Jack Monroe #402 Which police squad will be tasked to investigate Jack being signed up to a mailing list?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That’s the FaceTune, blurring and darkening her eyes.

Jack’s not in this photo!
Omg so it's by choice? It's not her inner hollowness showing, accidentally?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
If anyone is thinking of taking one for the team and buying Jack's latest tome for sharing the lols, please don't. The full price sales will add to whether she is viable as an author.

Please hold back, they will be in the bargain bin soon enough, or on a 99p kindle deal. I got Tin Can Cook for 99p just before the That Man chaos, at least 98p too much!
I have honestly never spent that much on a book, even at uni. I used the library for books i needed. Thats a shocking price .

Reactions: 17
The price is high for a slop and old hair manual.

I wonder if her publishers are going to link up with TT or the like in a teemill style "5p from every sale will pay for a pov to have emergency slop rations for 19 days".

• Angry
Strangely, Mrs Beeton wasn't quite all she seemed.
"Isabella Beeton was only 21 when she began cookery writing. Her first recipe for Victoria sponge was so inept that she left out the eggs"
Mrs beeton Invented the toast sandwich 🥪 can’t believe mackie hasn’t stolen that one, I mean it wouldn’t be slop.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Yes it’s a rag that’s full of tit and lies.
I had a look at their site. It’s amazing how they are basically a wing of the Labour Party. Every British VIP they cite is a Labour grandee (!)

Also a nominee for ‘sports personality of the year’ is Lia Thomas - I wasn’t aware of them having any sort of personality other than being controversial for competing against women.

• Angry
Reactions: 25
It's probably my bias affecting my perception, but she always looks like she's snarling to me.

So I wonder if she's going to do any promotion for this book? Usually new cookbooks are launched with a run up of slots on This Morning, Saturday Kitchen and the like... Hmmm... 🤔
I think that is why she had all these recent gigs, booked for promotion, but surprisingly it wasn’t ready

Reactions: 14
Can you imagine the carnage of mackie attempting to make jam?
Dear heart mouse, do you not remember the greengage jam? That she cooked for hours on end until she was left with a small jar of brown sadness? To be served with cheap wet ham, just like grandad used to have.
Screenshot_20220923-072952_Instagram.jpg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
If I remember right, didn't she do the bare minimum (natch) for her last book? I'm not really surprised that this one is the same. People still refer back to Tin Can, rather than her newest offering...

That price though! What are they thinking?! Especially with a winter release, when lots of us will be in the middle of a worrying time for affording fuel bills, food costs etc.

Reactions: 23
I think that is why she had all these recent gigs, booked for promotion, but surprisingly it wasn’t ready
I think you're right, I can't remember which appearance it was, but at one of them she was billed as talking about her book GFFBD. That book came out in 2020, why would.she be talking about it at festivals in 2022? Most likely she was due to be talking about the new one, but she hadn't got her tit together.

Reactions: 12
I get it now.

So you cannot afford firewood, gas, oil or electricity for 20 quid i can teach you all you need to know about how to not use those things and live like the times of yore.

I dunno seems a bit strange.

Reactions: 18
Prove it.

(For those who missed it I tried "teemill" and "delmonte" as passwords on her teemill site after someone else joked about it. Or at least I said I did. Fascinated to see what evidence Jack brings to court.)

View attachment 1597110
They talked such crap about Julie Bindel that she successfully sued. They agreed on an undisclosed settlement.

So that's a yes.

• Wow
Dear heart mouse, do you not remember the greengage jam? That she cooked for hours on end until she was left with a small jar of brown sadness? To be served with cheap wet ham, just like grandad used to have.View attachment 1598860
I was going to mention that. Had forgotten just how brown and terrible looking it was!

I won't be taking one for team and buying her new book. I'm reminded often enough of my foolishness by the fact I already own some of hers. They come in handy when we need a dose of gross though, so there's that.

Reactions: 14
If I remember rightly, these are not even HER hints and tips. Didn’t she ask her tweeps to send her their ideas?

Nancy Birtwhistle of Bake Off fame has been sharing green and frugal household hints on Instagram for ages such as ivy leaves and conkers for washing clothes. She also has written a couple of books on the subject. I bet there’ll be some, let’s say, similarities…

Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.