Jack Monroe #405 Jack the Ripoff

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And yet here I am still worrying about her? Like I know, from past experience, she will be back but still I feel concern that she’s not ok.
makes me angry because aside from FMs there are a lot of people who do support her, and amongst those that don’t (like me)( that could really have done with a TW about the s******) that will be genuinely scared she’s done something and if she’s just flounced it’s a really really crappy thing to pull

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Jack: My disabled warrior mum reads all my tweets!

Also Jack: Just got railed for 6 hours in exchange for a quarter pounder, aren't you all jealous 😏

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 153
Quoting @Cookiecookie from previous thread:

Remember when Jack tried making toasties? They were soooo dry looking. And, she tried to pretend that owning a toastie machine was posh and she'd never known such luxuries, being so working class and all, after a comment a squig made.

She made mince meat ones at one point (like Christmas mince pies, not meaty mince) which I *think* a Frau may have attempted.

That was me, here: https://tattle.life/threads/jack-monroe-121-fahrenheit-106.12553/page-18#post-3261852

It honestly still haunts me.

Has your tongue and roof of mouth grown back

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Jack is getting absolutely mullered on Twitter thanks to Roast Potato gate who’d of thought the humble spud would be her downfall.

• Haha
Reactions: 56
This might be an unpopular opinion but this person is pissing me off. They are pretending to be a Paetron victim - have seen them post a lot all over Twitter about it this pm but I saw them discussing, with an actual victim, earlier today, their intention of joining “ to look at the community page. A simple scroll through their feed shows this chat. It makes genuine victims look dodgy! Stop it!
1BC8D31B-5DB6-457F-8435-39C19DFCD9AD.jpeg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
You can deactivate your account for up to 30 days, after that it's deleted. There's no way to delete it outright, afaik.
There is a lot of confusion between account deletion and deactivation not just on Twitter but others too. They really make you search for it, but there *will* be a nuke button hiding around somewhere and that is irreversible. But yes the sites will divert you at every opportunity to deactivate rather than delete.

Reactions: 25
She’ll be back on Sunday with a glowing selfie:

deactivated for a few days and went off grid. Burger boy seen how bullied I’d been and whisked me away to Ljubljana for a few days.
I feel like I’m ready to take on the world. Have a host of new recipe ideas up my sleeve for my next book. Toot toot.

• Haha
Reactions: 92
This might be an unpopular opinion but this person is pissing me off. They are pretending to be a Paetron victim - have seen them post a lot all over Twitter about it this pm but I saw them discussing, with an actual victim, earlier today, their intention of joining “ to look at the community page. A simple scroll through their feed shows this chat. It makes genuine victims look dodgy! Stop it!
View attachment 1607192
I did wonder if this might happen. Subscribe for £1 and you too can get the tea.

Reactions: 26
She’s said herself, when people have told her before that she should have a break from social media, that Twitter is her main income source or her work or something. She’ll be back.

I’ll say this, and I’ve said it before and the canal were not happy, butI can’t stand roast potatoes .
Bet Jack feels that way about them too now.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Attached is one I saw.
This has got to be one of the most egregious whoppers she had ever told. If it actually was true, it would be a bleeping scandal that the Home Secretary would face questions in Parliament over. Police routinely won't attend burglaries, the conviction rate for same (and most theft type offences) is about 2%. But we are supposed to believe that a crack team of detectives monitors social media (and it would have to be all social media Jack, all of the time to be effective) ready to come to the rescue, sirens blaring when someone says a mean thing to a D-rate sleb? Come on.

On a more cheerful note, this all reminds me of Billy Connolly's 'Potatoes of the Night' tale:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
One of my favourite things about Jack being offline is not having to hear about who she is or isn't knobbing. Or about that time she got diarrhoea.

Now you're not forcing ~that~ on an unwilling audience, you can get some bleeping work done.

GO ON THEN.

• Haha
Reactions: 56
Funny tweet but slightly grim roadkill image, so behind a spoiler for the squeamish.
Screenshot 2022-09-26 20.25.49.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.