Jack Monroe #402 Which police squad will be tasked to investigate Jack being signed up to a mailing list?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It looks so dry
I think it's peach drizzle cake. I seem to recall something similar, from the del Monte partnership, and the lumps could be peach slices. I can't see how this would be nicer or cheaper than lemon drizzle cake, smart price lemons are avainable, though

Reactions: 19
The Pink News awards were the perfect opportunity for Jack to be selfless for once (and it would cost her nothing financially).

Instead of her 'pick me' post she could have said something like "I'm honoured to be nominated but would like to use my position of privilege and high profile to raise up and highlight organisations/people like Kyiv Pride/whoever. Please vote for them"

But she's a narcisistic tw@t, so she didn't.
I can’t imagine being her, being nominated for an award competing with organisations that actually battle homophobia, and thinking it was appropriate to ask people to vote for me not them. Her self-centred arrogance never fails to astound.

Reactions: 41
Remember when one of Jack's mates wrote a cookbook and she said "want me to write some blurb for the cover? '

Without having seen or read the book.

They must all do that
Yes, I reckon you’re right. I’ve mentioned before that I bought Veganish on the back of Nigella tweeting a recommendation of it. It’s terrible-pissed me off that Nigella did that. I don’t believe she read it or can possibly have thought those were good recipes.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
The Pink News thing is just odd. Do you think her friend's at DivaPDF might have nominated her or something?

The Pink News Awards blurb says "The annual PinkNews Awards aims to recognise the incredible contributions of those who campaign for LGBTQ+ equality worldwide, whilst celebrating moments of unprecedented LGBTQ+ achievement."

All the other nominees for the Campaigner award are definitely campaigners for LGBTQ+ causes, not campaigners who are also LGBTQ+

Even in her fantasy world where she single-handedly invented the VBI and forced ONS to adopt it when doing their statistics, is there anything that would count as LGBTQ+ campaigning? She doesn't even do the "ASDA cheapo beans being WITHDRAWN disproportionately affects LGBTQ+ people because they're more likely to be in poverty" thing.

She'd be a better fit for Local Leader (for all the quiet and gentle unseen work she does for Southend LGBTQ+ charities/groups) or Community Role Model (for being Non-Binary on Twitter and on the cover of DivaPDF and sometimes on the telly).
All of those media types mix in the same circles (and despite her trying to make out otherwise, JM is totally a media luvvy). They'll have seen her complaining about being 'attacked' blah blah blah and put her up for it as a favour. It's pathetic when you think about it.

Reactions: 24
The pound is tanking. It’s possibly the disastrous mini-budget, but it might be that the markets have seen the price of Jack’s new book and think that the UK is doomed.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I’d love to ask Jay Rayner which recipes specifically he would recommend. And ask the publishers if it isn’t a little disingenuous to be recycling quotes in an attempt to shift this pointless book. Also, doesn’t this book perfectly prove Lee Anderson’s point that Jack makes money from the poor?

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Hmm...some speculation m'lud.

Three years of recipes disappeared from website so she could rehash them for this book rather than come up with anything original, or possibly because she had been copying them from elsewhere and someone copped it?

Stunt hair - very girly housewife vibe. For Harold's benefit do we think? 'Look at me, a demure little babymama MARRY ME IMPREGNATE ME I WILL HAVE LONG HAIRS'

Also she can duck off with accusing JO re cheesy chips, she was the one who said poor people sit around eating burgers!!! Histrionic witch. We always ate well, if slightly boring (my mum being from the meat and two veg culinary school)
MARRY ME IMPREGNATE ME I WILL HAVE LONG HAIRS For thread title please

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Hilary Mantel has died. I would have loved to have read her take on JM. She did a brilliant piece called 'Royal Bodies' for the LRB.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I note she's left the comments open on that Pink News tweet, rather than restricting them to the ✨comments club✨

Trying to drown out criticism with a flood of positive replies? I also note she didn't tag in Pink News, which seems a bit rude, since it's their awards.

Everyone voting for her instead of the actual campaigners in that link need to give their heads a wobble.

I'm not Pink News' target audience so I don't feel comfortable voting.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Lewisham food bank has tweeted their support of Jack and said ‘Of all the people, you are one of the most deserving…Now go celebrate’. Wtf? They’re a Trussel trust food bank.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 48
I think it's peach drizzle cake. I seem to recall something similar, from the del Monte partnership, and the lumps could be peach slices. I can't see how this would be nicer or cheaper than lemon drizzle cake, smart price lemons are avainable, though
Peaches don't work in cake (texture + wet) but a simple peach sponge-topped pud or cobbler is lovely, cheap and easy. The problem is, her niche is a useless empty one- there just is no new and better way to make budget food, only stupid twists.

Reactions: 19
Lewisham food bank has tweeted their support of Jack and said ‘Of all the people, you are one of the most deserving…Now go celebrate’. Wtf? They’re a Trussel trust food bank.
Why are they acting like she's already won rather than the truth of the matter, which is that she's using her platform to beg for votes?

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.