Jack Monroe #406 Foodbank Anna Delvey

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm really distressed by that bit of sponge that's sitting at a jaunty angle. It looks like it's trying to come to the surface and get us. THAT TRIFLE IS LITERALLY TRYING TO DO US IN. SEND HELPOS.
You are right to be distressed. Do you see what we are witnessing there? It's... The birth of The Pumble!

Screenshot_20220928-071829_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 56
She just can’t stay away, can she? It’s an illness.
She does this whenever she gets a sulk on with twitter, runs over to insta and declares it the nicest place ever, much better than the horrible hellscape. She also seems to not realise that there is a Venn diagram of people who see Jack on twitter, and people who see Jack on Instagram. She treats them as though they are separate bubbles, and twitter people won't see what she posts there.

Then she realises IG won't give her anywhere near the levels of attention she needs, and runs back to twitter. Plus ça change... 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 116
She does this whenever she gets a sulk on with twitter, runs over to insta and declares it the nicest place ever, much better than the horrible hellscape. She also seems to not realise that there is a Venn diagram of people who see Jack on twitter, and people who see Jack on Instagram. She treats them as though they are separate bubbles, and twitter people won't see what she posts there.

Then she realises IG won't give her anywhere near the levels of attention she needs, and runs back to twitter. Plus ça change... 🤷‍♀️
IG has changed so much too, she can't keep up with it just by posting a picture of a dog. I think twitter is the only place she's 'someone', although that someone is rapidly becoming a joke.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 60
What I dislike about the Big Dave triffle/peaky blinder stuff is not that these are mediocre puddings/jokes. It's how she can't just leave a mediocre family thing (somthing a lot of us have) be a fun thing between family members. It's how she wants to be the funniest cutest special cooking pixie in the world with mediocre (at best) content. And when she doesn't get the praise she think she deserves, she lashes out and uses her mum's illness/disability as a weapon, or worse.

I mean, my mum is a good cook, but me and my sister being nostalgic about her poached pears at Christmas is not about the pears (I have had better). Neither is my dad's standard remark 'well we can't blame it on the midwife' when a really old person dies (you bet he texted me that when the queen died, per clockwork, which is what makes it funnier to me than the joke itself). These are things that are just a bit boring for others and that's fine. Big Dave's triffle is fine if he likes it and if his family likes the tradition. Jack is just an asshole about it.

She's an opportunistic magpie that will use anything for likes, and anything to deflect criticism.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 111
Samen old, same old, lather rinse, repeat. Every time she f’s up on Twitter, she runs and hides on Insta, posting rubbish photos until she’s brave enough to resume bully-boy tactics on Twitter again.

Instagram is not the platform for her - it’s much harder to whip her minions into vicious pile-ons! Jack thrives on aggression, negativity and mindless adulation. Oh, and free money.

(ETA:- @Nottonightbabe got there first and said it better! xxx)

• Heart
Reactions: 55
What I dislike about the Big Dave triffle/peaky blinder stuff is not that these are mediocre puddings/jokes. It's how she can't just leave a mediocre family thing (somthing a lot of us have) be a fun thing between family members. It's how she wants to be the funniest cutest special cooking pixie in the world with medioce (at best) content. And when she doesn't get the praise she think she deserves, she lashes out and uses her mum's illness/disability as a weapon, or worse.

I mean, my mum is a good cook, but me and my sister being nostalgic about her poached pears at Christmas is not about the pears (I have had better, really). Neither is my dad's standard remark 'well we can't blame it on the midwife' when a really old person dies (you bet he texted me that when the queen died, per clockwork, which is what makes it funnier to me than the joke itself). These are things that are just a bit boring for others and that's fine. Big Dave's triffle is fine if he likes it and if his family likes the tradition. Jack is just an asshole about it.

She's an opportunistic magpie that will use anything for likes, and anything to deflect criticism.
An opportunist magpie. That’s a fabulous description of her!

Reactions: 40
She was pissed at Gordon's because the cake was hidden in the cream. Apparently, proper trifle has cake in the jelly, ONLY. Blerp. Is jell-o necessary for trifle? Not gonna lie, I was raised in America and we thought trifle had cake, custard, fruit, fruit compote/coulis but I didn't learn about the jelly until GBBO started airing here a few years ago.

Edited to add: And booze. Lots of alcohol--rum with raspberries, Cointreau with chocolate and orange, kirsch with cherries, with peaches, with lots of stuff.
I don't put jelly in mine.

I thought Americans were obsessed with putting jelly in all sorts of things including jello salad?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
From that comment I guess she believes there is little cross over between her insta and twitter followers.

I think we'll get a nice happy post every morning for a few days, then a major drama post "Instagram isn't real life guys, I know it seems I I love a life of degloved sausages and designer dogs, but I've been battling with some deep, dark demons recently... etc and so forth."

Insta isn't her platform, but it's also not as easy for people to take the piss, she has more control, so I think she'll like that for a while.

Also - re Jack being doxxed - that suggests her personal details have been published somewhere publicly. The only person who has done that as far as I can tell is Jack - posting v identifiable details about her house and also keeping her number visible on her dog's collar - and saying it didn't matter when she was warned about it by squigs.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
What I dislike about the Big Dave triffle/peaky blinder stuff is not that these are mediocre puddings/jokes. It's how she can't just leave a mediocre family thing (somthing a lot of us have) be a fun thing between family members. It's how she wants to be the funniest cutest special cooking pixie in the world with medioce (at best) content. And when she doesn't get the praise she think she deserves, she lashes out and uses her mum's illness/disability as a weapon, or worse.

I mean, my mum is a good cook, but me and my sister being nostalgic about her poached pears at Christmas is not about the pears (I have had better, really). Neither is my dad's standard remark 'well we can't blame it on the midwife' when a really old person dies (you bet he texted me that when the queen died, per clockwork, which is what makes it funnier to me than the joke itself). These are things that are just a bit boring for others and that's fine. Big Dave's triffle is fine if he likes it and if his family likes the tradition. Jack is just an asshole about it.

She doesn’t seem to get that the minutiae of her life is exactly the same as everyone else’s. We all have not very funny in jokes, make distinctly average cakes we’re proud of, love our children and pets, take wonky photos of sunsets on our phones, travel on public transport, get tired or ill or depressed, go to the supermarket and all the other hundreds of little things that make up a life. These things are important to us, but they’re not unique or interesting to anyone we don’t know. Only the most enormous ego would think their minutiae mattered to the world at large, or would react to people laughing at it with unbridled fury.

• Heart
Reactions: 108
The fact she’s posted this photo suggests Content ~ isn’t ~ hers. I don’t have a puppy but right now I have baby relatives (my babies were babies before I had a decent phone with mega storage) and even I’m shocked to see my phone camera is filled with hundreds of cute shots of every time I see them. From what I’ve seen I think it’s the same for people with puppies? This is not a nice photo of content, she looks scruffy, surely not the one you’d choose to introduce her to your instafam? Wouldn’t you post a few, from when she first arrived as a cute new (unmatted) puppy up until now? Anyway I’m mithering.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
The fact she’s posted this photo suggests Content ~ isn’t ~ hers. I don’t have a puppy but right now I have baby relatives (my babies were babies before I had a decent phone with mega storage) and even I’m shocked to see my phone camera is filled with hundreds of cute shots of every time I see them. From what I’ve seen I think it’s the same for people with puppies? This is not a nice photo of content, she looks scruffy, surely not the one you’d choose to introduce her to your instafam? Wouldn’t you post a few, from when she first arrived as a cute new (unmatted) puppy up until now? Anyway I’m mithering.
Didn’t she post this photo other day? On Twitter? And someone commented about the way she’s looking at Jack was so lovely or some such crap.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Didn’t she post this photo other day? On Twitter? And someone commented about the way she’s looking at Jack was so lovely or some such crap.
She did, that’s my point, wasn’t that a few days back? Hasn’t she taken another photo since? Isn’t there a nicer one in her phone?

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.