Jack Monroe #407 I lost hours yesterday learning about a Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To say she loves asda she hasn't once mentioned their new rewards scheme. I do my top up shop in there, spend about £20 a week ish, sometimes do my main shop. In 3 weeks I have over £8 as rewards. She should know this and be promoting stuff like this completely.
But Jack hates loyalty cards as they mine your data. Personally I love them.
ETA I use Sainsburys, and my favourite thing is I save them up for Christmas and then use all the points for nice treats for the local food bank. I know it’s blowing my own trumpet and it’s a way of making myself feel good but I love putting lots of nice extras that I can’t afford to do during the year.

• Heart
Reactions: 78
Hi ninnies, far be it from me to interrupt the forensic counting of Jackarse (sorry I can't remember who coined this, I've been so excited to be sort-of keeping up in sort-of real time for these past few threads. Do you want me to stop BREATHING, etc?), but...

Whilst on holiday a couple of months ago with my friend & his OH (who has not LEFT) somehow, Jackarse (I do love this!) came into the conversation and my friend's OH starting saying "oh, she does so much". Let me tell you - I was delighted - DELIGHTED - to be able to put him straight about her pov cosplay. I almost made him cook one of her recipes, but I like him, so...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
Do you mean biscuits and gravy? Not really like scones at all, dear one. Definitely a southern thing, though, a la Georgia Church Suppers.

I ate biscuits with sausage gravy for breakfast on my honeymoon on several occasions.

The trousers I wore on the plane on the way out to the states, I could not fit into on the way home from the states.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
I've had a few friends that were coke fiends (more polite than saying addicts i suppose) and did they did loads, I've thought for a long time that her drug of choice wasn't booze, her behaviour was classic coke user.

The being awake for days, the sniffing and the paranoi is a give away isn't it?
Former recreational coke fiend here; recognise the behaviour from my own misspent past, 100% think Jack has a nasty habit, one she doesn't want to give up because she still seems on it quite merrily. She can take me to court all she wants, I completely stand by my convictions.

It's a perfect example of her tricksy wording, the whole AA schtick is a front, a shield to deflect and distract from the truth. She uses her faux alcohol addiction to cover her tracks and gets all the praise for her strength at staying sober. Alcohol was never the problem.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 99
I'm way behind but just had a quick listen to her on the radio...whichever Frau said she has a peg on her nose is absolutely right!!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
My mum was telling me earlier that there is kid eatinf rubbers because they are so hungry. It makes me mad.

We dont need more people to do more with less we need more people to fight for decent wages, more opportunities to obtain a sensible amount of food.

We need a sensible living wage followed by proper education into the poorer communities on how to make filling, nutritious foods. There is loads of campaigns that could be done. Slinging slop isnt it.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
I've had a few friends that were coke fiends (more polite than saying addicts i suppose) and did they did loads, I've thought for a long time that her drug of choice wasn't booze, her behaviour was classic coke user.

absolutely. My go to cover story for the sniffing was hayfever (which I do have but not that badly) and in winter “winter colds”.

paranoia on coke is next level too yes. I’ve never experienced paranoia like it. I smoked weed every day for 8 years aswell and never got paranoid at all, never mind like coke gets you.

The amount she deletes posts too. Thats related to it.

• Sad
Reactions: 55
absolutely. My go to cover story for the sniffing was hayfever (which I do have but not that badly) and in winter “winter colds”.

paranoia on coke is next level too yes. I’ve never experienced paranoia like it. I smoked weed every day for 8 years aswell and never got paranoid at all, never mind like coke gets you.

The amount she deletes posts too. Thats related to it.
this would also play into the idea that she technically doesn’t lie - its more misdirection than lying

Reactions: 26
Former recreational coke fiend here; recognise the behaviour from my own misspent past, 100% think Jack has a nasty habit, one she doesn't want to give up because she still seems on it quite merrily. She can take me to court all she wants, I completely stand by my convictions.

It's a perfect example of her tricksy wording, the whole AA schtick is a front, a shield to deflect and distract from the truth. She uses her faux alcohol addiction to cover her tracks and gets all the praise for her strength at staying sober. Alcohol was never the problem.
Same.

In my 2 months since joining the canal, that‘s absolutely what it looks like. The nose, the sniffing and the dreadful honk just add weight to the theory. As does the posting pattern.

J1g

Reactions: 43
I didn’t know this, and it really roasts my spuds.

On the one hand, she’s posting Content pics left right and centre saying how much she loves her, look at the ickle puppy dog eyes etc., on the other hand, if she’s being truthful about the insurance and her financial situation then she clearly doesn’t love her enough to make financial arrangements to look after her if she gets ill or seriously injured. 😡

Edit: Or of course she is completely lying about her financial situation, and doesn’t need proper insurance as she’s “no doubt, probably earning more than the Prime Minister”. Either way, vile.
I know people have speculated that it's for the healthcare plan with the vet but it still sounds too low. Now I have no idea which vet she might be with, but I use Vets 4 Pets and there is one near Jack. The adult cat plan is £12.50 (which I pay for as well as insurance on nowhere near Jack's income), puppy is £15. Really makes u think.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
View attachment 1613801
I'm (mostly) joking; the American ones look flakier
1664467812185.png

We are indeed lucky to live in a world where scones and biscuits can exist side-by-side. 🌍☮🕊

As an aside, Jack wouldn't know the difference between a scone and a southern-style biscuit even if you chucked them at her head.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I've had a few friends that were coke fiends (more polite than saying addicts i suppose) and they did loads, I've thought for a long time that her drug of choice wasn't booze, her behaviour was classic coke user.

Yep. I have had a few friends who were into coke (was always alcohol for me - coke did nothing for me) and her behaviour is more akin to that rather than alcohol.

Reactions: 23
I don't think it's just coke. She's speeding too. Might be her ADHD meds but she has lots of behaviours that are congruous with excessive use of amphetamines

• Sad
Reactions: 41
The oracle has spoken, praise beans! If you need me I will be tenting my fingers and snickering nefariously with delight.

slopbot predicts jack's downfall.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 104
this would also play into the idea that she technically doesn’t lie - its more misdirection than lying
You forget too. She probably genuinely doesn’t remember some of the tit she’s come out with. Particularly if you’re awake a long time on it (as opposed to someone who does say, a gram a day and goes to sleep every night, eats a healthy breakfast before their first line, and has a normal routine otherwise). When you stay awake a long time, I can’t describe the melting feeling it gives your brain.
For fraus who’ve given birth after a long Labour, and then stayed awake staring at your baby the next night, imagine that but worse. It’s the only thing I can compare it to.

it also ties in to her disappearing “arthritis”. I have arthritis starting (dodgy genes and jobs I’ve used my wrists heavily). But stay awake on coke for four days and my symptoms are more like an 80year olds. This goes away when you’ve had a good sleep or two.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
People have been talking a lot about HH2 being the beginning of the end for Jack and in retrospect - and listening to the podcast - I really can't believe she thought she'd get away with any of this. Posting about how she hasn't bought shampoo in two years, just a few months after that photo of her newly dyed hair and a list of all the (expensive, too!) products she used on it? Says she can't afford shower gel or even to have the lights on but she has a ton of brand deals including with Superdrug which is paying her to promote their budget toiletries. A decade as a public figure who's sold books and worked with a number of companies but writes as if she's in the exact same situation as she was 10 years ago? Pride really does come before a fall

• Heart
Reactions: 62
I had a few hours to kill this afternoon and I had a casual look on YouTube of old media shite she's done. With the benefit of hindsight, two things are apparent. Firstly, she's shifty and secondly, how did anyone think it was a good idea to put her in front of a camera/mic?

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I don't think it's just coke. She's speeding too. Might be her ADHD meds but she has lots of behaviours that are congruous with excessive use of amphetamines
I’m not as experienced with Speed (tried it once, made me violently unwell. If I smell it I immediately start vomiting now) so I haven’t mentioned it but I think this is very very possible from the little I do know.

Reactions: 14
The big coke giveaway to me is the 'I need to concentrate so I am, I am full focus, concentrate' face. The complete intense stare, the tense jaw, the absolute agony of sitting still and not talking.

She does it all the time in interviews, I imagine a bump gives her the confidence to do it. All her interviews start with Billy Big Bollocks energy, ya know, like the type you get right after a sniff....

It's so obvious to those who know, glad other fraus notice it too. (Love how you can admit past mistakes here too without judgement, you so chill, canal, cheers, pals.)

• Heart
Reactions: 104
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.