Jack Monroe #402 Which police squad will be tasked to investigate Jack being signed up to a mailing list?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t, I can’t, believe that she is still viewed as a campaigner - when if you scratch 1mm under the surface of her bollocks it’s obvious she’s a lying, bigmouth, fraudster

She just likes attention.

I swear it's why she suddenly had opposing opinions on the monarchy of late. There was a bonanza of talking heads for the 24 hour coverage, she wanted an invite, and didn't get one.

Reactions: 30
Can't believe there's going to be another sanctimonious tome to assuage middle class guilt cookbook.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
The wordy macro philanthropy one where the text inexplicably changes colour halfway down it.
I was pondering this t-shirt slogan, shouldn’t it be ‘micro’ not ‘macro’ philanthropy? After all, it’s discussing small, individual acts of philanthropy rather than big sweeping ones. Don’t tell me this is another t-shirt she’s ballsed up but that dickheads are still buying?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
I can't wait for the thrifty, money saving tips too. Wonder if Martin Lewis has had any input and if so, will he be credited?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I am sure that there will be some unlucky fuckers who will get an email (or similar) stating for Christmas I have bought you JMs latest book, it will be will you in early January
Ah well, at least it won't ruin their Christmas. Bugger of a start to the new year though!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I think it's maybe a little bit hypocritical to knock the squigs on Twitter when Jack also thinks us fraus talking about her in Tattle are harassing and trolling her too. Yes there's a particular crowd of Tweeters but honestly I'm glad ANYONE is calling her out, it's about time after years of having to tiptoe around the lauded Saint Jack and her hoop rinsing.

Reactions: 47
Also, every photo I've ever seen of JM... she's got this cold, dead eyed look. Doesn't matter what facial expression she's pulling. Her eyes, man...it's like she's fixed on something. Your wallet? Your soul? Your identity? All three? Can't quite put my finger on it.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I think it's also aimed at the Christmas gift card crowd. £20 in pretend Amazon cash under the tree, and guess what costs exactly that. Really makes you think.
I don't give tokens any more because in this climate, the company might have gone bust by the time they are used and it gets complicated.

Also hacks are a sharing thing, not something you pay for. Long time ago they were called housewives hints. Paperclip and button to hold your stockings up when your suspenders broke.

Reactions: 25
I was talking to my mum yesterday, she knows who JM is from TV but she's not fussed about social media) and I mentioned the hoop rinsing recipe. Firstly, she didn't believe me and secondly, when I showed her she couldn't stop laughing. Finished with "we were poor in the early 80's, when you were a baby. That's a bleeping waste of a tin of spaghetti that. No one in their right mind would do that".

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
*Catherine Cookson tangent*

Catherine Cookson's books were never my thing, but she was born into a real working-class household and was known for her philanthropy. The Catherine Cookson Charitable Trust did (and still does) a lot of good in the world. 🔺 I was born way too early and spent time in the unit she created for premature babies.🔺Mum said it was a wonderful place, but it closed years ago. I just think it's sad how something genuinely useful and practical like a hospital ward is shut down, and we're left with Jack Monroe spouting about her fake poverty experiences. Catherine Cookson deserved better!

Anyway, some of her donations are described here

View attachment 1598721
It’s lovely to read how philanthropic she was. Jack could never - and that is fine too. Not everyone wants to or needs to give their money away.
The point I’m making is, i feel sure Catherine Cookson’s agent didn’t have to be chased by the University of Newcastle to see where their promised donation was.
Im sure Catherine Cookson didn’t have to paste a receipt into her next book either, as proof she’d donated, and im quietly confident she would have done all of that without as much fuss as Jack created when she was selling her fascist merch.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Who does she know at Pink News then? *Sigh*

A bleeping award?! What for? Co-opting every identity going and profiting off the backs of folk in genuine need?

• Angry
Reactions: 37
Jack’s Top Home Hacks!

1. Buy a house
2. No, not THAT house. A bigger one.
3. Use other people’s money to do so.
4. Furnish with existing puddle goods.
5. Crowdfund for new puddle goods.
6. Relax in your new home Write HH4: isn’t renting awful?
7. Tell any landlord-adjacent family not to read HH4
8. Tell everyone your new landlady/lord (tbc) is a right bastard. Point to tip jar, coyly.
9. Do photoshoot in crappy new home. Ensure the east wing & spa are not in the photos.
10. Find local Asda. Oh duck there’s only a Waitrose, Little Waitrose, Sainsburys, Organic Farm Shop and 15 Tesco Express within 15 miles. See if Asda do deliveries.
Where’s the spite orangery?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Apologies if this has already been said as I haven’t read every post on this thread, but when I see on Twitter she’s been nominated for awards for her activism/campaigning etc… I just don’t get it?! As others have said, doing things behind the scenes etc (as she claims to do) is not really campaigning/activism in the sense that there’s no promoting the causes. And to that point, when do you ever see her share good causes/charities etc on Twitter? Other people who are doing good in this world use their social media to promote the causes/charities they believe in. She rarely, if ever, mentions all the charities/campaigns she supposedly supports/works with. Surely someone in her position would be sharing details of initiatives/charities that she believes could help followers who perhaps are in need of help. 🤷‍♀️
All the people tweeting to say she so deserves these nominations….FOR WHAT?!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Also, every photo I've ever seen of JM... she's got this cold, dead eyed look. Doesn't matter what facial expression she's pulling. Her eyes, man...it's like she's fixed on something. Your wallet? Your soul? Your identity? All three? Can't quite put my finger on it.
That’s the FaceTune, blurring and darkening her eyes.

Jack’s not in this photo!

Reactions: 12
Putting my Russell’s together and praying 🙏🏼 that the tumble drier fluff in a loo roll tube firelighter hack makes it in, the version with plughole hair, as well as the table salt and old orange peel and herbs in a milk bottle “home spa” bath salts, just to see those insane, unhealthy and pointless “hacks” in print will make my 2023.
I'm hoping we'll see the hazardous tin can tea light holders, and the tit painted tin can skittles 🥰.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
The stunt hair must be for lots of lovely photos inside the book, posing with some rinsed foodstuff before she boils the tit out of it. Just think of the photoshop possibilities 🥰

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Not wishing to 🔺 or anything but as someone who used to work in the UK for a large USA based online social network, police intervention in online situations is determined by the law of the country in which the web servers are based and is really complex at the best of times. Jack's living in another jackanory world if she thinks the police are going to give two hoots about folk being signed up for mailing lists, particularly when most sign ups are two step (the 2nd one being the one she can request removal if she didn't do it) and they'd be advising her to block users on Twitter, or mark her account private, block DMs etc. Geez peace.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.