Jack Monroe #402 Which police squad will be tasked to investigate Jack being signed up to a mailing list?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just stopping for a piss and a sandwich and not sure if I'm relieved or disappointed there hasn't been a hot take about todays mini budget. No doubt its coming in the next 48 hours once others have already thought of it. Its amazing how such a well known poverty campaigner can be so absent during these times.

Reactions: 18
I can’t imagine being her, being nominated for an award competing with organisations that actually battle homophobia, and thinking it was appropriate to ask people to vote for me not them. Her self-centred arrogance never fails to astound.
She's just a bleep, and the sooner she's cancelled, the better for everyone.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Will I try creating a thread? EDIT: Can't see the orange 'post thread' button so perhaps only those who are Active Members or more advanced may create? Let this burden pass from me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
What campaigning work has she done this year?
  • Fibbed about getting the ONS to change prices
  • Fibbed about the ASDA smartprice range
  • Got dumped by Superdrug
  • Went on holiday a few times
  • Got a dog
  • Forgot to take her son on holiday
  • Told a load of fibs at a talk in Edinburgh (and possibly in Bristol)
  • Cosied up to random unnamed people at a google event
Where’s the campaigning?
Clue: there is none. Jack Monroe only speaks out to serve herself.

Reactions: 13
I note she's left the comments open on that Pink News tweet, rather than restricting them to the ✨comments club✨

Trying to drown out criticism with a flood of positive replies? I also note she didn't tag in Pink News, which seems a bit rude, since it's their awards.

Everyone voting for her instead of the actual campaigners in that link need to give their heads a wobble.

I'm not Pink News' target audience so I don't feel comfortable voting.
That’s a good point. I did hesitate before voting, as I’m also not the target audience - then saw the avalanche of Jackolytes telling her they’d voted after she tweeted, encouraging them to vote for her. The AUDACITY. So, I voted.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
The Pink News thing is just odd. Do you think her friend's at DivaPDF might have nominated her or something?

The Pink News Awards blurb says "The annual PinkNews Awards aims to recognise the incredible contributions of those who campaign for LGBTQ+ equality worldwide, whilst celebrating moments of unprecedented LGBTQ+ achievement."

All the other nominees for the Campaigner award are definitely campaigners for LGBTQ+ causes, not campaigners who are also LGBTQ+

Even in her fantasy world where she single-handedly invented the VBI and forced ONS to adopt it when doing their statistics, is there anything that would count as LGBTQ+ campaigning? She doesn't even do the "ASDA cheapo beans being WITHDRAWN disproportionately affects LGBTQ+ people because they're more likely to be in poverty" thing.

She'd be a better fit for Local Leader (for all the quiet and gentle unseen work she does for Southend LGBTQ+ charities/groups) or Community Role Model (for being Non-Binary on Twitter and on the cover of DivaPDF and sometimes on the telly).
It is especially odd when they haven’t even put her on the promo photo for the category. As though she is a last minute addition and they didn’t have time to add her in.
1663932137828.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
if you search "thrifty kitchen" on twitter and keep the search to "top" (dependent on your algorithm, of course, but it's a bbc food tweet from 18th january 2021), it is just a short scroll to find that episode of dr rupy's iplayer show where jack sits there dressed as dennis nilsen, honking away about the poverty and tinned tomatoes while rupy patiently makes quite a nice looking jambalaya :D

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I randomly caught Joss Stone of all people making Mac and Cheese on Lorraine yesterday and look how much more natural she was than 'literally my job' Jack:

Jeepers, there’s over a kilo of cheese in this! It does sound lovely but also my arteries are getting clogged just looking at it.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Jack has retweeted a David Lammy "joke" about trickle down economics. It involves maths but no evidence of Pythagoras.
I assume she is furiously, yet gently penning a luke warm take on the budget?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
What campaigning work has she done this year?
  • Fibbed about getting the ONS to change prices
  • Fibbed about the ASDA smartprice range
  • Got dumped by Superdrug
  • Went on holiday a few times
  • Got a dog
  • Forgot to take her son on holiday
  • Told a load of fibs at a talk in Edinburgh (and possibly in Bristol)
  • Cosied up to random unnamed people at a google event
Where’s the campaigning?
Insisted that lesbians shag cis men?
(Not getting into a GC debate here. Whatever your stance I'm sure we can all agree that that's just bleeping ridiculous)

• Haha
Reactions: 19
She learned from the best!

Harry McGraw took multiple punches to his face, threats to his life, and a load of abuse off everyone and still got up to get the job done. Jack could learn something from him.

JB would never be her friend either, JB is a REAL bestselling author, pals.

Reactions: 8
Jack has retweeted a David Lammy "joke" about trickle down economics. It involves maths but no evidence of Pythagoras.
I assume she is furiously, yet gently penning a luke warm take on the budget?
She's probably struggling because she knows as soon as mentions tax the squigs will descend.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Hmm I think the Pink News awards are a fix, Linda Riley probably got her bunged in at the last minute in exchange for a burger.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
She can't make a useful comment because she's busy with 26 hours of prepping for tomorrows little talk. Also because she can't.
Things J doesn't understand
~Words
~Food tech (eg why dehydrating boiled fruit in a slow cooker isn't jam)
~Economics (all of it)
~eye peas
~The law
~Train timetables

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I see she’s just going with the tactic of retweeting people who have a vague idea what they’re talking about, rather than commenting herself and therefore making it clear that she has no idea what she’s talking about.
Honestly she’s a truly awful ‘anti poverty’ campaigner. She doesn’t even take the time to read up on the basics. I reckon with a couple of tweets I could help more people than she does.

Reactions: 17
Hmm I think the Pink News awards are a fix, Linda Riley probably got her bunged in at the last minute in exchange for a burger.
Linda Riley has written at least one column for pink news so guaranteed she has friends there.
Diva publishes a Pro Jack fluff piece, gets push back.
Few days later jack is nominated for LGBT activist award at Pink News, no mention of any particular activism she's done.
Linda Riley connected to both publications...

Screenshot_20220923-124713-01.jpeg

If I was a suspicious sort, which I am, I'd call shenanigans. Don't be surprised if Jack wins. Friends of friends of friends.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
Is the squig who reads tattle and quotes it on twitter (sign up here if you want to talk about it!) Unaware of the tattle policy regarding keeping it on tattle? Not sure what they are expecting, even when misinterpreting posts?
I mean I personally don't mind that much, I've posted enough of their tweets here, but keep up properly for context if you're gonna 😂

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.