers or grinding teeth that I would have said are an obvious sign.
at least a grand a month I’d say.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
To say she loves asda she hasn't once mentioned their new rewards scheme. I do my top up shop in there, spend about £20 a week ish, sometimes do my main shop. In 3 weeks I have over £8 as rewards. She should know this and be promoting stuff like this completely.
Yeah this has always done my head in-she’s never promoted any of the real things people do irl when saving money/being careful/a poor (interchangeable). I bought a cardi for work and some other bits and bobs this month from Asda Living and made £6 rewards. It’s madness to shop somewhere and not get the reward points!

Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.