Jack Monroe #402 Which police squad will be tasked to investigate Jack being signed up to a mailing list?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's probably my bias affecting my perception, but she always looks like she's snarling to me.

So I wonder if she's going to do any promotion for this book? Usually new cookbooks are launched with a run up of slots on This Morning, Saturday Kitchen and the like... Hmmm... 🤔
BiB: a very good friend of mine is head of publicity at a very large publishing firm. She’s always on the road with her authors, at BBC, ITV and all over the country for talks and appearances. Her authors are wide ranging - photography, actors, musicians, fiction and non fiction, and chefs.
wouldn’t even embarrass myself by asking about Jack, but what I can say is that i get occasional free books, signed by the authors - I have never known my friend to have access to as many free books as Jack. How come she always promises to give some away? That must be killing her publishers. I wonder if any of their other authors give away as much.

Reactions: 47
Just looking at all the "I voted for you for that award, you're so wonderful 🥺" posts on Twitter, and wondering whether JM timed the announcement of the nomination to maximize the lurve she got from her "meanies on the Internet" meltdown. Or is that too organized for her?

BTW I voted in the Pink News poll. I gave my name as Jack Monroe and voted for Alek Vaid-Menon. Come and get me, CSI Essex Celebrity Squad 🚔
This squig clearly missed the memo

firefox_Cax9tgJO15.png

These are people with Ukraine flags in their names voting for Jack Monroe over Kyiv Pride for LGBTQ+ equality campaigning
She knew exactly what she was doing with "campaigner of the year" and "appreciation for the work I’ve done"

ETA it should be noted Jack has twice as many twitter followers as PinkNews, which itself claims to be the "World’s most read & watched LGBTQ+ digital media publisher." Way to over egg the pudding, Jack.

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 74
£20 for a book called 'Thrifty Kitchen' right after Christmas....its almost like the publishers don't believe the book will sell....

I bet it was meant to be released for Christmas but the decades of final edits delayed it.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Ffs i cant breathe in here tonight without offending thats it im telling on you ninnies.

Oh poca?!
All friends. I'll let you go home down the slippery -slope. :p

I am aware that some may have no idea what I am going on about. The Faraway Tree is a book by Enid Blyton. Moon Face lives in the tree and lands visit the top of it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
She’s up against fellow Twitter gobshite Munroe Bergdorf and that creepy Alok guy who said ‘little girls are kinky’. Bleugh. What a gross awards show.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 87
Love a crispy tendril on my cookbook cover, the absolute state of it! Jack if you could just hold off on the chaos until tomorrow afternoon I would be very grateful. I'll even send you that signed Slopbot poster you keep emailing me about.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Ok I think today might be a weird day for Jack adjacent stuff because I saw Michael Portillo filming earlier, had to move out of shot 😂

My sleeves were rolled up showing my tattoos and everything but he didn't shout 'maybe you shouldn't have arms!' at me so I wasn't sure if was him at first.
Please tell me he was wearing his pink cords

• Haha
Reactions: 28

I am aware that some may have no idea what I am going on about. The Faraway Tree is a book by Enid Blyton. Moon Face lives in the tree and lands visit the top of it.
Please may I have a Popcake? (Not a slopcake).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Please tell me he was wearing his pink cords
I didn't notice the trouser colour but he had a really bright yellow shirt on, sorta Tweedy blazer on top and was being filmed walking really stiffly 😂 I was watching whilst on the phone to my Dad thinking 'what crappy short film is this? Is it about a man learning to walk?'

Then it slowly dawned on me that it was him and it was probably pick ups/b roll for something or other

• Haha
Reactions: 37

I bloody loved those books. Silky, Moonface, cousin Fanny (not Jacks)
Grifty Kitchen has been moved up from March!! Lots of Jan cookbooks aim for the new year resolution market. Guess they’re hoping lots of people are resolving to have the shits for 2023.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Oh tit, it’s actually happening.

View attachment 1597770

details here -

ETA. That is NOT the continuity hair 😭

View attachment 1597786
Amaazing, she's getting accolades from Jay Rayner and Nigella Lawson (putting in full names because nepotism) for this pamphlet whose front page includes what looks like the doomed del monte cake?? With exclusive added icing?? She's so lazy.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 48
£20 for a book called 'Thrifty Kitchen' right after Christmas....its almost like the publishers don't believe the book will sell....

I bet it was meant to be released for Christmas but the decades of final edits delayed it.
Wonder if they’ve priced it so high so they can discount it heavily back to her normal RRP where in doing so makes ppl think they’ve got a bargain / helps drive positioning/promotion on Amazon…?

The last book did 3k units during a pandemic so guessing they’ll need to make use or all absolutely free marketing mechanisms they’ve got / achieve actual miracle level sales to so much as break even…?

• Wow
Reactions: 46
If the Grifty Kitchen blurb says her tips are “guaranteed to save you money” can I get a refund when it turns out wearing sponges on my feet to polish the floor, or taking out my lightbulbs and spending ££ on solar lights has not, in fact, saved me any money?

Actually maybe it’ll save me my gym subscription by being her usual malnutrition rations and plenty of prunes to flush it all out asap.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Right? She's barely recognisable!
She looks exactly like she looks when she looks like Chesney off of Coronation St, to be fair.
I suspect she was insisting on all kinds of crazy stunt hair, and they convinced her to put it up in a ponytail (to hide the madness if the fake nylon hair) and this was the best of that days shoot.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Didn't Jack claim she fought her publisher to lower the price of a previous book to keep it accessible? What happened this time?

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.