Jack Monroe #407 I lost hours yesterday learning about a Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow that's an impressive variety of items to find in puddles
What exactly do we think happened to make her go from unashamedly showing off her impressive array of material possessions to the creative writing of HH2? It was quite the change of direction.

Reactions: 45
I hope this the exposé that stops her grifting. But when people like Johann Hari can just slime their way back it’s by no means a done deal.

Has Patreon ever kicked anyone off the platform?

Reactions: 43
@colouredlines has done a deep dive into her alcohol storylines before, it'll be buried deep within the threads. She has 'stopped drinking' many, many times. IMO, it's one of her go-to content fillers.

Reactions: 65
You have stared too long into the spoon dimension my friend.

Reactions: 45
What exactly do we think happened to make her go from unashamedly showing off her impressive array of material possessions to the creative writing of HH2? It was quite the change of direction.
I think she did Jackmaths, gave the Trussell Trust (no other food banks are available) £11k, thought she could get away with it because she had Old Harold and his income, he LEFT, then she did a panic and got the begging bowl out.

Reactions: 63
Hello Fraus, delurking to share this - my favourite podcast is doing a 45 minute episode on Jack! It's for subscribers but will listen tomorrow and let you know what they say.
Omg, I did a scream! I have an important deadline today, but will subscribe and listen, because this sounds too delicious! Too hell with work and professionalism.

Reactions: 46
I wonder why she didn't comment on the podcast when they approached her. I don't get it.

Reactions: 31
You have written what I think we all think about her use of AA as content. It’s all very fake. Performative nonsense. The multiple chips thing….. well she’s probably got a drawer full cos it’s Jack and she has to hoard items. We suspected she got them off Amazon or something. Thank you for sharing. As ever, we raise our hats and hearts to our AA fraus

Reactions: 83
She's def impulsive, but I'm not sure if she feels untouchable. Some of her actions lately (e.g. the deleting sprees, epic potato strop) make me think she's aware of having lied herself into a corner.
Hmm I dunno... she's always been a tweet and deleter, and a large part of the potato strop was the inability to control the situation and silence people, imo. She's been used to getting away with increasingly brazen, public lies and I think that's what's given her the untouchable feeling. Either way, sucks to be Jack this morning, very much reaping what she has sown now! She'll be longing for the days when it was just this bunch of ninnies, laughing at slop .

Reactions: 61
Hello Fraus, delurking to share this - my favourite podcast is doing a 45 minute episode on Jack! It's for subscribers but will listen tomorrow and let you know what they say.
Christ alive, i took the evening off, i thought she is gone it will be a quiet night. Bloody hellfire lads. Speechless isnt the word.

Reactions: 52
Amazing
I’m also picturing @heretoreaditall2019 ’s excitement when she catches up. She’s always dreamed of a six-part Netflix doc or a podcast.

Reactions: 84
Amazing
I’m also picturing @heretoreaditall2019 ’s excitement when she catches up. She’s always dreamed of a six-part Netflix doc or a podcast.
It truly does need a long format podcast. Much as I adore the BARPOD team, I'm not sure that 40 minutes quite encapsulates the "Literally Unbelievable Tale".
I've been twitching in my seat at all the chaos they've missed out on.

Reactions: 50
I think you might be crediting Jack with heretofore unforeseen levels of self awareness
I think it's "head in the sand and it'll all go away" - that is a behaviour I believe she has and probably contributed to her financial situation. She characterises it now as being scared of brown envelopes due to The Poverty (tm) but I think she just hates taking any type of responsibility.

Reactions: 56
I am not really a podcast frau but I’ve just done a bit of Googling and I’m less excited about this than I previously was. I know I disagree with a lot of people in these threads about some things so I’ll leave it there. And it’ll have reach, which is great, but I think it might bring about some interest from sectors that I personally don’t care for.

Reactions: 40
If the flying monkeys are stupid enough to start piling on Blocked and Reported it's not going to do Jack Monroe any favours at all! I hope they do as B & R can handle it and they will see she has a cult like following that try to bully people off Twitter.

Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.