Jack Monroe #406 Foodbank Anna Delvey

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It all looks so twee until you see the ‘food’

Reactions: 20
And, I am sure (where it's from) the birdcage lampshade from Graham and Green which is £425. And she added greenery to it.
Oh, and the snake shape test tube vases...

Reactions: 47
Tom Numbers was very much like Rinsed Hoops squig imo. Stepping on a landmine not quite knowing what they had just let themselves in for - see also Rinsed Hoops squig deactivating for a bit after. I can’t help but wonder that JM knew exactly what she was doing posting that picture, trolling for a reaction.

Reactions: 26
My gosh, I mean I'm not averse to folk having nice things but JM has gone OTT, surely? How though? Hmm? Hmm? Also, she rents. No way would I spend that much on a rented place.

Reactions: 23
My very American reaction to this list is, “Jayzus. She must have a crapton of credit card debt.”

Reactions: 22
Yeah, we used entirely furniture that other family members had thrown out, or stuff from Freegle, and put blankets or throws over them if they were vile.
We still get nearly everything from puddles wherever possible. The only difference, is our puddle stuff is never designer.

Reactions: 26
I remember the Wilko stage when she was constantly rearranging her *shitty cold* flat.

Just had a peek at Twitter. So many people taking the piss out of her now, how is she going to come back from this. She must be raging!

Reactions: 25
It’s the fake grass light fitting for me. What. Why. Who fucking knows

Wait ... what? Fake grass light fitting - what fresh hell is this?!

I'm pleased to see that Jack twitter isn't all about the dire potatoes. Conversations are being had about non-tuber-related matters as well.

Reactions: 46
My gosh, I mean I'm not averse to folk having nice things but JM has gone OTT, surely? How though? Hmm? Hmm? Also, she rents. No way would I spend that much on a rented place.
She's been talking about moving to a 1 bedroom flat at the end of this year, hasn't she?

Any savings in rent are going to be eaten up by the cost of the inevitable £300/month she'll end up paying Big Yellow to store all that shite.

And there's no way she'll be able to move with a man & van, is there? It'll need a full fat removals service, so there's another grand gone at least.

Reactions: 25
I’m not poor now, but I had two periods of genuinely extreme hardup-edness (like £12.50 for a week of food, no leeway for anything except bills etc, heinous rent) and both of them gave me a huge aversion to spending money on things for myself, even now that I could afford to. I still won’t spend that much money on things it makes me feel sick. Drives my OH (he hasn’t LEFT yet) mad when I buy cheap stuff (he has more Monroe Tastes) So I genuinely don’t think she’s ever been as hard up as she claims, purely for that. If she was so terrified of the pov coming back she would have saved her money rather than spanking it on ridiculously overpriced furniture.

Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.