Jack Monroe #402 Which police squad will be tasked to investigate Jack being signed up to a mailing list?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She never recommends things like markets because not everyone has access to them or something. Same for Lidl and Aldi, despite the fact many poorer towns tend to have a branch that’s close to the centre. Personally I think she’s just too lazy to go anywhere except Asda unless she’s driven in a big car.
Your local market wont do a decent brand deal for an influencer with tastes like that. No money in changing your ingredient to the market or doinga selfy saying thats where you are going.

Reactions: 19
Totally confused by her talking about being investigated for benefit fraud as though it’s some massive invasion. It’s really not if you’re not doing anything wrong. Someone reported me for benefit fraud. The guy brought up my details, asked me to outline my claim. It was cleared up within 20 minutes. Wasn’t scary or taxing at all. He was a lovely man. He also flagged my details up as having been reported maliciously which meant in future they’d have someone higher up automatically go through it and not need to contact me at all. Never heard from them again. Jack is the most dramatic person I’ve ever seen.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
All friends. I'll let you go home down the slippery -slope. :p

I am aware that some may have no idea what I am going on about. The Faraway Tree is a book by Enid Blyton. Moon Face lives in the tree and lands visit the top of it.
Bloody love those books.

looking forward to Jack's riff on the Pop Biscuit or Toffee Schock. Although come to think of it now, the Angry Pixie rings a bell.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
just zooming in on the grifty kitchen cover and, weren't butter beans mentioned here yesterday? and here they are front and centre in... whatever this is

we're like the oracle here!

View attachment 1598406

also, "home hacks" sounds kinda scary. it just makes me think of the time pierce brosnan was the voice of the simpsons' house and kept trying to kill homer
No, they look a bit small ... I think those are baked beans, possibly rinsed.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
just zooming in on the grifty kitchen cover and, weren't butter beans mentioned here yesterday? and here they are front and centre in... whatever this is

we're like the oracle here!

View attachment 1598406

also, "home hacks" sounds kinda scary. it just makes me think of the time pierce brosnan was the voice of the simpsons' house and kept trying to kill homer
Nothing says "this book was put together as cheaply as possible" like Impact font.

Edited to add that I'm trained in typesetting and graphic design. This shambles upsets me and also backs up my theory that her publishers do not give one single solitary shiiiiiit about her at all.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 75
I thought that Jack and her family only recently hooked up via WhatsApp. Talking about vacuums. Wonder what happened to the 2020 familial WhatsApp?
View attachment 1598445
She probably got a fax from Big Dave in March 2020, telling her that his Royal contacts tipped him off that covid could be transmitted via WhatsApp, so they’d all have to stop using it. It worked until September ‘22 when Jack kept sending the dog round with notes in its collar, so Big Dave felt they’d had a good run and he’d let her into the ‘new’ group, as the special secret restrictions had eased.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Steady now, Jack’ll be adding you to her ‘possible’ fiancé list.
I’m not rich enough and the kids would dislike her but if I did look for a new wife I’d be minded to go mail order for a cooking+cleaning+Bedroom deal, jack’s lack of cleaning would be a bit of a deal breaker

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Nothing says "this book was put together as cheaply as possible" like Impact font.

Edited to add that I'm trained in typesetting and graphic design. This shambles upsets me and also backs up my theory that her publishers do not give one single solitary shiiiiiit about her at all.
Strong 'your dumb fans will buy it anyway and theres no point wasting money marketing this crud to anyone else' vibes.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I’m not rich enough and the kids would dislike her but if I did look for a new wife I’d be minded to go mail order for a cooking+cleaning+Bedroom deal, jack’s lack of cleaning would be a bit of a deal breaker
You could do the cleaning? She’ll keep you resplendent in pumble and empty tote bags from executive retreats.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Does anyone else think this tweet looks like it wasn’t written by Jack? It’s too…“calm”?
I'd hate to see Jack win--because she's up against people like Nemat Sadat who is an out Afghan journalist. He's got some cred. Jayne Ozanne an out Anglican who is working to ban conversion therapy, sat on the Archbishops' Council, had real jobs, has real influence and impact. Munroe Bergdorf a trans model with a major CV in her field. Kyiv Pride which, well, enough said. All of these people have real influence and are using that influence. Then there's Jack.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 56
BiB: a very good friend of mine is head of publicity at a very large publishing firm. She’s always on the road with her authors, at BBC, ITV and all over the country for talks and appearances. Her authors are wide ranging - photography, actors, musicians, fiction and non fiction, and chefs.
wouldn’t even embarrass myself by asking about Jack, but what I can say is that i get occasional free books, signed by the authors - I have never known my friend to have access to as many free books as Jack. How come she always promises to give some away? That must be killing her publishers. I wonder if any of their other authors give away as much.
Same babes, same.
Not head of publicity but ex sil works 'in the industry'
I actually get on better with her than I do with my brother that she had the sense to divorce.
Although we get on well, I am very much down the list of friends and Christmas and birthday gifts are quite obviously freebies she's passing on. I'm not complaining. I'd do the same if situations were reversed. Also, they are usually quite good books and this is why I've got a copy of all of THAT MAN'S books. I have actually been not very subtle and mentioned heavily how much I would like Lawrence llewelyn-bowen's new book.
She also passes on tickets and things.
Absolutely nothing ever of Jack's, nor does she have piles of books from the same author.
Really makes you think.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
Genuine question, has Jack done any relevant campaigning at all this year, other than denying that her bonks were boys?
I was wondering that.
Has she actually done unpaid campaigning? Or not appearing on TV campaigning?
The one genuine thing she could have done - speaking at that rally in London - she was the usual no show.
She hasn't produced the one tool that possibly might be useful - VBI. And has given no progress reports on it. And lied about her involvement with the ONS.
What has she done?

Reactions: 44
Hair like a tudor merkin
Brilliant, let me bang my Russell brands together in a show of appreciation for all the work youve done over the past year 👏
Her tudor merkin reminds me of Norman Bates wearing his mum's wig.

Don't have nightmares

• Haha
Reactions: 24
These squigs are playing into her hands now. It's the same three or four zoomers who look a bit obsessed, regardless of how correct they might be. It can come off as looking targeted
Agree. It's the same ones. They're not wrong, but they are targeting her.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.