Jack Monroe #404 Stick to washing spaghetti love

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So thumbelina missed a trick with quinoa,

it contains natural antidepressants, is a complete protein, meaning it contains all of the nine essential amino acids.
quinoa is rich in both fiber and protein, and contains much higher amounts of nutrients than rice, while allowing for a similar texture. Additionally, quinoa has far fewer calories and carbohydrates than white rice, which contains 40 more calories and 15 times the carbohydrates per cup than the same amount of quinoa. A cup of quinoa will also provide twice the protein and about 5 grams more fiber than the same amount of white rice.

Due to this higher quantity of protein and fiber, quinoa is not only the healthier choice, but will also fill you up faster, allowing for smaller portion sizes. Plus, this surplus of fiber can help to lower cholesterol and control blood sugar levels. This is in stark contrast to the high glycemic white rice, which has the potential to negatively affect your blood sugar levels in an instant.

the husks produce a foaming agent, It is like a soap and is good for washing hair and clothes.

In the past, before industrial products were widely available, our ancestors used quinoa foam and liquid for their personal hygiene. In recognition of this scientists call the chemical that is on the seeds saponin.
Blimmin eck!!! This is fascinating. I was actually in Waitrose earlier, doing a fantasy imaginary shop whilst buying one hazelnut yogurt, and I looked at the quinoa and said to my sister... "One day I will be a quinoa person... But .. just not yet".

But now I will try

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
That's the recipe I use.

Thats solid advice. His quantities are different to mine but his advice is solid, clearly from experience. The things she is fudging here ar ebasics. White sauce, yorkshire pudding batter, a cake mix. Its not cordon bleu is it?

Reactions: 23
Ha, Jack really thought the meh roasties would win everyone over and induce bonhomie and spurt cleansing squid love* all over her timeline. No no Jack. You’re in extra-time love. Clocks ticking til the con is up. Ref is looking at her watch….

*possibly her pet name for her béchamel ?

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Seems like someone is rattled - no need to start that pile on over some awful looking spuds, when you've said before you don't like potatoes.
What's that Jack? It's not about the potatoes?! Don't forget you aren't obliged to attend every argument you are invited to. Get back to tapping the sign!

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Blimmin eck!!! This is fascinating. I was actually in Waitrose earlier, doing a fantasy imaginary shop whilst buying one hazelnut yogurt, and I looked at the quinoa and said to my sister... "One day I will be a quinoa person... But .. just not yet".

But now I will try
QI is always educational, as well as amusing

Reactions: 13
Remember when she spent a day sneering at other people's trifles on Twitter? How does she know none of the people whose pictures she posted and slagged off to her six-figure audience were or are disabled?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 103
There are so many things that anger me about Jack. Yes there’s the spoiling her brexit vote, not paying her taxes, continuing to take money from her patreon without delivering what she said she would but one of the biggest things that really gets to me is that she sold her son’s favourite toy for money. I look at my baby boy (he is actually a baby and not a little everlasting Victorian small boy) and I just could never bring myself to do that to him.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 65
There are so many things that anger me about Jack. Yes there’s the spoiling her brexit vote, not paying her taxes, continuing to take money from her patreon without delivering what she said she would but one of the biggest things that really gets to me is that she sold her son’s favourite toy for money. I look at my baby boy (he is actually a baby and not a little everlasting Victorian small boy) and I just could never bring myself to do that to him.
She just threw that line in for dramatic effect, her son's toy wouldn't have fetched more than a pound or two. But the fact she brags about it as if she did it is more than bad enough

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Squig isn't picking on her saintly disabled warrior mother, they are saying the potatoes look shite. Not. The. Same. Thing.

A word of advice, Jack. Not everyone is going to agree with you 100% of the time outside your little Twitter bubble. If you didn't post the picture in the first place nobody would have commented.

You don't have to post the minutiae of your dreary little life so you can get your Mediterranean arse kissed.

You do yourself no favours dragging the flying monkeys around the Twattersphere piling onto random posters. You are rapidly proving that you are a thin-skinned eejit who is happy to bully anyone who disagrees with you utilising your 500k followers as ammunition. People who barely noticed you before are seeing just how creepy and obsessive you are when you hunt out comments about you.

Ya saggy handed grifter.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80
So when she uses the word “chef”, she means it in the sense of “not in any way an actual chef, but sometimes fucks about with ingredients.”

In that case, I am also a chef. Also a seamstress because I badly sewed a wonky hem today. I’m also Alan Titchmarsh, because I dragged the lawn mower around.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Roastie Detractor is now being piled on by the ✨ comments club✨ but a few people are pointing out how disproportionate her response was...

Screenshot_20220925-224316_Twitter.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 112
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.