Jack Monroe #405 Jack the Ripoff

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Shoo!

Reactions: 22
There have been many deleted posts from Instagram. It's a faff to screenshot these charts on a tablet but these show the two biggest culls:

-181. May 2020

-190. May 2021

Reactions: 42
So his argument appears to be 'well there are far worse people than Jack Monroe'. Well of course there are. She isn't evil. But this attitude is how low level scammers and fibbers get away with things for so long. Turn a blind eye because they're not that bad. Its also how they suck more people in, as those people can't find any dissenting voices. It's how things like Kidscape carry on for so long - the mantle of 'goodness' blocks out doubt.

Btw she must be itching to get stuck into the Big Dave twitter thread. Her poor parents. She exposed them to all this single handed.

Reactions: 69
By this logic, we never managed to blow up Hitler so let's just stop bothering. (NO Jack I am NOT calling you a nazi)

Reactions: 31
And that beatthebudget Insta account is doing some great recipes in collaboration with Asda too…

Parody account gave me a fright!
View attachment 1608510
needs more prolific use of ‘pal’

I reckon she was looking for ‘unsheathed’ and got the word wrong. #forensic
I’m not sure that sounds any better!

Reactions: 26
I know what it means only from watching programmes like 24 Hours in A&E.

Why oh why would someone use that term about food?
And how does she manage to make the simplest of food look unappealing!
Because Jack is hard, and real, and authentic. So she uses hard and authentic verbs in creative ways.

Reactions: 24
I started following Spain on a Fork after seeing it mentioned here and look at what they were doing yesterday...

Reactions: 41
Big D definitely strikes me as the type to be on all the fb local groups, Nextdoor etc, and be a frequent complainer about parking in places nowhere near his house.

Reactions: 65
Mr Dreary has just noticed the hoo ha on Twitter "Jack Monroe has been hounded off Twitter?" I have given him chapter and verse of tattiegate, with pictures !

Reactions: 40
I wish Tom would reply something along the lines of...

"No I can't come up with a £20 meal plan for three people, not in 10 minutes, not in 10 hours or 10 days. A £20 meal plan plays right into the hands of the Tory government allowing them to say that benefits are generous. That is why Jack's £20 meal plan is so dangerous."

Reactions: 93
Also, we have observed her get worse in the last two years. The begs have gotten more egregious. Her Twitter addiction is bigger now than it ever was. Monstrous sense of entitlement to poverty writing and 'tins' etc. If these grifters aren't cottoned on to early on, how bad does it have to get for people to say something? How much more money does she have to take from people before they go 'actually this is fucking awful'?

Reactions: 62
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.