Jack Monroe #404 Stick to washing spaghetti love

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 1604948

View attachment 1604949

View attachment 1604950

Obviously, just on Twitter so treat with caution but this is from one of the Patreon squigs who got a partial refund and does seem to be talking to other donors.
When/if this comes out itā€™ll be a massive blow for any defence Jack could possibly be cobbling together. And the fact a random person already sponsoring her was willing to provide free postage (to the value of Ā£100s?) and Iā€™m assuming discounted if not initially free labour goes to show how effective the grift has been. Heaven knows how much sheā€™s been given over the years to ā€œhelp the causeā€.

Ngl though that Patreon community page sounds lit - in Jacquiā€™s absence it appears to have become an incubator program to mobilise victims to effectively finish the scammer. Good for them x

• Heart
Reactions: 87
I'll be honest with you Ive never actually watched the new bake off, I had a paddy when Mary Berry wasnt in it anymore and it went from the BBC but even a bake off viewer knows how to do a basic batter mix. Surely? That Allegra started Leon and those breakfast muffins are bleeping lovely, that chain is started by someone who understands food. Do you think she gets disgruntled when pulled up by her posh people and pulls the working class schtick to avoid that she cant do basic tit? You are only bothered about what kind of herbs because you are loaded, imagie you were at the food bank, like I imagined it as the basis of my career...

Reactions: 30
So thumbelina missed a trick with quinoa,

it contains natural antidepressants, is a complete protein, meaning it contains all of the nine essential amino acids.
quinoa is rich in both fiber and protein, and contains much higher amounts of nutrients than rice, while allowing for a similar texture. Additionally, quinoa has far fewer calories and carbohydrates than white rice, which contains 40 more calories and 15 times the carbohydrates per cup than the same amount of quinoa. A cup of quinoa will also provide twice the protein and about 5 grams more fiber than the same amount of white rice.

Due to this higher quantity of protein and fiber, quinoa is not only the healthier choice, but will also fill you up faster, allowing for smaller portion sizes. Plus, this surplus of fiber can help to lower cholesterol and control blood sugar levels. This is in stark contrast to the high glycemic white rice, which has the potential to negatively affect your blood sugar levels in an instant.

the husks produce a foaming agent, It is like a soap and is good for washing hair and clothes.

In the past, before industrial products were widely available, our ancestors used quinoa foam and liquid for their personal hygiene. In recognition of this scientists call the chemical that is on the seeds saponin.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
I'll tell you what makes you think...
She claims she works 100 hour weeks
Gladwell tells it, the rule goes like this: it takes 10,000 hours of intensive practice to achieve mastery of complex skills.
100 hours a week for 100 weeks.. she'd be a master cook...

As yet evidence is not forthcoming of mastery... So those 100 hours working ain't making practice recipes..
Gladwell is also a grifter, who made up the 10,000 hour rule with very selective interpretation of the research on skill acquisition. If Jack followed his advice she would be the griftee rather than the grifter, for a change.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Didnt someone say she had been offered a job too? Like a 40k copywriter job? Influencers all have companies who manage their merch and logistics, and she has now been offered it for free. I wonder about the threat to go to tabloid journalists as a consumer thing? I can see quite a few of the crappy tabloids jumping at the chance.

Reactions: 41
When/if this comes out itā€™ll be a massive blow for any defence Jack could possibly be cobbling together. And the fact a random person already sponsoring her was willing to provide free postage (to the value of Ā£100s?) and Iā€™m assuming discounted if not initially free labour goes to show how effective the grift has been. Heaven knows how much sheā€™s been given over the years to ā€œhelp the causeā€.

Ngl though that Patreon community page sounds lit - in Jacquiā€™s absence it appears to have become an incubator program to mobilise victims to effectively finish the scammer. Good for them x
If theyā€™re the ones to finish this scam, it will be perfection. Netflix couldnā€™t write it better.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41

Agree, in many ways Paypal is probably the really big financial story but one that's unlikely to come out unless donors decide to go public, which I can't see more than a small number doing. If it didn't involve funding the grift, I'd sign up to access the community page, it does sound incredible.

View attachment 1605100
Makes sense that she likes things cold, claggy and underdone
Wish Nigella Jack gives me the boak. That is all.

Reactions: 32
Maybe she could set up a new TV series. Shanā€™t Cook, Canā€™t Cook.
Itā€™s just an hour of Jack waiting for her deliveroo.

Anyhoo, if sheā€™s got people coming round for a roast next week, she should get the seven slow cookers fired up now. Wouldnā€™t want any texture to sneak through.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.