Jack Monroe #402 Which police squad will be tasked to investigate Jack being signed up to a mailing list?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What the duck is this? A haunted loaf?
Grates my blinking parsnips that this watery icing is in the book when a bit of (thicker) icing or a syrup is so easy to make. A couple of lemons and some caster sugar heated up and brushed over with a pastry brush is gorgeous on a cake. But no, the horse is back out of retirement.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Dear heart mouse, do you not remember the greengage jam? That she cooked for hours on end until she was left with a small jar of brown sadness? To be served with cheap wet ham, just like grandad used to have.View attachment 1598860
Excellent, more proof for my theory that slow cookers are a con because everything comes out brown and tasting the same. I am a reasonable cook but slow cookers defeat me. Much prefer my electric pressure cooker.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Just looking at all the "I voted for you for that award, you're so wonderful 🥺" posts on Twitter, and wondering whether JM timed the announcement of the nomination to maximize the lurve she got from her "meanies on the Internet" meltdown. Or is that too organized for her?

BTW I voted in the Pink News poll. I gave my name as Jack Monroe and voted for Alek Vaid-Menon. Come and get me, CSI Essex Celebrity Squad 🚔
we should all have a honest doing this lol 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I can't wait to see what cost of living campaigner of the year Jack Monroe has to say about today's 'mini budget'.

Or rather, whose hot take will she appropriate to send an angry tweet about later when she wakes up.
She must be on her way to Hastings to promote the Grifty Kitchen

• Haha
Reactions: 10
"I have tinned peaches in the cupboard" sounds vaguely threatening.

I would love to read her latest slop tome but no bleeping way am I giving her a penny. I'll just cross my fingers that I find one in a bin sometime.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
When I first saw "depressipes" I assumed you lot had made up the word to express how gut-wrenchingly disappointing the food efforts were. For that, it's a brilliant word.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
What campaigning work has she done this year?
  • Fibbed about getting the ONS to change prices
  • Fibbed about the ASDA smartprice range
  • Got dumped by Superdrug
  • Went on holiday a few times
  • Got a dog
  • Forgot to take her son on holiday
  • Told a load of fibs at a talk in Edinburgh (and possibly in Bristol)
  • Cosied up to random unnamed people at a google event
Where’s the campaigning?
Campaigning to fill her tip jar, boost her patreon

Reactions: 16
Its that a real thing? I mean why does the penis have news?

'Today was hard'

"Feeling floppy after a long hard day"

'Hairy moment when the ball got stuck'
It's what some GCs call it for its lack of lesbian representation and dick pandering (me-rail, I'm moderately GC but think there's bullies and extremists on both sides)

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Phew! I think I can save Nigel from going on my sh1t list as he cleverly avoids saying anything about her actual cookery skills or how tasty her food is AND it's a recycled quote from 2.5 years ago. 🙌
I see that Nigel is with the same Agency as JM. I know it’s common/expected to big-up other clients of your Agency. Even if they can’t cook and are a professional embarrassment.

The price is high for a slop and old hair manual.

I wonder if her publishers are going to link up with TT or the like in a teemill style "5p from every sale will pay for a pov to have emergency slop rations for 19 days".
BIB: #threadtitlenomination

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Right, confession time : I tried making one of her recipes, I think it was the salmon paste pasta, even went looking for the paste thing. Surprise surprise, it was tasteless and a waste of ingredients. What possessed me I don't know, since I can actually cook. Most of her food looks like something you'd fling together in a pan coming home after a heavy night in the pub.
I made this many moons ago, when our budget was very tight! Never again. Had a overwhelming fishy taste, not pleasant at all. And I'm someone that loves anchovies, so for me to be put off by a strong taste like that is saying something 🤢

• Sick
Reactions: 13
I'd like to think that they are aiming at the "bills coming in after Christmas so it's budget time" audience, but your explanation is probably closer to the truth.

One really big-selling category in January and February, building off New Year's resolutions, is get-fit books. Maybe this book is in January because part of the "home hacks" is her tips for getting in shape :D
Tip 1: keep a dumbbell by the loo and do 20 reps every time your bowels have to evacuate some of the slop in this book you've lovingly recreated. Just don't trip over it and bash your face on the sink/tap/bath/medicine cabinet/studio equipment.

Tip 2: check yourself into an expensive celebrity dayhab with mandatory therapy sessions. It'll do duck all and you'll somehow come out a worse person than when you went in, but you'll get a weighted hula hoop out of it so you can stay trim between Twitter meltdowns.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
The Pink News awards were the perfect opportunity for Jack to be selfless for once (and it would cost her nothing financially).

Instead of her 'pick me' post she could have said something like "I'm honoured to be nominated but would like to use my position of privilege and high profile to raise up and highlight organisations/people like Kyiv Pride/whoever. Please vote for them"

But she's a narcisistic tw@t, so she didn't.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
She’s said nowt on the mini budget then? 1% cut on income tax from April for those earning 12-50k but a 5% cut for those earning 150k or over. It’s almost like she could have taken issue with that if she understood or gave a tit. (Cue late, angry Tweet, retweet of Martin Lewis etc.)

Bankers’ bonuses uncapped and borrowing hugely increased. Borrowing has doubled in 10 years and it’s our children who will end up paying the price.

I think this is my aneurysm. That she or any of her followers seriously believe she’s an anti poverty campaigner. She doesn’t even understand poverty. It’s not Tweeting Asda to be allowed to buy four tins of cheap beans. That achieves absolutely duck all.

Jack tit, she should be called. Because that’s how much she cares about people in desperate and genuine poverty. Campaigner my arse. She campaigns for donations to her PayPal first and foremost. And no amount of poor me Tweets will ever detract from that.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 64
Tip 1: keep a dumbbell by the loo and do 20 reps every time your bowels have to evacuate some of the slop in this book you've lovingly recreated. Just don't trip over it and bash your face on the sink/tap/bath/medicine cabinet/studio equipment.

Tip 2: check yourself into an expensive celebrity dayhab with mandatory therapy sessions. It'll do duck all and you'll somehow come out a worse person than when you went in, but you'll get a weighted hula hoop out of it so you can stay trim between Twitter meltdowns.
Tip 1 - completed it mate.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 16
The Pink News thing is just odd. Do you think her friend's at DivaPDF might have nominated her or something?

The Pink News Awards blurb says "The annual PinkNews Awards aims to recognise the incredible contributions of those who campaign for LGBTQ+ equality worldwide, whilst celebrating moments of unprecedented LGBTQ+ achievement."

All the other nominees for the Campaigner award are definitely campaigners for LGBTQ+ causes, not campaigners who are also LGBTQ+

Even in her fantasy world where she single-handedly invented the VBI and forced ONS to adopt it when doing their statistics, is there anything that would count as LGBTQ+ campaigning? She doesn't even do the "ASDA cheapo beans being WITHDRAWN disproportionately affects LGBTQ+ people because they're more likely to be in poverty" thing.

She'd be a better fit for Local Leader (for all the quiet and gentle unseen work she does for Southend LGBTQ+ charities/groups) or Community Role Model (for being Non-Binary on Twitter and on the cover of DivaPDF and sometimes on the telly).

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.